Painting high houses

Started by eric.e, January 07, 2009, 23:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric.e

Many thanks for all your suggestions -- all of them helpful in their different ways. Off-forum, someone has also suggested the use of joined poles (like a chimney sweep uses) but I can't imagine how the paint would stay on the roller while lifting it up 30 feet or more!

Eric

boybilly

PM me if you want the number of someone that would do a great job for you. He is fully trained in the art of painting outside walls here in Spain. Works for a well know Spanish company and could do with a few extra euros to go towards his wedding plans. Billy

Downshifter

The spanish always use scaffolding. I am quite sure in the present climate there would be many  decorators available to paint with the correct equipment for a negotiable price.

galeras1

You have answered your own question.  It is too dangerous.

I have known more deaths of retired people falling from roofs etc than any other other accidental cause.  You may save a couple of quid but then loose the ability to spend it, now that is a real pain in the butt.

Claire

You could always hire a scissor lift from Belezunes!?! in Huercal Overa.

eric.e

I wonder if anyone might have any ideas about how I can manage to paint all the way up the cemented walls of my house which is three stories high in parts? (Looking up those walls from the ground puts me in mind of a cliff-face!) By the way, trying to paint from the top of the walls (i.e. from the roof) would, I think, be too dangerous because the parapet is only 15 cm high.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Eric