White Spirit needed- Now sorted, thank you.

Started by musicdonna, December 16, 2015, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicdonna

Quote from: Jimel on December 16, 2015, 17:41:42 PM
Is it the Agua purras you want Donna?

Not sure, Jimel, but it's to finish off a hand-made guitar, so probably not a time to take the risk!

musicdonna

Quote from: ginger on December 16, 2015, 20:42:50 PM
Hi Donna, I did some research on this a while back as we used to buy from the British ferreteria at Antas, which has now closed down.  If this is for artwork and brush cleaning, the Spanish use trementina or aguarras, which is almost the same.  However, we did find online stockists of Stoddards white spirit but, sorry, I can't remember where.

Thank you so much for this!  We are getting some from a very kind lady who had some bought over from the UK. 

Donna x

ginger

Hi Donna, I did some research on this a while back as we used to buy from the British ferreteria at Antas, which has now closed down.  If this is for artwork and brush cleaning, the Spanish use trementina or aguarras, which is almost the same.  However, we did find online stockists of Stoddards white spirit but, sorry, I can't remember where.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Some time ago I wanted White Spirit, I found some things that were close (can't remember what they were, sorry) but not the real thing.

Good luck
Puff

Jimel

Is it the Agua purras you want Donna?

musicdonna

It does need to be genuine WS, not turps or a substitute.  If anyone knows of a source, or has any to spare, can you let me know, please.

Thank you,

Donna