Main Menu

Bolton Revival

Started by Bolton, July 02, 2021, 16:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolton

Only one thing to say, if we don't get promotion through the play offs then we will be in this division for a few years to come. We play my old hated team Barnsley who knocked us out last time. On paper we should beat them but knowing my team anything could happen. I will be saying a few prayers on Friday night which is when we play them. then we have the return at our place on Tuesday which could mean its all over for us OR it could be a game at Wembley in the play off final. So lets hope, and pray down on our knees for the best result. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Again I apologise I have not kept up to date with my posts, reason is the team of my life have let me down by not getting automatic promotion and going through the play offs again. Its down to the last match of the season and we play Peterborough at there place. The best is a win of course but if Derby lose at Carlisle which I doubt and we win Four nil which I doubt then its the play-offs. So its onwards to Saturday we should finish in third place in the league which means we play the sixth in the table and it could be anybody of three or four teams its that close down there. But as I always say COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

First I apologise  I am a little late in my reports, I've been away for a few days holiday. So to continue my first is our game re,  Reading, a nice comfortable 5-2 win. I watched it on tele, it was a fantastic match, nobody would of stopped us this night. This also put us back in reach of Derby. Now on to Saturdays match we won again 2-0 against Bristol Rovers, this win puts us within one point of Derby, can Derby cope with the pressure. With both of us just four matches to play can we continue our winning streak till the end of the season, the same applies to Derby if they want to stay second in the table or will they crack as they did against Northampton. Lets be honest the pressure is on them first, simple win or lose.

Bolton

I hoped for a win against Derby ,but no we lost. I think that both teams would of been happy with a draw but they managed to score the goal. That put us right behind the black ball. Then luck shined down on us has Derby lost to Northampton on Saturday which puts us back in the game, by being only one point behind them again. So, its up to ourselves again to win the last of our remaining games. there run in is a little tougher than ours plus they have suffered injuries to major players in the team, and there main striker was sent off at the end of the game. Incurring a ban. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

i was hoping for a good three points and I got it, with a performance that was out of this world . Now if they play like that till the end of the season we will run away with the title. It was a fantastic match but why has it taken so long for them to get to this stage. One can't believe that they can play like this yet lose to teams like they have done. Lets hope on Saturday when they play Derby that its a repeat performance, doesn't have to be 5 goals I will settle for a one nil win, So COYWM lets do it again.

Bolton

What can I say, I'm hoping for a good three points and what happens we have to battle for a draw in the end. We take the lead after 30mins half time comes and goes, we return to the game and with in three mins they score two, unbelievable, so commences the battle for a draw. Now the best bit is we play Oxford United on Tuesday evening at home so its got to be three points for us, do or die as they say. Because we play Derby at Derby on the following Saturday. Now this one we do have to win and get the three points. If not then the best we can hope for is a play off place. which will mean that the season is technically waisted. I say waisted because there have been times when we could have walked away with the title weeks ago. Still one can hope and pray that with a bit off luck we can do it. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

So much for three more points. Instead we got a spanking plus our centre half sent off. Talk about down in the dumps. Luckily the team above us lost as well ,so no change at the top, we still maintain third place. Just got to try and win some more games. Only our next game is against Wigan at Wigan so I am not expecting anything from this game. After all they beat us four nil earlier in the season on our own turf. But one can only hope and pray that a little bit of luck goes our way so COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Just as I thought  we didn't get three points, but we had to slog away to get one point. Very poor display of Football by Bolton. Against Charlton Athletic Not promotion football either. Now on to a catch up game, this is the one that was cancelled 10minutes after the start due to water logged pitch. i.e. Cambridge and yes i've always said that catch up games must be won or they are not an advantage, well this one we won. We have been giving teams a goal start therefore having to fight our way back. Better still last night we scored the goal for them with an own goal after 8mins. Then went on to win 2-1. Our next game is against Blackpool at Blackpool. We played them just a few weeks ago in the Papa Johns Trophy and lost on a penalty shootout. Well this is in the league and three more points would go down very well for us. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Don't really have to do a report for this match ie,  V  Cambridge as it was postponed after 10 minutes. It's been rearranged for Tuesday the 20th Feb. I would like to ask did the referee inspect the pitch prior to kick off ? Was it not to wet then ? Still who knows what he did and think. Next match Saturday away to Northampton and I'm hoping for three points.

Bolton

We picked ourselves up the Tuesday  before but slipped a little on Saturday against our old adversary Barnsley. They always seem to make it hard for us. But this time we got a point (three would of been better ) but at least we didn't loose. We really have got to do better with Derby now taking our slot in the table, yes we still have games in hand but as I have said before you have got to turn them into points. This next Tuesday we have a game away from home against Cambridge United. Now these are doing quite well in the table, so we will have to lift ourselves again if we are going to take the three points. All our next few games are against good opposition, so COYWM lets show them we can.

Bolton

We picked ourselves up and punished Carlisle 4-1, But as I expected again we lost to Blackpool in the Pappa Johns Trophy in a penalty shoot out  5-4. I'm so glad, now we can concentrate on the league for promotion. We have three games in hand on the top spot, but you have to turn those games into points to get anywhere. This weekend we have Barnsley who are a bit of a bogey team to us so fingers crossed this time we beat them, with new players from transfers if he plays any. COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Yes we lost to Leyton Orient and its what I expected. Down in the dumps we have to soldier on and we managed to get a result against Cheltenham 1-0, a very rough and ragged game by all accounts but it was three points in the bag. Next we have Carlisle Away ,who are down there at the foot of the table so I am hoping for three points again to maintain our climb back up the table. then On Tuesday we are back with the Pappa Johns Trophy away at Blackpool who will give us a tough game and I hope we lose so that we can concentrate on the league, then again just like us to win. So COYWM lets win the league first.

Johnny73

Just concentrate on winning the league . Its well within them to make the best of the games in hand and get ahead of the posse.
Doing great so far.

Bolton

They didn't surprise me this time, although we did score first. Yes we lost 1-2 so its out of the cup for another season. But we have Pappa Johns which we won last year and most important we have the league to win, so that we can play in a higher division. Information says we gave a very good account of our selves and played very well. But its on with the league this Saturday as we have Leyton Orient Away, so its going to be tough. I know we have games in hand but they only count if you win the games. So its COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Well they surprised me they came away with a draw 0-0 . So its a replay at the Tough sheet stadium.in about two weeks. Now from what I've read we could of actually won it at the end. We did get a lucky break when they appealed for a penalty and the Ref said no thanks to VAR. The Hatters where tough in everything, so its Luton Town on the motorway to Bolton.

Bolton

They made it hard work for us, Burton played the time wasting game of everything on go slow. But we tried to play it a lot faster hence they ended up scoring in there own goal. That then gave us twelve points from the last four games. Keeping us up there in second place in the table. So there's a break now due to Cup games but we don't get a break as we have Luton Town Away.
    Personally I don't care if we lose, I would prefer to concentrate on the league and promotion but as its been a while since we last reached the third round it would be nice to meet a bigger club in the next round, so COYWM lets see if we can do it.

Bolton

Just as I had hoped we won again, that's three more points in the bag which takes us up to second place behind Portsmouth. We are on the same goal difference but with a game in hand. Now Monday out of the top seven in the league we have the best tie with Burton at home while the rest all play each other, so with a bit of luck we could end up at the top of the table. The reports from the Fleetwood game was that we played them off the park. So if things stay OK and there's not to much jollying on New Years eve then the top looks possible .So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Yes we got back to winning three points, but we nearly didn't from 3-0 after 10mins we ended up hanging on to finish 3-2. Some how I think they went to sleep in the second half. Now we climb back into third place as all other results went in our favour. So now we have Fleetwood away, a good chance to claim three more points and to keep on pressing for the top slot. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

We failed again, 1-2. A game of two halves. First half we didn't turn up plus skipper sent off. Second half we played with ten men and scored our goal making it 1-2. The gaffer must of burned there ears to get them to play in the second half. Now we have another home game on Saturday against Leyton Orient, can we hope for three points here or are going to slide down the league even lower than the fifth place we have slid to. So COYWM lets wake up we can do it.

Bolton

We didn't do it, yes we lost to Portsmouth 2-0. I hope we would of at least got a draw. Watching it on TV I thought we lacked a lot and didn't come into it till the second half. But we did miss a complete sitter or rather Dion Charles did. So onwards and upwards  we have Bristol City on Satur day lets hope we can get back on track with three points at home. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

I report on two matches again, another great win of 5-1 against Harrogate. A match I said I expected to win and the next was a Pappa Johns match against Port Vale from the Championship which I thought we would struggle but we beat them 2-0. So all in all its been a very good week. Next match is against Bristol Rovers in the league were three points would be fantastic, and keep us up there in the table. Lets hope Santa is good to us and we keep on winning. so COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Amazed, 7-0 who would believe it. Never the less it took us to the top of the division. Nearly all the team scored a goal Lets hope we stay there till the end of the season. We played Oxford United last night and I must be honest I thought being away  we would struggle to get a result, as they are up there with us in the league. But never the less we came away with a draw and a well earned point. Now we have Harrogate in the F A Cup and I'm sure we will get a result and progress into the next round. So COYWM lets keep up the good work.

Bolton

The tough one was tough, Blackpool turned out to be very tough opponents in deed. But we did it by winning 1-0 which gave us another three points, on top of which Portsmouth only managed a draw, so they dropped two points which makes it so much closer at the top. All we have to do is keep on winning, our next match in the league is Exeter at home so I am looking for three points from this match. Going back to last season we won the Pappa Johns Trophy and we have qualified top of the league after beating Stockport 2-0. This now gives us a Home tie in the next round, whenever it is?. So hopefully we will go on to win this Trophy again. Right now it is international break time with lots of our players playing in there national teams. Next game is on the 25th of November. So COYWM keep on winning. 

Bolton

We did it, won in the FA Cup, a convincing 4-0 win. First time in a few years that we have got past the first round. Harrogate is the next team at home so I am looking to progress into the third round. On top of that we picked up three more points in the league, away at Shrewsbury and going off reports. It was tough in the first half but then we really beat them in the second ,finishing 2-0 even though the second goal was scored in the 98th minute. Now our next one is Blackpool at Home this I think will be hard to get three more points, but my daughter says they are playing very poorly and we should do it. So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Yes, now three wins in a row. Are we back into our promotion form and can we keep it up. Must admit I didn't think we would of managed more than a draw at Charlton. But I will take the three points anytime. This coming weekend we have FA Cup. Against a non league club Solihull Moors who ever they are. So IE will probably rest one or two of his main players ready for the next match, which is Shrewsbury Town which I will be looking for three moor points, then we have an hard one which is Blackpool at home, I can't see us getting much from that game. But as I always say COYWN lets do it.

Johnny73

Super win Bolton, keep it up and you will go up.⚽⚽

Bolton

What can I say, two wins in a row. Must admit thought we would of lost to Wycombe. I nice 4-2 win away from home. So I hope we keep this up and climb up the league. Looking what we have to play from now until Xmas its looking tough. So we have to really play at top level and get the points so we can get into the top two. The performance we had against Northampton was a game of two halves, don't know what went wrong in the second half. We were two up after 16 minutes then just hung on in the second half. So come on Bolton lets keep playing like we want to win. COYWM.

Bolton

Easy this week --NO MATCH.  Postponed due to International call ups. Just as well they should of been playing Barnsley, and we all know what happened last season when they played Barnsley, they lost in the play off's. Plus the state that Bolton is in, ie losing to Carlisle, we would of probably lost again. So with another week to get over injuries, plus a bit more coaching I am optimistic that we will win our next league match as we are playing lowly Northampton who currently sit fifth from the bottom of the league, but so did Carlisle when we played them and they won. So COYWM lets start to win again.

Bolton

I didn't get the nine points I asked for. We were beaten by a side that was fifth from the bottom of the league. Carlisle United. Score 1-3. Again beaten by a team that is lower than us. How many times have we done this. All the excuses are coming out, tiredness, injuries. We beat a team that was over us ie Stevenage. Now we have fallen from third in the table to sixth. We do have a weeks rest due to Internationals. Then back to it with a home game, which we must win if we are going for promotion. Or if I was IE I would be looking for another Job. SOCOYWM lets do it.

Bolton

I said we needed Nine points from the next three matches, so far we have gained six .So another win against Carlisle and that will be the nine I asked for. Then a break for Inter national duties, this will give us a break to get over a few injuries and suspensions. Then being in good form we can really go for the top slot. Must admit it was a great win against Stevenage, I didn't expect a win. SO as I always say COYWM>

Bolton

I'm speechless, we were told about injuries then one guy gets sent off. The only good thing that happened was the fact that we held out for the whole of the second half. Now Mr Manager what are you going to do for the next league match. A point per match is just not good enough, if you want promotion. The transfer window is closed till January so you should look a loan deal or two. Lets get some strikers in. Goals is what you win matches with. COYWM lets show them that we mean what we have said.

Bolton

What can I say , absolutely disappointed. We lead for over seventy minutes then lose 2-1. A game we should have put to bed by half time. From what I have read about the match, it was relegation performance plus bad substitutions. We were beaten by an academy team, definitely not promotional football by us. I was disgusted after the match. Ian Evatt had better get things right or the fans will be after his head. So COYWM get it together.

Bolton

Again a little late, but the result is what I wanted, a win for Bolton 3-0. I said they would come out with  all guns blazing and they did ,scoring in the first minute. That settled them down so they could play the football that wins them games. Now after the international break we play Reading - Away. So lets see if the rest and the last win keeps them on a winning trail.
So COYWM lets do it.

Bolton

Yes late again, sorry. Lost to Middlesborough 3-1, must admit not interested in this cup competition. The league we face a tough one in playing Derby County, with luck we won 2-1. This sent us up to the top but Exeter managed to score a goal against Burton and this put them above us so we are in second place by one goal. Next up is Salford in the Pappa Johns Trophy which we won last season. I'm expecting that we will go out again with all guns blazing because of the desire to win this cup again. Lets hope we do, so COYWM.

Johnny73

Bolton top of the pile. Well done.