Extension Wall Ties

Started by Cuddlybill, March 24, 2013, 17:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlybill

Thanks for that Cantabrian, agree with the logic..............
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

cantabrian

I don,t think there is such a item here ! Better to get someone from the UK to bring them over ,many years ago when i asked an english estate agent ??? I was told they must not be used !! COS ,when there is an earthquake ! IF the whole house is TIED in , the WHOLE house will come DOWN !!!!!

Cuddlybill

gus, i thought you would have an idea.....but hey i will wait and get some sent out on a lorry......loads of them and sell them on..

cheers

bill...

gus-lopez

I've never seen them join two concrete adjoining structures with continuation rods either. Then one settles slightly more than the other & then it is all downhill. Especially when it is steps.

Cuddlybill

Hi,

I am looking to find out where if possible they sell Wall Ties, these usually come in 1.5 or 2 metre lenghts, used to tie in a wall added to an extension, looking at my house garage I don't believe they use them or should I say our garage builder didn't use them. I don't really want to go down the road of joining the new walls to the old by the method of 'toothing out', a long hard job I would like to miss.....................so anyone who has any ideas please let me know...I am near Taberno.

thanks

CB......