censor man

Started by sharon123, March 07, 2012, 13:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

telcaz

Yes i had the cencus man knocking on my door at 08-45 today, he had a hand held touch screen device with him, he first told me my name, and asked if that was correct, he then touched the screen, he then asked if my house number was 5, which it is although i do not have the number anywhere, he then touched it into the device, then bid me good day, he was Spanish but spoke good English. I then rang Jim Simpsonand told him, he said he had heard from others with the same story, but thought he was genuine.
P.S. I live in "Los Llanos del Peral" Zurgena.
                                                                Terry.

sharon123

Yes thanks just managed to get on forum, yes i got one this afternoon the form asking same things.

monkey

Last week a man knocked at my house in La Alfoquia saying the same, he asked did I live here full time & when I said yes he gave me a census form to fill out. It all looks very official from the Instituto Nacional de Estadistica & is Censos de Poblacion y Viviendas 2011 (why 2011?). It says I have to fill it in by law & send it back in a prepaid envelope. He registered my address & took a bar code number off the form & logged it on a laptop he had then he walked up the road looking at other houses but never knocked at any others.
      The information it requests is very basic things about water, electricity, how long I've lived here etc... nothing asking about bank details or similar things.

Roger

IMPORTANT

The only people authorised to visit houses on behalf of the Town Hall are the local police.

NO ONE ELSE.

Yes Maria Luis is visiting houses to check on the details of the Catastral registration.

If anyone else claims to be doing this take their details and report to the Town Hall.

I want to help

I know that Maria Louise, the police officer is cheking this information now. She was today in Las Huevanillas.

geoffp34

I suggest you contact the Town Hall (950 449434) tomorrow morning and speak to one of the Brit councillors, then let us all know if it is genuine or not.

carwyn99

It is probably a person from the town hall checking all persons on the Padron.

sharon123

A man has just been down our road knocking on doors, needless to say i didnt answer, not knowing who he was, any way i asked the people down the road who are german and dont know much english or spanish, but what i gathered was that he was doing a censor for the town hall does anyone know anything about this, incase he comes back. if i should answer.