Grout for patio tiles

Started by SallyW, June 19, 2020, 07:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: Rtis on June 19, 2020, 16:28:48 PM
Why go to all that trouble when there is ready mixed grout available in many colours, Conchillos have a big range, about 4-6 euros a bag. Tough stuff when dry !

coz the marble  sparkles on a night   :))

(this is how the local builder,s showed me ie marble & cement years ago )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rtis

Why go to all that trouble when there is ready mixed grout available in many colours, Conchillos have a big range, about 4-6 euros a bag. Tough stuff when dry !

SallyW

Tetley

Quote from: SallyW on June 19, 2020, 07:27:56 AM
What do I use to re-grout outside patio tiles?  Is it just ready mix cement, or something else?

fine marble powder(Angle Ollers ) mixed with either White cement or standard cement ie
whit marble powder with white cement  gives white grout
white marble powder with standard cement  will give a gray

also another option is fine sived yellow sand rather than using marble powder.

all mixes are approx 2 parts marble 1 part cement mixed like yogurt ie so its spreads & files

job done for outside,inside and will last years.

or

if the grout is ok but just off colour,re colour with the bottles of whitener in mercadona kitchen section
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

SallyW

What do I use to re-grout outside patio tiles?  Is it just ready mix cement, or something else?