Skoda Octavia Estate - any experience of this car? Many thanks 4 all replies.

Started by frankie4748, April 18, 2013, 18:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britishautoparts

The 1.9 common rail turbo diesel is a fantastic car, however the rear leg room in the estate version is poor, we had one.

teecee8

We have owned two Skoda Octavias and they were/are brilliant cars. My present one has completed over a hundred thousand miles and still uses no oil inbetween (20K) services. We get about 50 miles to the gallon as a minimum, less so when pulling a caravan. Prior to owning Skoda's we used (brand new) VW's/BMW/Ford and the Skoda is the best car we have ever owned......

DONK

Quote from: olly on April 18, 2013, 20:41:25 PM
Would you ask the same question about a V.W. Passat estate? Probably not. But that's what it is, in all but badge. I'd certainly have one if I wanted an estate.
Probably Olly if you research the car you want to buy you'll find out there all the same except the shape!!! ..V W, Skoda same as Audi, the Octavia has the 1.8 turbo engine 180- 200 to 225 bhp same as Seat, Audi TT etc etc, the engine is bullet proof 5 valve they been using it for years in a variety of car.

dude

I had a Skoda felicia for 4 years and then an Octavia, both from new, and was very happy with both. If you can put up with all the jokes then go for it.

Grumpy Gringo

Drove one as a private hire vehicle doing airport runs in UK. Very economical and totally reliable with nearly 200,000 miles on the clock when I handed it back. My next car was a Ford Galaxy and that, if anything, was a better car and certainly had a lot more room. But if a Skoda is what you want go for it, Excellent car.

musicdonna

Quote from: keyser soze on April 19, 2013, 10:00:14 AM
I am sure all of the above is perfectly valid

however

it is still more socially acceptable to be seen leaving the rear of a sheep than the rear of a skoda

:lol:

I believe that the original poster was enquiring about its suitability as an economical car for travelling between Spain and the UK, and as suitable transport for two German Shepherd dogs.  Status symbol didn't seem to come into it !! -Should it?!

Donna

Paul and Jo

I bought a Skoda Fabia last year and its great. Got it from the Skoda/Seat dealer here in Albox (just along from longos).
They are all really helpful and when I had a problem with the diesel pump (due to using the bad diesel from the Damotral garage near Cantoria) they put a brand new diesel pump in under the warranty although it wasn't their fault. Excellent service.

verwood

keyser soze

I am sure all of the above is perfectly valid

however

it is still more socially acceptable to be seen leaving the rear of a sheep than the rear of a skoda

:lol:

musicdonna

I may be mistaken but I think that they have an Audi A4 engine.  Brilliant.

Donna

philw

I have owned 1.9 tdi for over 10 years and with out doubt its the best and most reliable car i have owned it returns between 48 to 55 miles per gallon at 125 kph on motorways but does depend on weight in car aircon etc.
Buy one you wont regret it.

Trucker

If they took badge off and replaced it with a top mark cars badge they would sell ten times as many as they do now, it is only the name Skoda that seems to put people off, but it in all honesty it is one of the best cars on the road, the 1.9 diesel is a cracking engine and very economical too..
Get past the name and you have one of the best.. cannot be faulted and as Olly said it is the same as the Passat but better equipped..much better equipped..just make sure you get the model that has all you require in the extras department..you wont regret buying one.....

Blue Moon

olly

Would you ask the same question about a V.W. Passat estate? Probably not. But that's what it is, in all but badge. I'd certainly have one if I wanted an estate.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

fidgetmidget

My husband used one for 3 years whilst working/living in the Czech Republic and was a little dubious when told he was being given a Skoda as his company vehicle.  It did however change his perception of Skodas and he said it was probably the best, most reliable and comfortable car he has ever driven.  The end result was that when he ordered the new fleet of vehicles for the rest of the staff,12 months into the job, he ordered all Skodas and was not let down by any of them.
Fidget
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

DONK

gus-lopez

Skoda dealer in Lorca

Address: Camino de Vera, 30800 Lorca, Murcia, Spain
Phone:+34 968 44 37 02

hartcjhart

I have no experience of them but I know my local force use them and say they are great,have you looked on the 'honestjohn' website plenty of owner reviews on there

frankie4748

Does anybody out there own (or has owned in the last few years) a Skoda Octavia estate car? We are seriously thinking of buying one when we are back in the UK, mainly for the economy of travelling back and forth to Spain, but need the room for two German Shepherd dogs. However, we have not had actual sight of one of these cars, only pictures on the net. and have read good reviews online. There are many for sale in UK but would love to have a genuine honest opinion from an owner here, before we set off back to Blighty. Alternatively, are there any Skoda dealers where we can view one?
Regards,  FrankieD   Tel: 634 352 723

Many thanks for all the positive responses to my request for info. We are definitely going to buy one when we return to UK on Monday. My partner has already arranged to view one on our way back to Lancashire!!! Once again, thank you all