May vote out

Started by PAULT, June 09, 2016, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

Just like Cameron innit :grin: do the oky koky and ya turn around rofl

ladyboyg1

Quote from: lmj52 on June 23, 2016, 19:01:14 PM
Queues in ours. Disappointed only two options. In out, whatever happened to shake it all about?
:lol:

Lol :thumbsup:

lmj52

Queues in ours. Disappointed only two options. In out, whatever happened to shake it all about?
:lol:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

ladyboyg1

Most surprised, just been to vote and not a soul in there. Hope that's not a bad omen.

Tetley

Mi Mam,s been to vote  said it was packed down the polling station .... :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

Much the same where we are Webe.
One thing us for sure, the country is split over the whole EU question, and is fed up with politicians in general. There is much dis-satisfaction in other EU member states. Whichever way the vote goes, the EU needs a total overhaul and the voice of the people should be listened to. Millions of people across the EU are not happy with the current set up. But then, politicians and bureaucrats are better at speaking than listening.

webejamin

Just been out and did my duty for God and England :tiphat:

Just an observation, whenever we go to vote, there's nobody in there, today they were lining up (can't spell queuing) I asked if there were many voting and they said "there have been more people voting so far today, than in a whole day's voting in any other election" so it looks like a good turnout whatever way they vote. :tiphat: 

Tetley

If its an IN i fink il by a Brit plate motor,keep the troops focused after the political lull....in hostillitys   :lol:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Agreed Tetley, and it's all because Cameron is a complete shambles at politics. I think Blair would have been better at keeping the UK together.
Looking at the politicians we have to choose from to lead us, I can't at the moment, see one that's any good at all. I think we're in the crap now whichever way it goes with this lot running things, but then that's how it was set up innit. :tiphat:

Mornin all :rain: dreadful storms here in the night, just seen a spot on me face :shocked:  

Three Blind Mice

With respect, anyone who thinks that voting makes the slightest bit of difference, be it in a general election or whatever are seriously deluding themselfs, the government always get in.
The result of this referendum has already been decided, just ask the bookies.
Have a nice day peoples  :whistle:

Tetley

52/ 53 % IN  people talk with there hearts but vote with there Finances / head     :tiphat:

IN or OUT its going to run for years as the Country is split and its gone from very little intrest 6 months ago to the Country been on Political Fire,.

:tiphat:

lmj52

Roboman. Your comments are examples of enterprise.
Let's talk about risk. You are standing at the edge of a busy dual carriageway. You've told people you are going to run across. They all warn you not to do it. Despite the warnings you run across. Now you may be lucky and survive. Now try it with a blindfold!
This is what I mean by unnecessary risk!
Whatever happens today, I just hope people will be able to live with the result.  :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Rod

I would have loved to vote Remain but because I have been out of the UK for more than 15 years I cannot vote, now that can't be right.

webejamin

Well that's it now, anyone not made their mind up shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway, coz they can't be very bright.
I must say though, before we start voting, that if I get my way and it's a "LEAVE" vote I will not gloat or celebrate. neither would I expect the "REMAIN" voters to do the same. I will respect the result and get on with it.
All I ask is if you see my teddy lying somewhere, please hand him back to me as he has been a great comfort to me through these stressful times.
Thanks
webejamin :tiphat:

PS Spot on roboman  :clap: :clap: :clap:

roboman

Many of the people voting to stay in the EU are giving the reason, afraid to take the risk , if men and women had never taken a risk where do you think we would be right now, do people think we were given everything we have achieved by staying in caves or maybe god gave them to us. Leaving the EU could be like the Wright brothers, the space program, staying in the cave may keep you warm but going outside did lead to greater things.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on June 22, 2016, 20:59:11 PM
Tetley, it sounds as though your son is a hard working uni student with his head screwed on , who has a good brain. He will do well, in or out. He has had the benefit of a good education and with his bi-lingual skills , he is one step ahead. I wish him all the best.  :wave:

:thumbsup:

zilnor

Tetley, it sounds as though your son is a hard working uni student with his head screwed on , who has a good brain. He will do well, in or out. He has had the benefit of a good education and with his bi-lingual skills , he is one step ahead. I wish him all the best.  :wave:

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on June 22, 2016, 20:00:42 PM
Tetley,
For some years I have enjoyed your quirky posts and have agreed with you on many  issues. You have always given helpful and useful information to the ex-pats, for which I respect you. Well done for that.  :clap:
But you have been a single handed wind up merchant concerning a possible Brexit vote. You have probably done more than most politicians to scare folks to vote in as far as the ex-pats go on this forum. Yet you admit you won't vote. I will respect the final decision. I am a leaver, but for someone like you who has strong views, I am surprised you have not registered to vote.
I am a great believer in democracy . As a woman,  I have huge respect for the British suffragettes who in some cases endangered  their lives to gain the vote for women more than a 100 years ago. To me, a vote is SO important. Millions of people around the world do not have the benefit or security of living in a democracy. Whichever way you decide, thank goodness we have that choice and can vote the way we wish, without fear of repercussions.

My decision to vote to leave is mainly because the whole EU money-grabbing monster is undemocratic.
I still love ya Tets.  :luv: :luv:.

if id been Forced to vote i would have voted IN ,as an IN voter i would have had to accept German EU  rule,as it is i have a choice,so i have chosen not to vote and not put my mark next to German rule or indeed vote OUT

if my country decides to vote Out i will get on with It,my only concearn is my kid, and his education,however as he said to me,they can take my education away,but thay carnt take my knoladge and we will get on with what we are given,however il be very suprised IF people vote for higher money costs in the booth on Thursday.

:)

lmj52

Well I have to assume the outers have not read the link I posted on Monday from professor Michael Dougan of the university of Liverpool
It shows the facts.
please  be ready to accept the outcome of your vote.
I have done what i can.
Hopefully we are all able to speak nicely on Friday
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

zilnor

Tetley,
For some years I have enjoyed your quirky posts and have agreed with you on many  issues. You have always given helpful and useful information to the ex-pats, for which I respect you. Well done for that.  :clap:
But you have been a single handed wind up merchant concerning a possible Brexit vote. You have probably done more than most politicians to scare folks to vote in as far as the ex-pats go on this forum. Yet you admit you won't vote. I will respect the final decision. I am a leaver, but for someone like you who has strong views, I am surprised you have not registered to vote.
I am a great believer in democracy . As a woman,  I have huge respect for the British suffragettes who in some cases endangered  their lives to gain the vote for women more than a 100 years ago. To me, a vote is SO important. Millions of people around the world do not have the benefit or security of living in a democracy. Whichever way you decide, thank goodness we have that choice and can vote the way we wish, without fear of repercussions.

My decision to vote to leave is mainly because the whole EU money-grabbing monster is undemocratic.
I still love ya Tets.  :luv: :luv:.

jabba the cat

well finally my last comment on the referendum.

It is not about the exchange rate or the FTSE or House prices or roaming charges or even immigration . It is about Democracy and Sovereignty.              Our right to decide our Government and our Laws and being able to vote for or against whoever wants power and that has been my only thought on this discussion on here. :tiphat:

webejamin

Well, after tomorrow, we can all get back to being nice and friendly towards one and other, you know, like we used to be, and we can stop bringing the referendum into every topic. Unfortunately, Cameron decided off his own back, to split the nation almost down the middle, me engine oil reckons 60/40 against Cameron :shocked: Oh sorry I forgot :grin:
However we are all friends still and that's all that matters innit :grin: I wish all the "REMAIN" people a nice day tomorrow and I hope all those nasty, scary things you all said would happen, don't. :tiphat:

Tetley

Quote from: felipe on June 22, 2016, 18:08:57 PM
But getting a permit brings in restrictions and limits the number of people that can work in a given country. Therefore preventing those that want to work in Europe from doing so freely.
How on earth are we giving away our freedom to run our lands. Talk about OTT comments. We have been part of the EU for 40 years and have not lost sovereignty so why should it happen now?

Phil
dont wast yer time,it reminds me of a union meeting were all going to get a 10% pay rise and end up with X all.

IF  they Brexit the full job will be on its arse and we will need more than a permit.

a permit for spain is around 24k a year job contract and private medical wich will be as mutch use as an ash tray on a Norton to a 70 ,s somthing pensioner here.

felipe

But getting a permit brings in restrictions and limits the number of people that can work in a given country. Therefore preventing those that want to work in Europe from doing so freely.
How on earth are we giving away our freedom to run our lands. Talk about OTT comments. We have been part of the EU for 40 years and have not lost sovereignty so why should it happen now?

Tetley

Quote from: Nosun on June 22, 2016, 17:38:04 PM
So you get a permit!
Is a piece of paper to say you can work or live in their land worth giving away our freedom to run our own lands forever  ???

with a German decent royal family heading the new free UK up.............can somebody pop round and chuck an old pallet at me.....

TVM   :crazy:

felipe

It is not a case of being able to live or work anywhere. It is a case of not having the need for special work permits etc. Plus hundreds of thousands of Brits now work in Europe whereas without freedom of movement there would very few in comparison working there.

webejamin

The fact that we have loadsa Spanish nurses in our NHS also has nothing to do with being in the EU, they're very good nurses too while I'm at it. :tiphat:

PAULT

This statement is a fact in so far as Norway did not join the EU but at what cost.
Recent comments from Norway are that the UK should NOT leave.
90% of Norwegian laws are to some degree affected by the EU.
Norway is part of Schengen
Norway has a lot of trade agreements with the EU because it trades mainly with them, so has to meet EU standards etc.
The good example is fish, without the agreement to meet EU standards on stock control hygiene they could not sell fish to the EU.
As was said recently by the Norwegian min of agr it is no use having fish stood at the border it goes off quite fast.
Norway has over 1000 people stationed in Brussels to watch what laws are passed by the EU that may affect Norway but have no imput into those laws etc.

felipe

Just because it was 2005 does not mean a thing. I still have lots of contact with former colleagues still at the university and not one of them want out. What is it with the out lot that they cannot get their heads around the fact that immigration will not change. Sure, there may not be the freedom of movement between the EU countries but that will not stop UK companies and the NHS from employing them.
I have just come back from the UK on!y last week. From Wolverhampton. Lots of mixed race people but most spoke with local Brummie accent, or locals call it yamyam. Showing they are born and bred in England. Cost of living is high but that is not down to the EU. But rather the constant demand for higher wages. A thorn in the UK governments side for decades.
As to your last comment that could equally apply to you.
I have as yet not seen one outer come back with any facts to support their argument.

zilnor

I also said I wouldn't make further posts. Norway said NO twice in 1972 and the mid-nineties. Yet all the gloom and doom and disaster forecast by the rest of Europe if they did not join, did NOT happen. Fact.
Well done Norway !

jabba the cat

Quote from: felipe on June 22, 2016, 11:45:18 AM
I take little or no noitice of the media, never have, simply do not trust a word they print or spout on TV.

My views are based on working and studying at university up until 2005. Every year I had a pay rise. My research was part funded by the EU. I was able to buy live and work here in Spain. All because the UK is part of the EU. So as far as I am concerned it makes economic sense to remain in. Immigration is a pointless part of the debate. EU migration flows both ways, illegals will still get in regardless of EU membership or not.

So please, do not assume that I take notice of the media. For one, I do not buy or read British papers. Not picked one up for over three years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i said i would not be back on till Friday but Phil your comment ( my views are based on working and studying at university up until 2005).....Phil its 2016
and how can you base 2005 on what's going on now and (immigration is a pointless part of the debate) just about sums up your view on this debate
Get back to the UK and see whats happened to the place since you left.
There is none so blind that of those that wont see, :yawn:

felipe

I take little or no noitice of the media, never have, simply do not trust a word they print or spout on TV.

My views are based on working and studying at university up until 2005. Every year I had a pay rise. My research was part funded by the EU. I was able to buy live and work here in Spain. All because the UK is part of the EU. So as far as I am concerned it makes economic sense to remain in. Immigration is a pointless part of the debate. EU migration flows both ways, illegals will still get in regardless of EU membership or not.

So please, do not assume that I take notice of the media. For one, I do not buy or read British papers. Not picked one up for over three years.

webejamin

I'm gonna miss all this when it's over :cry: mind you, we got a few years at it yet :grin:

Tetley

Ive just dug mi bike out that Norman Tebbit told me to get on,in 1982  :shocked:

im going to clean it up and have a ride out Thursday down the coast ,just incase i need it Again on Friday........ :)

:thumbsup: