Main Menu

Wimbledon

Started by Dunedin, July 01, 2021, 14:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Pedro

The legend is out and indeed Federer looked tired. Last night I thought the Canadian was on his way to the final, but when the big points were up for grabs he lost his nerve and experience won. He had so many break points as well that he could not convert. Hats off to Djokovic for showing us all why he is number one in the world.

Glad Kate Middleton is attending both finals after the Danish Royals were allowed to attend Wembley.

Old Pedro

Shame about Raducanu pulling out through an illness yesterday. She will be back and better for the experience. It looks like a Djokovic v Federer final for me, Federer will have to get past the no.2 seed Medvedev if they both keep winning of course. Djokovic will want to equal the record of 20 major titles.

Kate Middleton will also miss Wimbledon after contact tests prove positive after her last Wimbledon visit. Kate has not tested positive and does not have any symptoms but she is following government guidelines. The England cricket team, three of whom breached protocol have forced the first team into isolation and now England have picked an entirely different team. (Latest figures from public health England 84 people died of Covid "related" illnesses and 11,603 from flu and pneumonia)

Dunedin

A dream match for the women's final would be the UK young teenage sensation Emma Raducanu against the American teenager Corri Guaff. It could happen. 😅

Dunedin

Quote from: Old Pedro on July 02, 2021, 10:25:50 AM
Thanks Dunedin I love Wimbledon. I will watch out for those matches. Cameron Norrie must be looking forward to stepping out tomorrow to play Roger Federer. However after his operations Federer looked worryingly good yesterday. Congratulations to Emma Raducanu beating the 2019 French Open finalist yesterday, a few months after her A-levels and moving up in the prize money. Then we can look forward to Dan Evans our no.1 who defeated World No.1 Novak Djokovic in straight sets at the Monte-Carlo Masters in April. Ranked world number 26 he has a great chance to move into the last stages of the tournament. If it rains heavily we can also look forward to Cliff Richard singing!

Cori Guaff beat her Russian oponant 6-4  6-3 yesterday. Diego Swartzman is playing this afternoon as is Dan Evans and Andy Murray. On Centre Court.

Old Pedro

Thanks Dunedin I love Wimbledon. I will watch out for those matches. Cameron Norrie must be looking forward to stepping out tomorrow to play Roger Federer. However after his operations Federer looked worryingly good yesterday. Congratulations to Emma Raducanu beating the 2019 French Open finalist yesterday, a few months after her A-levels and moving up in the prize money. Then we can look forward to Dan Evans our no.1 who defeated World No.1 Novak Djokovic in straight sets at the Monte-Carlo Masters in April. Ranked world number 26 he has a great chance to move into the last stages of the tournament. If it rains heavily we can also look forward to Cliff Richard singing!

Dunedin

For those partially interested, two future young world champions are on court today and tomorrow. The first is the young teenage sensation Coco Guaff and the other is Diego Schwartzman who plays tomorrow who compared to other players looks like one of Snow Whites little Dwarfs but serves strong and moves like a rocket accross the courts.
😀😀