Advice needed

Started by John n Julie, March 17, 2014, 07:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John n Julie

Thanks all for your replies! My mate just sent some over for me ( to late I hard wired with cat 6)  thanks for all the kind offers of assistance.much appreciated.
Regards
John :tiphat: :tiphat:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

sparkiemike

:wave

they'll work on any power source within the house as long as they are all on the same phase which in a domestic situation is the norm

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

kingo

Hi John, I bought a set of these  (Belkin), they work fine in our villa, but in our friends house they don't work.
If you want to borrow mine to try you are welcome. They cost €35 off Amazon.

John n Julie

Thanks for the replies peeps,  I was looking at them and one supplier says they only work on ring mains.
Regards
John

Queen Clare Shirley

We use them in our flat no problem. We got them from amazon. Very cheap and work very well
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Optomist

They only require power and a circuit so you can check by turning off the mains and using a multi meter check to confirm that you have continuity between the socket outlets you plan to use .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

John n Julie

Has anybody used the plug in ethernet adaptors here in Spain, they use your house wiring to get the signal to where you want without hard wiring. Just judging by the normal wiring here it most likely it will not work.
Regards
John :tiphat: :tiphat: