Art gallery?

Started by doreen1, February 02, 2016, 13:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verwood

We bought 2 oil paintings from a woman who was exhibiting in Antas, I believe she lives there.
They are fabulous, she had lots of local scenes and also some typical English landscapes.
We bought one of each and they are always admired by our visitors and many have bought some too.
She no longer exhibits but we went with friends to her house, which is like an art gallery loads of lovely painting hanging on her walls.

doreen1

We are and it got a thumbs up from my son in Ireland and daughter in Australia so Andy is now internationally acclaimed 👍🏻

musicdonna

Quote from: doreen1 on April 19, 2016, 14:56:05 PM
Hi,
Just an update. We picked up my painting from Andy today. I am so happy with it. It's propped up against the wall on the table and I smile every time I look at it.
I can't wait to get it framed and hanging up on the wall.
Thanks Andy and Donna.
X

Doreen, we're so happy you're pleased with it.  Thank you for entrusting Andy with such a special request as a commission.  I think he's a wonderful artist but I get accused of being biased, so it's lovely to hear that someone else likes his work!  We'll look forward to seeing the photo of it with a frame and in situ.

Donna and Andy x

doreen1

Hi,
Just an update. We picked up my painting from Andy today. I am so happy with it. It's propped up against the wall on the table and I smile every time I look at it.
I can't wait to get it framed and hanging up on the wall.
Thanks Andy and Donna.
X

Lizzie1201

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

doreen1

Quote from: verwood on February 24, 2016, 12:23:31 PM
Doreen just out of interest, what's the subject of the painting you are having done?

My husband wearing only his prosthetic leg🙀 it's called a still life😂

verwood

Doreen just out of interest, what's the subject of the painting you are having done?

doreen1

Donna, what a wonderful idea, thank you, I hadn't thought of that. :clap:
A beautiful story, and like me, I want a painting that makes me smile.

Jimel, I have already been asked by friends if I'm having an unveiling of the painting😂
As its part of my b/day present I think I really should have another celebration😁🍷🎉🍹

musicdonna

Quote from: Jimel on February 20, 2016, 10:12:22 AM
I hope we can see it when it's completed? 

That'll be up to Doreen, Jimel!

Jimel

I hope we can see it when it's completed? 

Lynne

What a lovely story - and a lovely painting.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

musicdonna

Quote from: doreen1 on February 19, 2016, 18:42:13 PM
That's very true Jimel. No matter where we are in the world with that painting I will remember the studio where it was painted and the artist.

Doreen, I'm going to take a series of photos for you at different stages of your painting so that you will have a "timeline" of its history before birth!  I loved your comment above which reminded me of a very special painting:  

I was about 23 and had just begun my first job in Brighton when I began visiting a little art shop every day when I got off the bus-stop near my home.  In there was a beautiful painting that totally captivated me, but for a struggling young teacher paying Brighton rents, way out of my price-range.  After about three weeks of gazing longingly at it every day, the elderly Canadian gallery owner asked me two questions: You love that painting, don't you? and: Would you like it?  I don't think I could even answer him!  He asked me how much I could afford every month and I mentioned some paltry sum.    Without a contract or signature in sight, this lovely, trusting man then mounted it, framed it and gave it to me to take home with the first instalment due the following month and thereafter each month until it was paid for in full.  

The painting was a watercolour of a cortijo somewhere in Spain, and as it hung on my wall in my little bedsit, I used to gaze at it and think, "One day I'll live in a house like that in Spain!"  It's been everywhere with me, from Brighton to Keswick to Alicante -and now I look at it hanging in my music room where I'm writing this post in a house, "just like that" and smile at all the memories it holds!

Donna

doreen1

That's very true Jimel. No matter where we are in the world with that painting I will remember the studio where it was painted and the artist.

Jimel

Thanks for that Doreen,I think there's something special about actually knowing the person who's painted it,rather than something off a gallery wall. Enjoy!

doreen1

I wanted to get my own frame so it is been painted on a board, we could have had it on canvas. I didn't see facilities for framing, but Andy is Musicdonna's husband so she will be able to answer this question Jimel.
I'm going to get it framed in the place beside Mora Oil in Arboleas.

Jimel

Does the Artist get it framed for you,and do you choose a frame?

doreen1

Hi Verwood,
I certainly do have change. Buying the painting from Andy didn't break the bank thank god😁👍🏻

verwood

Assume you would have some change from the 1000 euro budget your husband allowed you.

doreen1

Just an update.
Went to have a look at Andy Walkers art work, recommended by Musicdonna.
Thanks for the lovely welcome and the help in choosing the right picture. We have commissioned a picture and look forward to seeing it.

If anyone wants details on prices just PM me.

Jimel

It all comes down to what you like Doreen, I think you have to look at several,and decide if you can live with Modern Art,or be more Traditional,say a beautiful landscape,something to give you endless pleasure seeing it everyday on your wall. I always regret not buying a painting I once saw of three children,choose very carefully would be my advise.

doreen1

Ah ok Karen, when you said they might be too expensive, I thought you knew what price bracket they ranged from.
I suppose your expensive might be cheap to me.

Thanks for the info though. Will try to visit it next week. Will post details of prices here for other interested people.

Karen4

Best thing would be to go to the gallery and have a look and a chat to the people there. They don't speak English but are very patient! I love Andres's work. Great gallery, beautifully maintained and a little oasis of calm.
Cl3880

MAK3684

Hi I am also interested in purchasing some art work. Karen what budget would you suggest I would need  to buy one of Andreas paintings and are they oil, watercolour etc appreciate more detail. Many thanks Kate x

musicdonna

Quote from: Karen4 on February 11, 2016, 18:40:28 PM
Not sure Doreen, best to go along and have a look! Musicdonna's husband is a brilliant artist.

Thank you Karen!  I think so, too, but I get accused of being biased.  Moi?

Donna xx

Chumbagal

Have a look in 'Living Design' up Calle Malaga (nr Mercadona) they have one off pieces of art by local artists.

Karen4

Not sure Doreen, best to go along and have a look! Musicdonna's husband is a brilliant artist.
Cl3880

doreen1

Thanks Lynne. Never thought of there.
Thanks Naomi, will look them up.
Thanks Karen, it is part of my birthday present, so Malcolm says I can spend up to 1000 euro, will I get something for that?
Thanks Donna, have sent you a PM

musicdonna

Hi, Doreen,

My husband's an artist and our house is like a gallery!  He also does commissions at very reasonable prices.  PM if interested in just having a look.

Very best wishes,

Donna

Karen4

You might be interested in the Museo Casa IbaƱez, in Olula del Rio. Andres is a fabulous artist and some of his paintings are for sale, though they might be too expensive. Depends what sort of art you are looking for and what the budget is!
Cl3880

Naomi

Mojacar Factory Art

The have a facebok page and speak English.

Telephone Number: 617900553

They are in the Parque Comercial in Mojacar.

Lynne

We bought a beautiful oil painting from the Pink House a couple of years ago - they had plenty to chose from.

doreen1

Hi all.
I'm looking for some nice paintings(not prints).
Can anyone recommend an art gallery with a good selection.

Thanks in advance