Brexit deal.

Started by Dunedin, November 03, 2020, 12:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

Quote from: lmj52 on December 21, 2020, 15:05:22 PM
Webejamin, did you need one of your pencils to understand this?

We’ve just spent 5 years at war with each other, devalued the £ by 20%, savaged our economy, quit the world’s largest free trade zone, created a mountain of red tape and flushed over £200 billion down the drain, to “control our borders”. 6 EU countries did it in under 24 hours with a press release! :laugh:
Well I did need to get me pencil out, but still couldn't get it :grin:

Johnny73

****6 EU countries did it in under 24 hours with a press release! **:

Yes Lmj  but the UK only have webe,lynden and ajc to negotiate for them so might take a little longer.
You gotta laugh dont you.
Ps , Brussel sprouts, cauli and broccoli off the menu due to brexit shortage.😁😁

lmj52

Webejamin, did you need one of your pencils to understand this?

We’ve just spent 5 years at war with each other, devalued the £ by 20%, savaged our economy, quit the world’s largest free trade zone, created a mountain of red tape and flushed over £200 billion down the drain, to “control our borders”. 6 EU countries did it in under 24 hours with a press release! :laugh:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

The markets are nervous because they see no deal as almost certain, despite what you might have heard on here. The markets are deeply concerned about the UK’s financial outlook but even more so the EU. It’s lose lose at the moment, so as Dunners says....gold is the place to be.

Dunedin

Like the stockmarkets, uncertainty when trading makes for nervousness. As the UK buys more from the EU than it exports to them, disruption causes a slow down in sales. You only have to watch the price of gold go up over the next few days as traders get nervous as gold is the safe haven for most investors.

webejamin

Quote from: nibbler on December 21, 2020, 13:25:20 PM
This may be the wrong place to ask, but I'm not a financial wizard so can someone explain to me why the euro goes down when the pound plummets, surely it should increase, As I said I'm no financial wizard.
Nibbler. :embarrassed:
Could be because the EU is in the same kind of bother as the UK Nibs?

nibbler

This may be the wrong place to ask, but I'm not a financial wizard so can someone explain to me why the euro goes down when the pound plummets, surely it should increase, As I said I'm no financial wizard.
Nibbler. :embarrassed:

Tetley

Quote from: Dunedin on December 21, 2020, 12:24:10 PM
Quote from: Tetley on December 21, 2020, 10:32:49 AM
Quote from: Dunedin on December 21, 2020, 10:29:45 AM
Let's hope we can stay afloat long enough to keep paying the state pensions for those living overseas. They are already set to cut back on foreign aid. 😕

i should concentrate on your end at the mo dear ,your patrington council tax would probably feed a family for a year this end if your   band C ,,D,E,just meck sure yev got pleni IN and if yer on sourceable   meds....stock up.

I was in band H before I downsized to D. What I pay in council tax wouldn't keep you in welding rods for a year.
Meds, fully stocked up for 4 months. 😄

thats relief dear,  last  thing wi need now is un medicated senior citizen..... Brexitear,s  running around in even more  confusion...... :laugh:

here is another Brexitania toe tapper.......https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9031/
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

Quote Lmj , **We’ve just spent 5 years at war with each other, devalued the £ by 20%, savaged our economy, quit the world’s largest free trade zone, created a mountain of red tape and flushed over £200 billion down the drain, to “control our borders”. 6 EU countries did it in under 24 hours with a press release!.***

That just about sums it up nicely  but its almost at an end hopefully one way or the other . Then Boris will retire and live happily on his  super pension. 😊

Dunedin

Quote from: Tetley on December 21, 2020, 10:32:49 AM
Let's hope we can stay afloat long enough to keep paying the state pensions for those living overseas. They are already set to cut back on foreign aid. 😕

i should concentrate on your end at the mo dear ,your patrington council tax would probably feed a family for a year this end if your   band C ,,D,E,just meck sure yev got pleni IN and if yer on sourceable   meds....stock up.

I was in band H before I downsized to D. What I pay in council tax wouldn't keep you in welding rods for a year.
Meds, fully stocked up for 4 months. 😄

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Dunedin

Tetley

Quote from: Dunedin on December 20, 2020, 22:07:06 PM
Ports between Dover and French ports closed for 48 hours. Meanwhile the French fishermen don't like the deal the EU are offering, which means they have to pay UK fishermen a large portion of their catch from UK waters.

at least you have your sovereignty back Dear and have taken back control of your borders  .....10 days to go .

Dunedin

Ports between Dover and French ports closed for 48 hours. Meanwhile the French fishermen don't like the deal the EU are offering, which means they have to pay UK fishermen a large portion of their catch from UK waters.

Dunedin

Quote from: webejamin on December 20, 2020, 20:49:15 PM
Night Lynden :))
Just watching Trump and Lisowski, great match. I'm rooting for Lisowski :)) 

Trump won, but a great match. Never mind Jack :))

Fantastic match. That performance by Lisowski will make a few sit up and take note. 😀

webejamin

Night Lynden :))
Just watching Trump and Lisowski, great match. I'm rooting for Lisowski :)) 

Trump won, but a great match. Never mind Jack :))

Lynden

Johnny you are priceless  :laugh:
You as a redcoat now that’s a great story. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia.
Night all.

Johnny73

Quote AJC  """the human brain eh !! """

Even the simplest post now attracts this sort of  snide nonsense.
Where is there a thread where I slated the UK.?? Other than a discussion about Brexit which is just discussion.
Surprised that this stuff is allowed .  À

ajc

Nah , not going soft just back tracking for the slating you gave the UK on another thread , the human brain eh !!

Johnny73

Clacton was really great and I was a redcoat and in later years visited Billy Butlins house in Jersey.
Wonderful days and wonderful people in a lovely place.
Now thats enough nostalgia  for today.
Lynden will think I have gone soft .🎭🎭

Lynden

Quote from: Tetley on December 20, 2020, 18:30:45 PM
Quote from: webejamin on December 20, 2020, 18:24:42 PM
Nuffink rong wiv Clacton Tets :grin: :)) nice glass of wine there this time of year :grin: :)) fish-n-chips aint bad neither :grin: :))
We’re you a redcoat Tets? 😀

i went ti Clacton Jams to receive an Award in 1980 after that i think it closed  ( Butlins )  :laugh:

Night All xx

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on December 20, 2020, 18:24:42 PM
Nuffink rong wiv Clacton Tets :grin: :)) nice glass of wine there this time of year :grin: :)) fish-n-chips aint bad neither :grin: :))

i went ti Clacton Jams to receive an Award in 1980 after that i think it closed  ( Butlins )  :laugh:

Night All xx

webejamin

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on December 20, 2020, 17:56:27 PM
For me, I suppose it's a bit of wishful thinking. I understand it's the fatcats that run it all, but I live in hope that we will be free of the EU. A bit like the opposite to remainers, my heart leaps when I see a snippet saying "It looks like a no deal" :)) and I get all excited  :grin: only to be disappointed at the next news flash :cry: 

Jams thi oni ones that think there wont now be a deal.........is the leavers  and yev left

anyway best get the clacton holiday Brouchures out for 2021 as it  looks like yev all been Brexi thee you   blackballed   :wink:

been down Mojacar this aft nice & busy with folks que ing  up ti get into restraunt main thing is people are keepin calm & spending & supporting  and carrying on .

webejamin

For me, I suppose it's a bit of wishful thinking. I understand it's the fatcats that run it all, but I live in hope that we will be free of the EU. A bit like the opposite to remainers, my heart leaps when I see a snippet saying "It looks like a no deal" :)) and I get all excited  :grin: only to be disappointed at the next news flash :cry: 

Lynden

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 20, 2020, 17:15:16 PM
Its all posturing to get the most out of  the negotiations as Tetley said.
Not even the most ardent brexiteer really thinks that a few hundred million one way or the other on fishing will stop a deal.
I'm off out for Cod and chips now and don't care where they came from
Won't be long now, a bit like waiting for Santa and wondering what he might bring.🎅🎅
You’ll be fine Johnny....unless you are on the naughty list 😂

Johnny73

Its all posturing to get the most out of  the negotiations as Tetley said.
Not even the most ardent brexiteer really thinks that a few hundred million one way or the other on fishing will stop a deal.
I'm off out for Cod and chips now and don't care where they came from
Won't be long now, a bit like waiting for Santa and wondering what he might bring.🎅🎅

Tetley

Jams the Deal is ON ,what yer seeing now is just media political spin & ruddocks    (24 degres sunny   :afro: )

local elections May

Nissan & UK JIT & finance industry's  ?

Scotland new EU member by 2027/2030 loads of EU Coin thrown in and EU on England's parliaments doorstep ie a sort of Culloden Moore reversal backed by EU Coin then Wales & NI will follow. 

the queens suits will be shxting themselves over Scotland

3 year time Scotts will be huggin UK Brexis in the streets after finally helping the Scots get rid of the "old  Eaton Sassenachs" &  London Big hoose control after 300 plus years  :cheesy:

game /deal on in 2021  plus our spends this end UP on deal  :laugh:

all together now Dears   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi5j7jjhm4M&t=3s   :laugh:

webejamin

Looking more like a "no deal" than ever now.
I think it will be for the best in the long run. I've always said you can't negotiate from within, not with the likes of barmier anyway. We've known all that since Cameron tried.
Macron also needs to be outside with no fishing rights, then he can try to negotiate some fishing in our waters. I'm sure we can accommodate them all when we start from a new beginning. :grin:

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on December 20, 2020, 13:44:53 PM
Never mind Literature, some just struggle with the correct English language and grammar, obviously Tets is excluded from this debate :grin:

Don't blame me Ang ,its the spell checker   :shocked: ,anyway i know loads of  good spellers still stuck  in UK Paying a mortgage  hunlike me who has just come back from a 25 deg seaside trip    :laugh:

anyway i will sign off bifore i get over forum sonsitive and tearful   :afro:

Angleseyite

Never mind Literature, some just struggle with the correct English language and grammar, obviously Tets is excluded from this debate :grin:

Lynden

Quote from: lmj52 on December 20, 2020, 11:00:53 AM
O’level English literature clearly far too advanced for some eh? :grin:
Certainly for Johnny.....have you explained it to him LMJ?

Johnny73

lmj52

O’level English literature clearly far too advanced for some eh? :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.