Main Menu

EURO 2020

Started by Old Pedro, June 11, 2021, 11:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Pedro

Denmark boss Kasper Hjulmand is unhappy there will be very limited support for his side at Wembley due to current coronavirus regulations. The Scandinavian nation is on the United Kingdom's Covid-19 amber list, meaning any arrivals must quarantine for 10 days, ruling out fans making the trip in time for the last-four encounter. "We hope Boris Johnson wakes up and gives access to thousands of Danish fans, otherwise we have to carry them onto the pitch," Hjulmand said.

Off topic but after Euro 2020, Mr.Johnson will confirm premier league stadiums will welcome back crowds at full capacity when the new season kicks off next month. Mr.Johnson will also confirm those attending matches will not need to provide proof of being double-jabbed via a vaccine passport which had been speculated.

byrney

Watched the match in a traditional Spanish bar in La Alfoquia so that we could soak up the Spanish atmosphere.

Twelve ex-pats and two Spanish!  They are apparently simply not interested.  Round here they follow mainly Real Madrid and as there are no RM players in the Euros they don't give a toss.

Maybe a Spain/England final might bring them out of the woodwork?

We had a good night though!

Dunedin

It would be very interesting if it was England V Spain for the final. 😊

Dunedin

Typical. The commentators comment was, "The flame has gone out from England" and 15 seconds later the ball was in the back of the Germans net. 😆😆

Dunedin

About time they brought the boy wonder on as no score after 60 minutes. 😅

lmj52

Quote from: Angleseyite on June 26, 2021, 20:03:22 PM
Twll din bob Denmark, no hard feelings :grin:

:grin:   :grin:
Denmark played well though, in fairness.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

Twll din bob Denmark, no hard feelings :grin:

Dunedin

Quote from: Angleseyite on June 26, 2021, 19:50:06 PM
Disappointed but they (Wales) got as far as expected if not slightly better. Well beaten by the Danes, no excuses. Still there's always next time.  :grin:

To be fair Wales were better than the score suggests. After the second goal and late in the game they had almost stopped trying as the writing was on the wall.

Angleseyite

Disappointed but they (Wales) got as far as expected if not slightly better. Well beaten by the Danes, no excuses. Still there's always next time.  :grin:

Dunedin

Well done to Denmark, deserved winners. Wales were all over them in the first 15 minutes but then sort of lost the plot. Yellow cards all over the place for Wales. 4 nill says it all. Ref was over strict at times.
😎

byrney

Don't know what the issue is. 2,500. Is that all? More immigrants than that enter the UK daily now that Brexit has secured the borders..... Good voting guys.

Old Pedro

One rule for one one rule for another timb! If Frankie Boyle was allowed to post on hear about the match tonight I am sure it would be removed pretty quickly.

I see Mourinho has stated that Scotland need a miracle to beat England, just what Scotland may feed off. First goal is so important in this match and I hope there will be goals galore, unlike one of the most boring matches I have just seen Sweden v Slovakia. Slovakia played for a draw and it cost them!

Scotland have to win so an attacking game from the off?

Dunedin

Quote from: Old Pedro on June 18, 2021, 10:08:38 AM
In the papers today..."The Government is said to be discussing a proposal to exempt 2,500 designated VIPs including Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, sponsors and broadcasters from having to self-isolate on arrival into England. Uefa officials have been reportedly threatening to move the semi-finals and final will be moved to Budapest, which will have no border restrictions for travel from next week, if they do not ease the rules for VIPs. Its president Aleksander Ceferin told the Government last week that Britain's border restrictions were too strict compared with those in the EU and that other cities were willing and able to host matches due to be played at Wembley. But in a move likely to spark a fierce backlash among the British public, the VIPs attending the games at Wembley Stadium would not have to abide by travel quarantine rules imposed on ordinary travellers"

I am surprised that some of them want to come here when you see some of the comments made regarding Covid and the UK. It reminds me of the USA reputation slogan a few years ago, "Come to America and get shot." only this time its UK and Covid on offer. 😀

Old Pedro

In the papers today..."The Government is said to be discussing a proposal to exempt 2,500 designated VIPs including Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, sponsors and broadcasters from having to self-isolate on arrival into England. Uefa officials have been reportedly threatening to move the semi-finals and final will be moved to Budapest, which will have no border restrictions for travel from next week, if they do not ease the rules for VIPs. Its president Aleksander Ceferin told the Government last week that Britain's border restrictions were too strict compared with those in the EU and that other cities were willing and able to host matches due to be played at Wembley. But in a move likely to spark a fierce backlash among the British public, the VIPs attending the games at Wembley Stadium would not have to abide by travel quarantine rules imposed on ordinary travellers"

Old Pedro

Great game to watch yesterday and only Jose knows why he never played Bale for a full 90 minutes at Spurs. He may miss the odd penalty, but every team would want him to play a full 90 minutes for them? Goal difference will surely see Wales progress to the knock out stages after holding a five goal advantage over Switzerland with one game left. Well done Wales.

After just getting back to Spain from Skopje via Istanbul it was sad to see N.Macedonia lose today, and will probably fail to qualify depending on the result of Holland v Austria tonight. Great effort but Ukraine had a little more quality.

Johnny73

Bale was written off by some but he and Ramsey were quality today.

doreen1

Fantastic match and result 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Angleseyite

Great win by the lads :grin:

Old Pedro

Glad to see Ericksen is recovering.

Come on Wales shortly to face a tense game against Turkey in front of a partisan crowd of 31,000 in Baku. I think there are only 800 fans there from Wales, so it will feel like an away match. Last time they wore the current away kit they drew and lost, time now for Gareth Bale and the team to change that. Win and they are almost through to the next phase? Good luck.

Dunedin

The game between Denmark and Finland has been suspended after Christian Eriksen collapses during the game.
Resuscitation has commenced but it is not yet known how serious it is.
He is now in hospital and is awake and under observation. 😀

Dunedin

I for one don't understand how betting works. I once put a tenner on a horse in the Grand National many, many years ago and it won so I decided that I will quit betting while I'm still ahead. It was called Highland Wedding, which was spur of the moment thing, as my mate had just months before won the Mr Scotland bodybuilding contest and asked me to come up to Scotland to be Best man. 😀

Old Pedro

I read that there is an incentive of 12 million in the pot if England win the tournament, with each player to receive 461,000 GBP, plus 2,000 per match they play in. England are 5-1 to win the euros now. For those of you who don't understand betting, if you put 10 euros on England at 5-1 you'll lose 10 euros! Seriously England have been in the list of favourites to win since 1966, they do come in win a good track record and of course home advantage, always a bonus. The biggest concern will be our defence against the stronger nations? France, Begium and the current holders Portugal will be hard to beat not mentioning Spain, who should have beaten England in 1996. Who can forget the game against Scotland, the penalty save which led to the famous Gazza goal. I hope Scotland and Wales progress also, as they both have some exciting youngsters to watch out for and for Bale to say goodbye!

In addition nice to see Micah Richards as a pundit.