Is Cummings behind it all

Started by felipe, May 22, 2020, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Pedro

Nice one Webejamin. This one from "The Last Leg" last night. I had heard he is considering joining a local golf club in Durham. You can drive anywhere, go out of bounds and there will be no penalty.

His last press conference went very well  said Prince Andrew.

There are now over one million signatures calling for him to resign together with over 25% of Tory MPs. I think the public know that is not going to happen. The PM and Mr.Cummings have a vast amount of work to do to restore public confidence and more importantly as the clock is ticking, ensure that the UK avoids a no deal Brexit. 

webejamin

It's been reported that Diane Abbot is demanding Bernard Castle's resignation, for meeting up with Dominic Cummings during lockdown :shocked:

Lynden

Quote from: Cartron on May 29, 2020, 08:11:30 AM
Quote,
"""It's why most of us UKers don't generally comment on things  Arboleas, coz we don't have a finger on the pulse, we trust most things we are told by people that live there. ""

Not quite ALL of course ,
Yesterday Lynden was most helpful in giving  all in Arboleas advice  on Fibre Optic, where and who to get best TV from 
( Channel K )  and advice on Pool Refills amongst other gems so a big shout out to him. 
Now I must dash as off to Specsavers to check up on my Driving Specs. 😂😂

I always aim to please. Perhaps you ought to buy some ‘rose tinted’ specs. Apparently the world looks a lot nicer through them 😁

webejamin

Quote from: Cartron on May 29, 2020, 08:11:30 AM
Quote,
"""It's why most of us UKers don't generally comment on things  Arboleas, coz we don't have a finger on the pulse, we trust most things we are told by people that live there. ""

Yesterday Lynden was most helpful in giving  all in Arboleas advice  on Fibre Optic, where and who to get best TV from 
( Channel K )  and advice on Pool Refills amongst other gems so a big shout out to him. 

Just to keep you up to date cartron, "MOST" doesn't mean "ALL". MOST people know that, but that doesn't help your style of argument, does it.
Can't see anything wrong with Lynden giving a bit of advice, providing it's meant well and truthful.

The other thing re Tetleys post.
You getting all the UK tv news channels is why yer getting it all wrong Tets, very few people here believe a word, especially from the BBC. ::) It's what the media is about these days, twisting the minds of the masses. So ya gotta stop watchin the news all the time and enjoy yer life.
Tets, what on earth is the "14 mill Southend car park" about? :huh: and who is Mr Thompson? :huh: Was it on the telly? :huh:

Lovely day here again. Another month or so and we'll all be over, soaking up that lovely Spanish sunshine and catching up with people :wink:

Cartron

Great Number Plate 😂
https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/cqhiHLc-zsAprhd8/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/cummings-covid-bus-e1590355828906.jpg

lmj52

Quote from: Lynden on May 29, 2020, 06:51:22 AM
IMJ you should keep that post to refer back to......it might be closer to the truth than you think....be a year or two away though.

Possibly lol.
I’ve found one I posted in 2016 saying Boris would be prime minister  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Cartron

Quote,

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on May 28, 2020, 22:10:09 PM
It's why most of us UKers don't generally comment on things  Arboleas, coz we don't have a finger on the pulse, we trust most things we are told by people that live there.

yer see this is why us UK Doms are all more fortunate again Jam,s here in Thee you,   :shocked:  we have all your tv news channels beamed in for free by the minute....infact we all probably have more knowledge a bought all things UK than you Resisis ...... :shocked: x 2

i see your Mr Thompson is saying the new 14 mill southend car park announcement is a publicity stunt....

are well  glass half full ,if it does come off, old Con Dom  might have a run out your end as well once parkings freed up a bit  :shocked: x3

Morning Dears  :laugh: x

a view from the God fearing  8)

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/29-may/comment/columnists/paul-vallely-cummings-badly-misread-the-public
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lynden

IMJ you should keep that post to refer back to......it might be closer to the truth than you think....be a year or two away though.

byrney

And that the day when they went for their family outing to Barnard Castle happened to be on her birthday. Surely not!

felipe

And his wife blatantly avoided mentioning that they were living in Durham. Closing her article stating they left their house into a London in lockdown. They knew what they were doing all along. What is strange is that it took 7 weeks to come out.

byrney

Oooh Imj. You really had me going then. You cheeky monkey! Lol

webejamin

It's why most of us UKers don't generally comment on things  Arboleas, coz we don't have a finger on the pulse, we trust most things we are told by people that live there.

lmj52

Just in from Number 10: 😲

A STATEMENT FROM THE PRIME MINISTER

Due to the constant pressure from our free press, it has been agreed that Mr Cummings will step down from his current role as special advisor, with immediate effect. I would like to thank Mr Cummings for his hard work and loyal support.

I have today instructed the Cabinet Office to set in motion a committee to investigate and report on the way the BBC is funded and their neutrality in their reporting. This will be headed up by a member of the House of Lords who will have my full backing.

In addition I am proud to announce that I have appointed a new member to the House of Lords. The appointment has been made with immediate effect and I would like to congratulate Mr n Cummings as Lord Dominic of Durham. He will take the lead role in the investigation into the BBC with an additional responsibility to report back to Cabinet on the role of Sky TV.

Lord Durham will take a leading role in the final weeks of the Trade Talks with the European Trade Negotiations.

'If Carlsberg wrote Breaking News.'
Go DC 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

MAZ4929

Quote from: byrney on May 28, 2020, 20:39:35 PM
Well Lynden. Had it been me or you going to Mercadina or Lidl in Albox, we'd have been fined.
Yeah, not the crime of the Century, but the reality is WE would have been fined.
This idiot travelled over 200miles.
Yet HE is the one who is advising the Government.
Hypocrite. Misguided. Whatever. He should resign. Boris daren't sack him. He would dob him up in an instant!

That is wherein lies the difference Byrney. Spain is still relatively a police state, the UK isn't.

Uk police forces are able to use discretionary measures where seen fit. Just as they did with Labour MP Tahir Ali who only received a caution for attending a funeral (not with hundreds of mourners as some media reported) but with a group of 15 others at a time when gatherings in public of more than two people who do not share a household were banned under the coronavirus lockdown measures.

As for Dominic Cummings, an investigation by Durham Constabulary found that he had not breached the Health Protection Regulations by driving from London to County Durham. However his trip to Barnard Castle on Easter Sunday is now being looked into and if deemed necessary,  he might be issued with a fine.

What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

Lynden

Quote from: Rod on May 28, 2020, 21:33:08 PM
I would have thought that driving while your eyesight is impaired would be an offence, he admitted it yet no action. I think the top cops in Durham have been told to back off by number 10, simple
I’ll bet he picks his nose and farts in lifts too. Very unsavoury.
I think we all have an inkling that the drive to test his eyesight was probably B.S. I very much doubt the police would be arsed with such a cunning criminal.
Good job he wasn’t in Spain Webe, the GC would have sorted him out.

webejamin

Quote from: byrney on May 28, 2020, 20:39:35 PM
Well Lynden. Had it been me or you going to Mercadina or Lidl in Albox, we'd have been fined.
Yeah, not the crime of the Century, but the reality is WE would have been fined.
Hypocrite. Misguided. Whatever. He should resign. Boris daren't sack him. He would dob him up in an instant!
This is what this argument is all about Byrnes he wasn't in Albox or anywhere in Spain was he, he was in England. That's how we see it, from England where it happened.
The laws are not the same here, we don't live in a police state, it's all a lot more casual. I don't know of anyone getting nicked for being out anywhere.
It's why I say that we know better. We don't need to learn any rubbish from the BBC.

Rod

I would have thought that driving while your eyesight is impaired would be an offence, he admitted it yet no action. I think the top cops in Durham have been told to back off by number 10, simple

Lynden

Sorry Keyser Soze....some folk just to have to feel slighted and indignant. Luckily most just get on with their lives understanding that we are all imperfect and make mistakes. ::)

byrney

Of course they would. They are under orders from HQ . Duh.

keyser soze

Byrney

Sorry but you are wrong

Durham police have stated cummings might have committed a MINOR offence that would have received the NPCC and College of Policing 4Es: Engage, Explain and Encourage before Enforcement.

He would NOT have been fined

Durham Constabulary has not taken retrospective action against Cummings or any other person.

https://www.durham.police.uk/news-and-events/Pages/News%20Articles/Durham-Constabulary-press-statement--.aspx

byrney

Lynden

Quote from: Cartron on May 28, 2020, 19:26:55 PM
This seems to be what the majority of UK voters think. Don't shoot the messenger. Take it up with the BBC.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52811812
I’ve not seen anyone on here say he didn’t break them. However what some have said was that it didn’t justify the media hysteria.

Tetley

So were is he now then.....?   :))

Night Night Dears  :afro: x

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Quote from: Angleseyite on May 28, 2020, 19:04:56 PM
What sort of pencil would that be then Webe??? :grin:
A pencil is normally used when and where mistakes need to be easily erased.... :grin:
A sharp one Ang, many a bubble was burst with a pencil. :wink:

Cartron

This seems to be what the majority of UK voters think. Don't shoot the messenger. Take it up with the BBC.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52811812

Angleseyite

What sort of pencil would that be then Webe??? :grin:
A pencil is normally used when and where mistakes need to be easily erased.... :grin:

webejamin

Quote from: byrney on May 28, 2020, 15:37:49 PM
Yes Phil. Strange isn't it. Why on earth do they kerp on posting. Surely they have their own local Forums where they can vent their anger? Leave us alone on pur own little bubble!
Byrney has it in the hole, "Leave us in our own little bubble"
If you people want to constantly run the UK and the majority of its population down, then it's only fair that those outside the little bubble can defend them, simply because they know better.
Most subjects on here about  Arboleas are not commented on by those outside the bubble, purely out of respect for it's population, assuming they know best.

All the threats of banning, simply for having a different opinion, or injecting a smidgin of humour, smacks of many years ago when the property scandal was being discussed. This made some feel embarrassed and others angry at posts that could turn off prospective buyers that might buy their dodgy villas. Quite a few of the more "honest" members were banned simply for telling the truth.

The Cummings furore is not about moral outrage, it's political, and harps back to Brexit and you all know it. Most people in the UK don't need a pencil to work that one out.   

Cartron

That video link is hillarious .😂😂

Lynden

Quote from: Cartron on May 28, 2020, 16:38:18 PM
And now another post has opened up in defence of Cummins as if everything has'nt been said already.
I think you must be reading between lines that are not there. No one has defended him at all. You seem to be upset at those who believe the media furore has been disproportionate.
It’s time to draw a line under this hyperventilating.

webejamin

The Vatican has designated Barnard Castle a sacred site, after thousands of blind pilgrims are miraculously cured over the past 24 hours.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Cartron

And now another post has opened up in defence of Cummins as if everything has'nt been said already.

Lynden

More common sense Whitehorses. Even the Police have stated he MAY have committed a minor infraction if the rules. Anyone would think he was a mass murderer with the furore around it.