Nice steak?

Started by Cielos, August 05, 2014, 18:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlybill

Speak to Anna, she run's Bar Cordobar, in SantoPetar...............best fillet steak.....better than El Rancho.   

CB................ :)
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Karen4

Cl3880

byrney

No Karen, let's carry on enjoying Jodee's enightening views on the World.  ;)

Karen4

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Perhaps we should give Jodee some mind-reading lessons.....or, then again, maybe not!
Cl3880

Cielos

Meant to add, thanks for all the suggestions about where to get a nice steak, and that the majority of you WERE mind readers and realised I was referring to the least common kind (beef) steak rather than all the other much more common kinds like horse/ostrich/kangaroo etc.... :lol:

Cielos

Quote from: olly on August 05, 2014, 20:35:53 PM
DON'T ! Skimp on cheap sunglasses, even for the beach, you only have one pair of eyes and you don't want them damaged.
Most of the chemists shops round here will have decent priced sunglasses which have the correct safety requirements.
Personally, for the powerful sunlight we get here I would recommend at least graduation 3 level.

Cheers Olly, and no I am only too aware of the need for protection - the lenses are the important thing just don't want to pay for expensive designer frames that will probably get damaged.

I already have a pair which are fab but they cost a fortune and no way would I wear them for anything other than driving etc.

I checked out a couple of pharmacies yesterday and could only find level 3 - I would prefer level 4 as my eyes are very sensitive

alfie

How many of us, when asked about a nice steak, immediately think of tuna or pork. Jodee, I think you are just trolling!

byrney

La Estancia in Turre has a sister restaurant in the Commercial Centre, Mojacar, which we nt to over the weekend.

I had an excellent steak and considering the location - first floor overlooking the sea - was quite reasonably priced.

Karen4

Nothing wrong with horse steaks Jodee! I agree, it's great that we all knew which kind of steak Cielos wants, do try to keep up dear, you're losing your touch!  :lol:
Cl3880

jodee

I waited to see if anyone asked you what sort of steak you wanted?

Horse maybe  :vomit:
Possibly pork steaks  :clap:
Fish?

OK, everyone seems to have an opinion of what you want, pleased they are all mind readers  :whistle:
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

AJJ

I know you asked for Mojacar but two excellent steak places are Cortijo Albari in Vera and La Estancia in Turre

temasek

Thanks, Karen
Will give it another try. We used to love going there.
W.R.L.F.C.

alfie

Have to agree about El Punto. Had probably 2 of the best steak meals ever there. Cooked to perfection, medium rare - lovely

Karen4

Quote from: temasek on August 06, 2014, 09:52:08 AM
H Karen
At one time I would have agreed with you but the last time we went there was for my Birthday and it was dreadful. Not only that but the service was slow to say the least...and we were the only ones in the Restaurant. Have you been recently ? Would be great if it was back on form again. Anyone know ?
:wave
Now that's a real shame, the last time we were there was a few weeks ago and the fillet steak as huge and perfectly cooked. Better value by far than La CabaƱa in Mojacar, which I think is vastly over-hyped and over-priced.
In Mojacar I would agree with Mol123 that Al Punto Rodizio is the best, also tremendous value for the all you can eat meat feast!
Cl3880

musicdonna

Quote from: sallyb on August 05, 2014, 19:04:00 PM
The Argentinian Steak House on the sea front.

They do really good, very rare, sunglasses.

temasek

H Karen
At one time I would have agreed with you but the last time we went there was for my Birthday and it was dreadful. Not only that but the service was slow to say the least...and we were the only ones in the Restaurant. Have you been recently ? Would be great if it was back on form again. Anyone know ?
:wave
W.R.L.F.C.

Mol123

Al Punto (opposite Tito's) Brazilian restaurant, best steak we have had in the 2 years we have been here. Check them out on trip advisor.

Nuflow

El Gaucho, Mojacar Playa

Karen4

The best place we've had steak in Spain is at El Rancho, in Santo Petar. Fantastic.
Cl3880

doreen1

Neo's Restaurant on the playa beside Cruz de Roja.
Also nearer home we had 2 lovely steaks at the new restaurant in Albox, Pache. That's beside the petrol station near the post office.

olly

DON'T ! Skimp on cheap sunglasses, even for the beach, you only have one pair of eyes and you don't want them damaged.
Most of the chemists shops round here will have decent priced sunglasses which have the correct safety requirements.
Personally, for the powerful sunlight we get here I would recommend at least graduation 3 level.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

trishtrosh

(I only know of it being closed Mondays but may be wrong)!

Cielos

Quote from: trishtrosh on August 05, 2014, 19:06:44 PM
La Cabana is very nice down Mojacar. Also the Angus and Hereford in Garrucha is where we usually go.

I thought the one in Garrucha was closed, but perhaps it's just on the days I've happened to go past it

Thanks for the suggestions :clap:

trishtrosh

La Cabana is very nice down Mojacar. Also the Angus and Hereford in Garrucha is where we usually go.

nibbler

I can thoroughly recommend the Antler in the pueblo. It's near the church. phone number in focus or advertiser.
Best to book if you want to go on Friday or Saturday. They close Sun/Mon.
Nibbler :tiphat:

sallyb

The Argentinian Steak House on the sea front.
Phyll

Cielos

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Mojacar that does a really good quality steak for lunch and/or dinner?

I'm veggie but my friend is tired of chewing on previously frozen and hormone injected meat when out for a "special" lunch

Any recs would be gratefully received.

Also sunglasses!!! (sorry Filipe, but I figure more people read this section)  anyone know if there are any cheapish sunnies (not expensive designer as they are for the beach and will no doubt get scratched or lost) but that have 100% UV protection for your eyes

I'm not 100% on the Chinese shops or the markets as the labels may say 100% protection but....