Is Cummings behind it all

Started by felipe, May 22, 2020, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

Quote from: Lynden on July 29, 2020, 21:22:08 PM
Like IMJ said Webe, I will explain it to you.....but by a PM as I wouldn’t want to upset our three amigos.  :laugh:
As for Michael Mansfield QC he will chase any old ambulance for a very fat fee. It’s like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Complete waste of time and money.......but that’s most lawyers for you.

Pm? Lol don’t forget to remind him to use a pencil lol. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Old Pedro

Paid in squillions is Mike. He is giving "BackTo60" a punt as well. Politicians groan inwardly when they see them coming, but these women never give up. As for Nazir Afzal we will wait to see how "relentless" he says he is in his pursuit of Dominic Cummings.

Lynden

Like IMJ said Webe, I will explain it to you.....but by a PM as I wouldn’t want to upset our three amigos.  :laugh:
As for Michael Mansfield QC he will chase any old ambulance for a very fat fee. It’s like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Complete waste of time and money.......but that’s most lawyers for you.

Old Pedro

Dominic Cummings will have to wait and see what happens after Martin Redston headed by his legal team Mike Mansfield QC filed papers at the High Court in mid. June for a judicial review of the CPS decision not to investigate Dominic Cummings. It was stated in June one particular concern is the so-called "Cummings effect" or "Cummings defence" which has meant that people who previously were complying with the Regulations have sought not to adhere to them fully. ( thought it was a normal August bank holiday on Bournemouth beach !) Grounds include complaint of lack of appearance of independence to DPP's decision making. Part of Mr Redston's complaint is that Attorney General Suella Braverman joined cabinet colleagues in defending Mr Cummings, despite holding a role which involves overseeing the work of the CPS. The CPS defence will be that criminal investigations are Police matters. Let´s see if the High Court sweeps this one under the carpet....Carlsberg....probably!

webejamin

Quote from: lmj52 on July 29, 2020, 19:42:38 PM
Quote from: webejamin on July 29, 2020, 19:20:42 PM
lmj could be right Lynden, quoting things that have been "doing the rounds" is his best way of expressing his opinions.
I've even heard (through the grapevine) that barbers will be cutting hair no longer, according to a leaked gov.uk source, so you never know :huh:

So you’re just quoting something you heard too, lol.
Thick as.......
Have you ever had an original thought?

I was replying to Lynden by the way, don’t know why you continue to act as a double act.

:grin: :)) Bless

lmj52

We all see you now Cummings ... and can read you like a book.

2,031 new cases in Spain, compared to 763 in the UK, that could be a fair reflection & perhaps a reasonable assumption, given that Spain has opened up to visitors from all over Europe, desperate for a holiday ... but it may also to some degree reflect the respective amount of testing being done in Spain and the UK.

Spain's latest daily death toll was 5 compared to 83 in the UK, so I guess we will have to wait 2 to 3 weeks to get a more reliable "measuring stick" for the current infection rates.

Stay safe everyone.

Lynden will explain it to you web
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Quote from: webejamin on July 29, 2020, 19:20:42 PM
lmj could be right Lynden, quoting things that have been "doing the rounds" is his best way of expressing his opinions.
I've even heard (through the grapevine) that barbers will be cutting hair no longer, according to a leaked gov.uk source, so you never know :huh:

So you’re just quoting something you heard too, lol.
Thick as.......
Have you ever had an original thought?

I was replying to Lynden by the way, don’t know why you continue to act as a double act.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

webejamin

lmj52

Quote from: Lynden on July 29, 2020, 17:29:12 PM
I think like every Country they know where they want to be in the short, medium and long term IMJ. However no Country can predict what the future looks like for them given the nature of the pandemic. I think you are giving far too much credence to this theory about Cummings. Who knows, maybe Boris’s partner is behind it all, or perhaps he has a medium visit Downing St.

Wasn’t my thoughts, just quoting something that’s doing the rounds. Gove and Cummings will be running the country soon maybe? They have history.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

I think like every Country they know where they want to be in the short, medium and long term IMJ. However no Country can predict what the future looks like for them given the nature of the pandemic. I think you are giving far too much credence to this theory about Cummings. Who knows, maybe Boris’s partner is behind it all, or perhaps he has a medium visit Downing St.

lmj52

I’ll try to find the link to the original article, but the writer posted an update.
This was when Cummings started having a big influence on various government ministers.

An article written 9 months after the referendum. 4 years on, many, if not all, questions still do not have answer. Britain is in a unique position in world history, by having no idea what will happen to it's short term or long future. Not a single person, in politics, in journalism nor in the pub has a clue.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

Quote from: Cartron on July 28, 2020, 19:58:42 PM
There could be an infected Hoorah Henry coming your way after Goodwood with Leicester consequences.
Still ,   never let the serious stuff get in the way of a witty response or reality.

Crikey Cartron you are getting all holier than thou at the moment. Have you had a road to Damascus moment?

Cartron

There could be an infected Hoorah Henry coming your way after Goodwood with Leicester consequences.
Still ,   never let the serious stuff get in the way of a witty response or reality.

Lynden

Letting a load of hooray Henry's infect each other might not be a bad thing Cartron. Unless you mix in such circles of course.

Cartron

So the correct way to minimise  the effect of the ongoing virus with over 50000 deaths  is to let 5000 Yahoo Henrys congregate at Goodwood for a p*** up and  open up other sporting events to crowds at this critical time.
I agree with the quarantine but  it is insane to let crowds congregate for no real reason at sporting or other events.
At least Scotland , Wales and NI  are trying hard and have a handle on things but England  handling of this has been a shambles from the beginning and still they refuse to learn.
They were correct in locking down Leicester and then they open up sports events to the public in large numbers.

Tetley

Quote from: Lynden on July 28, 2020, 18:42:01 PM
Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory  ::)

yer not going to get rocket science or academia on here Dear are you with us GB & EU yokels,but If  Rishi is nocking a fiver off a meal deal to get Great Britains and..... Brexitanians re spending the numbers do stack to keep the punters spending at home.

its the new Normal ie holidaying...at home.

It was always going to be a decision making balancing act between health and wealth issues.    H spot on it always was.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

casablanca

Quote from: johnny on July 28, 2020, 12:07:36 PM
Prime Minister Cummings and his side kick Boris suddenly realised that all those hundreds of thousands of Brits holidaying in Spain are spending their hard earned dosh in bars/restuarants when they should be spending all that money in British high streets up and down the country.

I am no Cummings, Johnson or Tory supporter, but whoever is pulling the strings I suggest that the UK are doing what every other country is, or are trying to do, or should be doing, and that is to deal with this Pandemic in the best way as to minimise the economic impact on their respective countries. In the same way that Pedro Sanchez is on behalf of his country by pressurising the UK Gov. to change there minds. It was always going to be a decision making balancing act between health and wealth issues.

Lynden

Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory  ::)

Tetley

Quote from: johnny on July 28, 2020, 12:07:36 PM
Prime Minister Cummings and his side kick Boris suddenly realised that all those hundreds of thousands of Brits holidaying in Spain are spending their hard earned dosh in bars/restuarants when they should be spending all that money in British high streets up and down the country.

The infection rate in Spain is nowhere near as bad as they are implying especially in the Balaerics and Canary Islands.

There is definetly something else in play here be it Gibralter/fishing rights or Brexit stuff in general. Once again the government is playing fast and loose. They say they are caring for the health of UK citizens - well it's a pity they didn't put that ethos into practice early on in the pandemic.

the vat £ to maintain public spending and business

its just a pity they have to smoke & mirror it.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

johnny

The infection rate in Spain is nowhere near as bad as they are implying especially in the Balaerics and Canary Islands.

There is definetly something else in play here be it Gibralter/fishing rights or Brexit stuff in general. Once again the government is playing fast and loose. They say they are caring for the health of UK citizens - well it's a pity they didn't put that ethos into practice early on in the pandemic.
Johnny

Old Pedro

As MAZ4929 posted on another topic Dominic Cummings may have engineered the Brit's spending their money in the UK. He certainly will be in the news with the ebb and flow of Covid-19 transmission and is certainly on the mind of a certain chief prosecutor who lost family as a result of Covid-19. This article from the "The New European" is his account, and while it is quite a long article it makes for an interesting read.

He spent a career working with evidence. He wants to make sure that anything that he has been told can be properly verified and is corroborated. He will however need the Police or CPS to prosecute, but the one thing that reverberates is he said "I am relentless". 

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/dominic-cummings-barnard-castle-trip-no-legal-action-1-6761137?fbclid=IwAR0daUgQ3Sa6CAESpuPC5iPRIE3RzHzeLL7-zRLYnL_-ygGvuBh8OvOqZeg

MAZ4929

Quote from: felipe on June 02, 2020, 16:23:37 PM
Out of curiosity, does Cummings have a security detail like the PM?

Special Advisers are temporary Civil Servants and are not usually afforded any security detail.
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

Lynden

Quote from: byrney on June 02, 2020, 17:32:15 PM
Hmmm. Nice thought Phil. I suspect you are right.
So, why then did his security detail allow him to do it?
We don’t know for sure if he does.......but it’s an interesting question.
Interesting answer Cartron. So they have been 3 times more efficient than any other Police Force. Well let’s hope they don’t stop you on your travels. Someone local to you was stopped by the GC. So they pulled over removed their seatbelt, dropped their mask to speak and.......were fined for not wearing a seat belt or mask. That seems very efficient.

byrney

Hmmm. Nice thought Phil. I suspect you are right.
So, why then did his security detail allow him to do it?

felipe

Out of curiosity, does Cummings have a security detail like the PM?

Cartron

No Lynden, the Spanish have been 3 or more times  efficient  in dealing with any indiscretions than the UK police who dont seem able to do anything with them.
Simple really.  Now must dash, time for a tea/beer break.
PS.  If the UK police were doing their job how come Dominic Was able to drive  so far to two destinations and back without being stopped once as happens regularly in Espana. ??

byrney

So, the police here have issued three times more fines than any other Country during the crisis.
Is this any different to normal one wonders?

Lynden

Absolutely, I can’t think of anything worse than negotiating around those idiots on the beaches. Lots of Brits are pretty obnoxious in the popular resorts without Covid.
But getting back to the question.......do you really believe that the Spanish have been far worse at breaching lock down? You’ve already indicated that you believe the Police.....and they have issued 3 times more (minimum) fines than any other European nation.

Cartron

Lynden

So they are lying then.....must be it.
But what about the questions? I can’t believe the Spanish have been worse than any other European nation for lock down breaches, but by your reasoning Cartron, they must be.

Cartron

This is why the Spanish love the Brits. They don't fine you for nothing regardless of what these two say. If they want to do as they like and don't like the police methods in Spain there is a quick solution .
The Policia in general do a great job under a lot of pressure during the alarm. This is what's needed in the UK.
And her who is never wrong will be along shortly to tell you , never believe anything but the BOE.😋😋😋

Lynden

Quote from: Cartron on June 02, 2020, 10:28:54 AM
Congrats Lynden, you have finally got your Actors Guild Card
Always knew you could act.😂😂😂
Very kind Cartron, I’ll put it with my Oscar.

Back on topic, about breaking lock down rules,...honest question from something in the olivepress.....do you think the police have handled the lockdown fairly and reasonably......not limited to any Country.

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2020/05/30/female-expats-slam-police-for-ridiculous-sanctions-as-it-emerges-spain-has-issued-over-one-million-fines-for-breaking-coronavirus-lockdown/

Cartron

Congrats Lynden, you have finally got your Actors Guild Card
Always knew you could act.😂😂😂

Lynden

I thought I recognised some forum members in this...... :grin:

https://youtu.be/JcOfFeKXcd4

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on June 02, 2020, 09:21:42 AM
Quote from: Tetley on June 01, 2020, 19:05:24 PM
Quote from: webejamin on June 01, 2020, 18:50:48 PM
I think it's getting quite funny now, in the media and on here :grin: It's like a little competition, who can bring in something nobody else has dug up :grin: Who can really drive it home :)) :grin: When you see the likes of Peston and co. all doing their damnedest to outdo the others :grin: The faces they pull :grin: the emphasis they use in their speech :grin: it's just one big acting session :))
Bless em :grin:

Jams get in the bunker quick    :shocked: and for Mohamids sake dont watch the film contagion its frittend me  im still shekin this end  and Con Domm waint even starrin in it..... :)) (unlike Tory lock up the wonder years jaws 8  Film 2021.....wi plazzi shark down southend beech  )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3Rs7VMIs4

Aint bin to Sowfend beach fer years Tets, good job by the sound of it. :shocked:
The weather we bin avin lately is likely to attract a few sharks up the riva, coz they can't go to Benidorm :grin:

i should give USA  a miss as well for now,im off ti  bournemouth gaff  have a burger on beech in a couple of years once things eas off   :shocked:

must dash im painting test boof out in rocket control centre   :))