DISH OR BOX ????????

Started by alto dogs, June 09, 2020, 18:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

That was a yes then. Thanks.

King

Quote from: byrney on June 13, 2020, 18:16:25 PM
Ah. My apologies King. I clearly misread your post which clearly said that IPTV was illegal.

Oh dear, I give up!

I was simply trying to help the original poster.

I leave it to others to judge the accuracy, and indeed value, of your personal contributions!

byrney

Ah. My apologies King. I clearly misread your post which clearly said that IPTV was illegal.

King

Quote from: byrney on June 11, 2020, 18:18:00 PM
"I simply pointed out that it appears some folk may now have problems receiving IPTV in the light of the contents of the press article to which I drew attention!"
Which says, unless I am misreading what you have posted - that IPTV is illegal.  Your quote, not mine.

Byrney,

I think you are misreading both what I said and the contents of the article!

IPTV is simply a protocol for streaming TV programmes and other media over the internet. You know full well that many services distributed through IPTV are perfectly legal. BBCiPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, etc are all using the IPTV protocol. Some are unencrypted and available free on the internet, while some require payment, but they are all quite legal distributions. However, the opposite is not true: paying for IPTV does not necessarily mean that it's legal, as in the example reported by The Olive Press!

The article refers to a specific paid-for network of IPTV services, which is alleged to be illegal. It claims 2 million subscribers across Europe, Asia and the Middle East will be affected by the closure of the network's servers. Hence my comment: "you should be aware that some folk may have problems receiving IPTV now that the police are clamping down." Nowhere in the article does it say that IPTV is illegal per se. And I made no such claim!

Tetley

we use net flix,s its Brill and works from one log in code at 2 different property's ie Murcia apt & Arboleas casa 12e a month plus a 1.4 m sky dish for news & bits wi sky box
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

I was asked to remove the post as it indictated that Juan provided IPTV channels that were subscription channels. I was not favouring any other business. But hey, that will not mean anything will it.

Cartron

King, your post had a link to clamping down on illegal IPTV  distributers  which seemed to suggest that IPTV is illegal.??
It either is or it isn't. We will stick to Juan's excellent local service .
Your link from the renowned Olive Press has also been posted on the forum by someone else very like-minded to your good self on Arbi matters. Now back to SKY news.

byrney

"I simply pointed out that it appears some folk may now have problems receiving IPTV in the light of the contents of the press article to which I drew attention!"

Which says, unless I am misreading what you have posted - that IPTV is illegal.  Your quote, not mine.

King

Quote from: byrney on June 11, 2020, 17:50:24 PM
From what you are saying King, ALL IPTV is illegal - is that correct?

The only person making such statements is you!

I simply pointed out that it appears some folk may now have problems receiving IPTV in the light of the contents of the press article to which I drew attention!

byrney

From what you are saying King, ALL IPTV is illegal - is that correct?

King

Byrney,

I don't know now whether or not Sistel Almanzora still offer IPTV!

What I do know is that Felipe has removed my post about what I thought they offered and how one used to be able to get it: perhaps Felipe knows something I don't!

So you could ask Felipe the same question about his favoured IPTV provider ezetv.

Rod

You say you have a "large dish" but how large? It must be at least 1.8mtrs. to get freesat.

alto dogs

Thank you King. I'll call into town hall.

byrney

I did read the article King.

I was merely asking why Arboleas Council still appear to be offering IPTV if it is alleged to be illegal?  Innocent question.

King

Quote from: byrney on June 10, 2020, 20:10:52 PM
"You should be aware that some folk may have problems receiving IPTV now that the police are clamping down."
Am I being a bit thick (again).  If the police are "clamping down" on IPTV, how come Arboleas Council is still providing it?
Just an honest question.

I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions when you've read the article: do click on the link - clamping down.

byrney

"You should be aware that some folk may have problems receiving IPTV now that the police are clamping down."

Am I being a bit thick (again).  If the police are "clamping down" on IPTV, how come Arboleas Council is still providing it?

Just an honest question.

King

You should be aware that some folk may have problems receiving IPTV now that the police are clamping down.

By the way, have you checked what's already available through your Sony and Android boxes by changing the source on your remote? You mentioned that the TV offers the message "no signal": that's presumably because your TV is not connected to a terrestrial aerial! A terrestrial aerial would only give you Spanish TV, but quite a useful alternative at times.

alto dogs

Thank you King. I am with Arboleas town hall internet. What does their free IPTV give you and how to get it! ?

King

Another thought, if you are really unfamiliar with using auxillary equipment providing alternative input to a TV. On your TV remote control, you should find a button with 'source' or 'AV input' or something similar. With your Android and Sky boxes and your TV  switched on, change the TV input by pressing that button.

King

You should get all the normal free-to-air TV channels on a Sky box without a Sky card, provided everything is connected properly and the dish is correctly aligned.

The android box may or may not be loaded with IPTV, but you should be able to see what's available, provided it is connected to the internet. If you don't have an internet supplier and you live in Arboleas, you could sign-up with Sistel Almanzora (at the Town Hall) and get free IPTV included.

alto dogs

I  have, of course tried them! Don't know if wired up right. TV says no signal sometimes. I think you need a paid card for sky and a contract for android?

libelula

Since the equipment is there, it shouldn't cost you any more than the electricity you use. Plug them in and try both systems. Presumably, you'll have neighbours who can help.

alto dogs

I have just moved into new rental. I have a large dish, a sky box and an android box and not a clue how to use any! Which is the best , cheapest system. Who best to call?
Thank you in advance.