Nothing will change.

Started by lmj52, August 28, 2020, 22:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagglepuss

Looks like it has been officially announced

rt21

Johnny/Steve

You are forgetting the reason why the conservative MPs got rid of Johnson in the first place. He wasn't toppled because he is a serial liar nor that he led a corrupt government. Conservative MPs after all are fairly relaxed about the moral deficiencies of their leaders provided that such lax behaviour doesn't affect their chances of re-election. They got rid of him for the same reason that they got rid of Liz Truss - they are both deeply unpopular with the electorate. 

Richard

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on October 20, 2022, 13:50:11 PM
Bring back Bojo....  :grin: :grin: :grin:

your right Ang he can win the next election with at least a 12 seat majority .....the Brits love him .

the country needs Sunack  ie banker/financier until Labour take control .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

Believe it or not he is considering standing again for PM.
Love him or hate him he seems to be popular but getting a serial liar and rule breaker back in power would make the UK an even  bigger joke to the rest of the world.
The Brexit twins are out canvassing for him as we speak.😂
They will try anything to avoid a general election.
Interesting times ahead.

Angleseyite

rt21

Quote from: chunky monkey on October 20, 2022, 13:33:15 PM
Tip for Christmas number 1. Always look on the bright side of life !!!

I have already bought copies for Ang and pccorrect for Christmas. I don't want them buckling under all this doom and gloom   :grin:

Richard

Johnny73

All done Liz is gone. Another election for PM. God help us .

chunky monkey

Tip for Christmas number 1. Always look on the bright side of life !!!

lmj52

Quote from: Tetley on October 20, 2022, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: lmj52 on October 20, 2022, 10:00:43 AM
Oh dear , the Brexit boys on the “ other forum” now resorting to name calling.  :grin:
Must be getting desperate, poor things.

Ex Brexit  Dears .....Single market here we come ....... :))

:grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: lmj52 on October 20, 2022, 10:00:43 AM
Oh dear , the Brexit boys on the “ other forum” now resorting to name calling.  :grin:

Ex Brexit  Dears .....Single market here we come ....... :))
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

Don't wind them up too much Imj , they are in enough turmoil .
Sign  in the window of Number 10 .
# Airb&b.    Perfect for short stays.#

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Inflation / bank rates and all things uk coin ..... an overview from the FT  bright folks.

40 billions a year tax down ......(OBR ) 100 Bill in trade per year .....down. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2lWmgEK1Y

Johnny73

I know a few don't want to hear about this but when the new PM fails to show with no excuse then the jigs up and it seems reasonable that she will resign shortly.
And major news.
She should have owned up and hope they went easy on her but hiding away was the worst thing she could have done.
One has to feel a bit sorry for her as she should never have been elected.

Johnny73

The laughter police are on the scene.😂😂
Hunt has now scrapped the VAT free shipping for foreign visitors to the UK.
What next.
Hope it's PC to post this.😊

Tetley

Very busy this end Dears sorting the investment division out  but just come of a Woolly Zoom meeting and apparently us/the UK are paying "sovereign debt Moron rates"   :shocked:

https://medium.com/@will_genh/the-moron-premium-b9550a05db59

must Dash Trev at treasure is on line 6 on hold ( listening to hells bells AC/DC  :)) )

PC Tony dont be to hard on us .....i was illiterate 19 years ago when the forum started ,now i can spell with a spell checker and keep up with all the CSE  Bright folks and also assist some of our  local queries    :grin:

:wink: x

rt21

Quote from: pccorrect on October 17, 2022, 09:16:18 AM
Why don't we change the title of this post to the  lmj52, rt21 and tetley show as they seem to be the only ones interseted in this  worn out topic. pccorrect :shocked: :shocked: :grin:

Well if we applied your suggestion of using member names across the board pccorrect wouldn't it lead to a bit of confusion ?   :shocked: :shocked :grin:

Richard

lmj52

Quote from: pccorrect on October 17, 2022, 09:16:18 AM
Why don't we change the title of this post to the  lmj52, rt21 and tetley show as they seem to be the only ones interseted in this  worn out topic. pccorrect :shocked: :shocked: :grin:

I started the thread. I welcome comments, if you’re bored scroll on.  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

pccorrect

lmj52

The £ is slowly gaining strength after Jeremy Hunt has got rid of Kwasi and Truss’s budget. Lol
We just need Ben Wallace to take over as Prime Minister and the Uk just might have a chance. The Brexit twins won’t be happy though.  :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Quote from: rt21 on October 16, 2022, 19:46:15 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on October 16, 2022, 18:55:31 PM
And now for a little light relief!  :grin:

https://fb.watch/gb-LoNoJeL/

Nice one lmj52.

Just read a couple of tweets from Ken Clarke which I found amusing but oh so true

"Liz Truss firing Kwasi Kwarteng is like a ventriloquist firing the dummy for saying the wrong thing."

and "Brexit- from ‘taking back control’ to absolutely no control. Well done morons."

Richard
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

rt21

Quote from: lmj52 on October 16, 2022, 18:55:31 PM
And now for a little light relief!  :grin:

https://fb.watch/gb-LoNoJeL/

Nice one lmj52.

Just read a couple of tweets from Ken Clarke which I found amusing but oh so true

"Liz Truss firing Kwasi Kwarteng is like a ventriloquist firing the dummy for saying the wrong thing."

and "Brexit- from ‘taking back control’ to absolutely no control. Well done morons."

Richard

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Think Tetley has enough tools already in his Wooley hat club 😂

rt21

Quote from: Johnny73 on October 16, 2022, 15:42:35 PM
I know lots of tools but no knowledge of spanners. 🔧🛠️

Johnny can you please keep politicians out of this sub thread. I was keen to learn more about which tools are needed to join Steve's woolly hat club   :grin:

Richard

Johnny73

Getting a bit like my  tools are bigger than  your tools.
I know lots of tools but no knowledge of spanners. 🔧🛠️

Angleseyite

Quote from: lmj52 on October 16, 2022, 11:55:44 AM
Quote from: Angleseyite on October 14, 2022, 20:53:55 PM
You need a couple of whitworth spanners as well Imj.  :grin: :grin:

I’m told a 10 mil spanner is all anyone needs. :grin:

If it's Tet's club, a mole grip or stiltson will do fine :grin: :grin:

lmj52

Quote from: Angleseyite on October 14, 2022, 20:53:55 PM
You need a couple of whitworth spanners as well Imj.  :grin: :grin:

I’m told a 10 mil spanner is all anyone needs. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

lmj52

Quote from: rt21 on October 14, 2022, 14:50:39 PM
Quote from: lmj52 on October 14, 2022, 11:57:27 AM
With thanks to Jason J Hunter -

Kwasi Kwarteng and Liz Truss issued a statement about a general election....

"if we had one now then one third of voters would vote for the Tories, one third for Labour, one third for the SNP and the final third would vote LibDem."

😂😂😂😂😂

I don't wish to question your hearing lmj52, but they did say that a third would also vote Plaid Cymru

😂😂

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

rt21

Quote from: buddie on October 15, 2022, 20:56:41 PM
Jeremy Hunt is he still chancellor.

I think you should give him a couple of days, buddie, before asking that question.    :grin: :grin:

Richard

buddie

Jeremy Hunt is he still chancellor.

Tetley

Word down woolly hat club tonight from the London smoke .....pace is gathering to re join EU Single market   :shocked: 

lmj52

Meanwhile…..

British government ministers are being taken to court by a body chaired by the former leader of the Conservatives in the EU parliament, over allegations the government is breaking the law on EU citizens’ rights post-Brexit.

The Independent Monitoring Authority claims 2.6 million EU citizens are at automatic risk of losing their right to live, work and retire in the UK and may face deportation because of an alleged “unlawful” interpretation of the withdrawal agreement (WA) by the Home Office rules.

The high court has already granted the IMA, a statutory body set up post-Brexit to protect EU citizens rights, a judicial review of the Home Office rules.

That case is scheduled to be heard on 1 November.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Blue rinse is in a tizz over lizz   :))

One Nation Tory Support Net Zero
9m
Let's hope that the going ons now infuriates the hardline right wingers so much that they start leaving the party. Right wing anti establishment politics just isn't the Conservative Party. The Conservatives for most of history have been the establishment. If right wing populists want an anti establishment, power to the people party, then that's fine but they should go and create one. Life was actually better when UKIP were a major force and they kept the populists out of the Tories. The mad thing is that post Brexit the Tories had the opportunity to create a broad one nation type coalition based on a more social democratic style of conservatism but they couldn't help themselves and indulged their most right wing fantasies, paying little regard to the electorate or the markets. edited

Jonathan Mackie
12m
Truss has damaged the Tory brand, the cause of low taxation and small state conservatism for at least a decade. It will be very very difficult to argue the case for lower taxes and lower spending after this debacle.

There’s a moral and economic case for lower taxes but they must be accompanied by a smaller state, individual freedom and responsibility. Not by debt financing.

JGUK
15m
Perhaps it's time for the Conservative party to split up. The ERG should join up with reform and form the real Conservative party. The one nation liberals like many on here should break away and form a Social Democrat party and the centrists should weigh up if they are centre right and stay conservative or centre left and go with the social democrats.
It's the only way this infighting can come to an end. It's like a playground scrap at the moment. A broadchurch doesn't cut it anymore. Who agrees?

Richard Jackson
JGUK
11m
I'd be up for that with a few alterations. The ERG and reform already have a party. It's called "UKIP".

The rest of the current bunch who believe in free market economics with a social conscience (thanks Ken Clark for that one) already have a party. It's called the "Conservative Party"

Graham
JGUK
13m
This is only possible if the voting system is reformed to PR. Under two-party rule the factions will always have to exist within one of the two parties.

JGUK
14m
Bye 👋

JGUK
12m
You'd be the one leaving pet

Toby Woodthorpe
23m
Only one word describes it - BETRAYAL

rt21

Well in the final run off with Sunak, Truss sent Tory MPs the following message on social media.

“Thank you for putting your trust in me, I’m ready to hit the ground from day one.”

Well how true her words were

Richard