so lets hear all your views in or out on this ,or just read it.thanks Tets

Started by jabba the cat, June 26, 2016, 18:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

6. the Government of Spain has expressed its desire to strengthen relations between Spain and the United Kingdom at the bilateral level and continue to push forward the dense relationships between Spanish and British citizens in areas such as trade, employment, national communities living in the United Kingdom and Spain, investments and tourism.

I agree that all the doom and gloom about those of us living in Spain will probably not happen.

1. The pound/euro has always been up and down.
It is no worse now that it has been a few years ago. You should always have factored this into your calculations.

2. The bilateral agreements between the UK and Spain are the important issues which affect us.
These are the agreements for medical care and the right to vote at local elections.
I do not see this will be a problem, nor will there be any problem of right to live in Spain. We are what they call residential tourism which is vital to the Spanish economy.
The country would collapse without us.

BUT BUT there is no reason to sit back and assume it will happen.
When the dust has settled and both countries have a government we should use our voices to put these items on the agenda.

Trucker

Nice to hear all the good news that ours lives here in Spain will not change for at least two years...also nice to be assured by a person receiving half million pounds in wages and expenses when within a day of the results €100 was wiped off a basic pension as the pound collapsed and stories of English not being able to use their credit/debit cards to exchange money....no one is saying if the Spanish banks will now charge large sums of money to receive the foresaid pension...then of course no one is saying what will happen to our medical cover..that is only two concerns...but as we will find out there will be several more and before you all start those of you that have been here for many years working and paying into Spanish system none of this will effect you..as much,
I have heard it said it will not make any difference...o god if only..  
Just read Tetleys post..Crick says we can return...with what and where to, if you rent, yes walk away...if you own you need a snorkel as the dirty stuff will get deeper...and I have been totally astonished by a friend of mine that is living here owning his own house and has voted out and jumping up and down with glee that he is going to lose even more...gobsmacked..

Tetley

As for my main veiw ,

17m have been conned by a few  rudderless elite Eaton red necks,

Hesltine was spot on today on sky

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Jabba ive been giving my veiw and pxxsing people off with it for the last 18 months,ie scare mongering and O no it wont effect us were Brits.

read my post or pop and have a cuppa tea with mi,if yer come on a weekend when jnr,s home...... he is even more depressing than i am....once he gets the books out , Mellor told him to calm down yersterday on LBC, when Crick said ex pats could just return.........and he said,why should they when they have worked all there lifes... :banghead:

the UK  has poked the sleeping tiger..... let the games bigin ,its a bit like pearl habour without the bombs,ie looked a good plan at the time,but had massive reprocusons once the other side got the hump.

:tiphat:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jabba the cat

lets all calm down now and read the articles behind all the media headlines it does make sense at times you know.
As they say think before you press enter. :tiphat:

jabba the cat

MESSAGE FROM THE SPANISH EMBASSY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM ON THE EU REFERENDUM

24/06/2016
In relation to the recent referendum on the membership of the United Kingdom to the EU, the Embassy of Spain wishes to point out the following:
1. the outcome of the referendum does not mean any change to the legal situation of the Spanish citizens and companies of our country in the United Kingdom, for a period of up to two years which may be extended. The Embassy would like to therefore launch a message of tranquillity to all Spanish citizens who work, reside or visit the United Kingdom or which are personal or professional relations with this country.
2. the United Kingdom must now notify its intention to withdraw from the European Union to the European Council. After such notification, the Union negotiated and held in an agreement that will establish the form of its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union with the United Kingdom.
3. as noted at the beginning, this agreement will be negotiated during a period of up to two years extendable. During that time, the legal and institutional framework between the EU and the United Kingdom will remain unchanged, so there will be no change in relation to the current situation.
4. the EU treaties only will no longer apply to United Kingdom from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, the two years of the notification referred to in point 2, unless agreed to extend the deadline.
5. taking into account the importance of the interests in the presence, the Government of Spain will work within the European institutions to achieve an agreement that is beneficial both for Spain and for the United Kingdom and the EU.
6. the Government of Spain has expressed its desire to strengthen relations between Spain and the United Kingdom at the bilateral level and continue to push forward the dense relationships between Spanish and British citizens in areas such as trade, employment, national communities living in the United Kingdom and Spain, investments and tourism
« Last Edit: Today at 09:11:23 by Tetley »   Report to moderator     Logged
Arboleas Community Forum