Started by Cartron, March 06, 2020, 18:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizzywig

Does that include banks?

alanjune

Bars in Almanzora now shut . :(

PRINGLE

Quote from: KJH3 on March 14, 2020, 12:36:54 PM
And yet as of half an hour ago everywhere in Albox open, all shops. Is the comment on closures official or ???? if official, its being ignored.

Pedro Sanchez said so himself live on TV last night. All schools, gyms, public areas are closed, if local business want to flout the law, that's up to them but everyone can decide for themselves.

JessicaH

Considering every bar/ restaurant have at least 1 tv will always be areas where folk try not to know but apparently if caught the penalties will be vicious.

KJH3

And yet as of half an hour ago everywhere in Albox open, all shops. Is the comment on closures official or ???? if official, its being ignored.

PRINGLE

Quote from: everset on March 13, 2020, 17:56:39 PM
I have just come from a local bar and heard that as of sunday all bars and restaurants are to close for 2weeks, is this true or someone scare mongering.
As of today Saturday, only food shops, petrol stations, pharmacy's, and tobacconists. You may find off the beaten track bars open to friends but i wouldn't risk it.

steveconway24

everset

I have just come from a local bar and heard that as of sunday all bars and restaurants are to close for 2weeks, is this true or someone scare mongering.

Tetley

Quote from: fidgetmidget on March 13, 2020, 15:16:40 PM
Does anyone know the outcome of Pedro Sanchez address today about  an hour or so ago please, also iscthere any link.?
Thanks
Midget

apparently this is a level 3 state of emergency ie the lowest the highest been level 1 Marshall law the thing is for the government if they dont act it looks like incompetence,so there just trying to protect us all which makes  good pragmatic sense.

there is no need for our older folks to worry ,im sure us younger folks will help out if somebody is on there own and needs something urgent ie medicines collecting or a bag of shopping .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

According to the latest news.
1063 new cases and 53 deaths overnight.

Stay safe you people.

shadeseeker

Prime minister Pedro Sanches to declare a state of emergency as of 12 midnight tonight.
And so it begins.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

MAZ4929

Quote from: fidgetmidget on March 13, 2020, 15:16:40 PM
Does anyone know the outcome of Pedro Sanchez address today about  an hour or so ago please, also iscthere any link.?
Thanks
Midget

Haven't seen Prime Minister Sanchez actual address, but this is what has been reported on The Telegraphs live update regarding the Coronavirus :

2.47pm
Spain to declare state of emergency :

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez has announced that his government will declare a two-week state of emergency at an extraordinary cabinet meeting tomorrow.

The move will give the government special powers to requisition property and equipment and limit the right to freedom of movement anywhere in Spain.

Mr Sánchez said the number of positive could reach 10,000 by next week, warning that Spain was “only in the first phase of the battle”. Victory over the virus, he said, would depend on absolute social discipline.

“Washing your hands and staying at home is also a form of heroism”, Mr Sánchez said.
Latest figures:

4,200 cases (2,968 on Thursday)
120 deaths (84 on Thursday)
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

fidgetmidget

Thanks
Midget
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

zilnor

Population of China is 1.4 billion. Deaths so far from corvid19 : 4000.  Maybe higher.
Let'us keep it in perspective.

Roger

The UK official has now publicly stated that most of the public need to become infected to create long term public immunity.
He would not comment on how many people would die as a result.
Current estimates are minimum 1% but some areas are quoting 3%

The Spanish government is advising people to stay at home.

It seems that the football authority is taking the action which in my opinion the UK government should have taken.

webejamin

Quote from: Tetley on March 13, 2020, 10:35:24 AM
thing is we may get it in Arboleas ect,but to me a major plus is were breathing cleaner air than we would be say in London ie with i think 5 ,000 deaths a year linked to air pollution and cleaner air must be a plus for the repository system especially in older folks  .

on wards & upwards  mi luvlies  :afro:

For anybody with any money Left FT is up which is a bit of a blessin this end  :))

Fink yer right about the air in London Tets.

UK football is off, as is some travel to Spain from the UK.

Cartron

Mike has now published Town Hall restrictions in the area.
All sensible stuff and very welcome.

Tetley

thing is we may get it in Arboleas ect,but to me a major plus is were breathing cleaner air than we would be say in London ie with i think 5 ,000 deaths a year linked to air pollution and cleaner air must be a plus for the repository system especially in older folks  .

on wards & upwards  mi luvlies  :afro:

For anybody with any money Left FT is up which is a bit of a blessin this end  :))

webejamin

Excellent, well balanced post KJH3.
If you can keep your head, when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.....

Cartron

Roger, that is a really sensible outline of the situation. If the UK want to do it their way and risk a half million deaths then thats up to them.
All the rest of us are saying  is  be careflul  , avoid large gatherings , wash hands regularly, steer clear of people coughing ,sneezing  if possible and generally mind yourselves.
No matter what some say this virus has no cure yet and has killed especially people with low immune systems or other problems. And there are many of those around.   
Slagging others off isnt helping.
However everyone to their own and time will tell.😷

Lynden

But so far Roger the U.K. is doing somewhat better than equivalent countries like France and Spain. There will always be differing opinions and some Governments believe grand gestures go down well with the public, however effective they may be. Most of us will be exposed to this it is inevitable. It’s highly likely that China will have another outbreak in another region, because those people have no immunity.
Really no one knows how this thing will go. Be sensible and protect yourselves.

Roger

People do not seem to have recognised that there is a very different scientific strategy being followed in the UK from that in every other country in the world.

I am not saying which is right and wrong, but remember that the effect is massive, and not every scientist in the UK agrees with the current advice.

The UK opinion is that this virus is with us for ever and it is therefore best if most people get a dose of it and, hopefully build up some immunity (although whether this will happen is uncertain).
The UK advice is that by stopping the spread, as they did in China and in Taiwan, it will come back again.

So the UK strategy is to allow around 80% of the population to get the virus, which is around 50 million people, but hopefully in a controlled way so as not to overload the NHS.
Most will recover and hopefully have acquired some immunity for next time.

This approach has been justified by the senior medical adviser, stating that the mortality rate is low at just 1%.
Of course this will mean that around half a million people in the UK will die.

Hence that way the latest press conference was portrayed, be prepared for a lot of deaths.

Other countries are trying to block the spread and hoping for a vaccine to protect people.

I just read an Italian doctor on the front line stating that in his opinion the UK approach is madness.
“That is how we approached the issue at first, and look at where we are”.

zilnor

Excellent post KJH.

I am off to the library before they close it down. Fortunately my branch allows you to borrow as many as you like in one
go  :grin:
Followed by a trip to the supermarket.I actually need toilet rolls. Hopefully there will be some left on the shelves otherwise I'll have cut up old newspapers  :grin: :laugh:

Lynden

KJH3

Like you Zilnor I am not a fan but I am not stupid enough to believe that he is making all this up as he goes along. He has people advising him and the government on all issues. Every country in the world will deal with it as they see fit, who knows who us right or wrong? What I do know is that running round like headless chickens frightens me more. Amazes me that commonsense goes out the window and in true  forum style some look for someone to "pin the blame on" and want "instant anwers" provided those answers are in line with their thinking. I don't have a clue if Boris and his advisors are right or wrong but as I said previously I am inclined to look to them for advice and not the keyboard critics who tell us they have the answers to all the world's problems. Keep chins up, be careful and hope for the best outcome.

lmj52

The problem is bigger than any government is admitting. I don’t understand how they have allowed the Cheltenham races, and Wales v Scotland rugby game to go ahead.
Stay safe.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

zilnor

Well said KJH

For some on  here, any excuse to criticise Boris makes them happy . No, I am not one of his fans.
It is up to each and every one of us to do what we can to minimise the chances of being infected. It is all common sense. If you are that worried, self isolate. That is what my old boy is doing, due to his age and asthma.

zilnor

Lynden
Well said.
The UK measured approach seems OK so far. We have less cases and less  deaths so far than Italy , Spain or France. Perhaps being an island may be helping ?
It can change of course and everywhere should expect more cases and sadly more deaths.
Stay safe people.

Cartron

Its just a forum Lynden for passing on information wthout any agenda othewise  whats its purpose.??
The Boris backers have tunnel vision and dont want anything remotely negative about his chaotic handling of this so far.
Boris insists schools and mass gatherings can go ahead when " experts "  including his own have advised differently.
Schools all over Europe are closed or closing but not UK.
None of us are " armchair experts " but we do have an opinion if thats ok with you .

Lynden

The armchair experts ride in with their vast knowledge. Perhaps everyone should listen and take responsibility for themselves and their families. It’s inevitable that this virus will spread, so let the experts deal with it as the know best, and the rest of us keep safe.

Cartron

The Arsenal manager has it so the first team will be isolated for two weeks even if Doctor Boris says 7 days is enough. Real Madrid also have it so same there  and possibly Leicester so Champions league and Premier league and Euro 20  are in danger of being postponed or cancelled. As they should.!!!
The Governments " measured approach " is not working too well.
Flights in and out of  UK  may soon be stopped but of course Doctor Boris may see it differently.