bike insurance

Started by markandkaren, May 21, 2010, 20:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markandkaren

thanks steve, i will try that site. cant do any harm. hogs, i hope that doesnt become the norm just yet. it will be a sad and expensive day when everyone is out to try and rip everyone off.  the annoying thing is i might have to swallow pride and pay them their ransom as it will buy me time until sept, although no way are they getting my renewal.  mark

HogRider

markandkaren

I have to say that the situation you've encountered is now also becoming 'The Norm' with UK Insurers.  I think that they've all been to the O'leary school of ripping off punters !

Hogs

steveconway24

Try www.segurmoto.com

Its like a spanish version of "go compare" but without the annoying fat man singing!

That should give you a rough idea of what Spanish companys charge.

markandkaren

can anyone recommend an insurance company for a motorbike.  i have currently a paid up insurance for a bike that i sold and wanted to transfer that insurance to my honda dominator. they quoted me a premium less than what i paid for but want nearly 50euros just to transfer the insurance until sept when it runs out. am i being unreasonable or is that a bit much on a 170euro premium. if i have to pay that i might as well pay a bit more and get a whole year. their attitude was take it or leave it and couldnt care less. i think customer service hasnt quite arrived here. they wouldnt cancel it and give me a refund on the remaining months when i inquired last year when i sold the previous bike. apparently thats normal here in spain. any advice would be greatly appreciated.  mark