Rude Customer!

Started by Total Mark, April 13, 2010, 19:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogy

your going to get lots of different answers on this which will depend if the person smokes or not! its up to you and what better suits your staff  :whistle:

edsa

Maybe you can start selling the electronic cigs, sell your customer a packet or just one to have in the shop. Everybody happy  :lol:

Total Mark

Hi,

Thanks for all the positive comments.... it has really made me belive that we made the right decision.
(For Dave C).... the shop is near mercadona Albox, we are directly opposite the football stadium.
go to www.totalalbox.com for our full details.

regards

Mark

David C

Where is your shop as it will be handy on our next stay?
David C

nomajor

I aways use the Choice in Huercal overa,
they have been non somking from they opened nice plce to sit. the owners there have changed, very nice couple does anyone know where they have moved too?
but good for you mark go for it. its your shop!!!!

Saffi

You can choose to make it non smoking now so long as you have signs up........and you have a good reason as most businesses do not allow smoking near computers......

charmist

As a ex smoker Please stick to what you have done, I would never tell anyone to give up its up to them but the is nothing worse than a smokey room and the smell of your cloths etc. I do not use any pub etc that allow smoking and if the person can't wait half an hour or so for a ciggy then they have a serious problem. :tiphat:

racer

Stick with it Mark, nothing worse than stinking of cigarette smoke, We have friends who smoke but have the respect not to smoke in the company of people who dont so it wont harm customers to go without one for half an hour, thats if they have got any self respect.
Now I must say we came into Total a couple of times but said we would not go back because of the cigarettes, so well done Mark . :clap:

Total Mark

Thanks for the ideas, I haven't displayed the No Smoking signs in Spanish, maybe that should be my first step.
Thanks also for the positive comments regarding going non smoking..... we were very unsure of the decision in the current climate.
We have lost a couple of regular customers, but I am hoping that we will get some new customers in who prefer non smoking enviroments.

Regards

Mark

tandas

:clap:for the loss of one customer you will definately see us in there using your computers as we have always gone to HV as we hate the ciggy smoke and they are smoke free there :)

olly

Diplomacy is the word to use here Mark.
Invest in some nicotine patches.
Then if she still refuses to put out her ciggy,
Offer her a patch, and then tell her where to stick it!
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

LittleRichard

You have full right to make your business no smoking. You have to display the signs saying no smoking in Spanish.
Just have to ask her nicely to stop smoking, if she refuses. You have to ask yourself if shes worth having as a customer. Sometimes its a lose lose situ.

LR
VIVA ESPAÑA

AndyH

I would have a friendly word with here pointing out that the smoke causes damage/smells to your equipment and stock and that in any event it is going to be banned legally very shortly. Meantime, it is your premises and most of your customers prefer a non-smelly environment...

Andy

Total Mark

Hola,

Not posted for a while..... Strange one this, but a Spanish customer refused to put a cigarette out while she was using a computer in my internet cafe. She informed me that the ban was not due to take effect until July and that I had no right to ask her to put it out. We have recently changed our internet cafe in Albox to be no smoking (due to moving books and card stock out to the front of the shop). I thought as owner of the business I could choose when and if to be non smoking?

Any thoughts or Ideas on what to do would be appreciated as she is a regular customer!

Mark (Total Entertainment)

P.S. We now have some space out the back where the books and cards previously were, if there is anyone that would like some high street office/retail space (very low rent suitable for charities etc) that would benefit from our large daytime passing trade of newspapers them pm me for details. or call me 625611498