WARNING! MERCADONA DOG FOOD PROBLEM.

Started by Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar, February 23, 2012, 10:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar

I've reported it to some weekly rags and they will no doubt be doing something on it next week. if true its great that Mercadona have acted so quickly since my posting on facebook last night. John.

steveconway24

OMG.

Our 8 year old Belgian Shepheards have started drinking loads of water, and one of them is weeing a lot. Guess what, we feed them Mercadona Compy wet food and the problems only started after it changed form cans to cartons.

Keep us posted John

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar

Just got this from a post on my facebook wall.

"Just been to the vet and she has phoned Mercaddona and problem is too much salt in the food so they are withdrawing all this food"

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar

Since this came to light last night there have been many people replying to a Facebook post. A Mojacar vet confirms problems as does my vet in Garrucha and a friend of theirs, a vet in Turre. The dog food being implicated is Compy wet food in cartons and some like me have seen the problem since the food changed from being in a tin to a carton.
A vet in albox has had no reports of any problems.

Back from my vets, a Turre vet has confirmed they are dealing with 4 dogs, all have kidney problems and all were fed Compy. My own vet is also dealing with other dogs having the same problems.

Luckily my dog has not had any of that food for two whole days now and already we are seeing a difference ie not drinking quite as much and obviously not peeing as much. She also hasn't been sick for the last 24 hours. Awaiting blood test results and pee samples will be tested tomorrow.

John.

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar

Just had this come from a friend of mine.

Hi john. our vet has just called us. a lot of dogs have suffered kidney failure lately. goldie is quite poorly at the moment, we dont know if we have caught it soon enough. the common factor is they all have the same make of dog food in their diet. we first noticed goldie was ill by the ammount she was drinking. could you pass this on please.

John