OUTBOARD ENGINE SERVICE

Started by living the dream, March 17, 2014, 14:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

living the dream

Roboman

I would be very greatfull as i havent sorted anything as of yet

Regards Dave   :tiphat:

roboman

There is a guy called andy lives in los canicas, lots of experience with boat engines, will try and get a number for u if u still need it.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

living the dream

Thanks Gus

Lorca bound next week will check the places you suggested out

Regards Dave  :tiphat:

gus-lopez

Dave, the only place I know  in Lorca is on the ' Lorca Centro' road in from motorway.
Follow road in from motorway & just before the road reaches the rambla,narrows & turns left ,there is turning on right & first big glass fronted place on left is large jet-ski, boat supplier, etc. If they can't help they'll know who can.
You can get in through Lorca via underpass at side of old Eroski's, straight on at lights , as if going to castle; right at next lights over bridge over rambla; left at next lights & through narrow section; & at end where road bears right it is the turning  on left after the old monument on left.
Failing that it would be the industrial estate in Águilas. Head towards , market area/Aldi's, past BP station & turn in left at next roundabout.There's definitely one in a large industrial unit up the back somewhere as I've seen it . There are loads of boat builders on that estate ( all moved up from old port years back) & might be easier to ask in one of them.

Tetley

Yer problem is.... its not realy a simple check,its a part strip,ie cooling impellor change,carbs strip clean,compression test,if its got a leg off on the compression ie a cylinder down on pressure.......... it all starts to get daftly expensive

the only good thing wi boats is it makes cars and bikes repairs  look cheap  ;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

living the dream

Help please!!!

First time on the forum that i have not found someone that knows the answer!!
As "Victor Meldrew" would say  "I DONT BELIVE IT"   :lol:

Surely someone Knows someone????

Thanks for looking Dave   :tiphat:

living the dream

Hi All
I am refurbishing a speedboat and need to have the engine serviced and checked out!
Can anyone recommend a suitable mechanic preferably mobile, as the engine is on the boat
and i cant move it easily at the moment.
I live near Pto Lumbreras

Thanks for looking Dave  :tiphat: