Dirty water

Started by Stina, September 18, 2012, 14:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stina

Sounds about right lol.... Yet I see the Agricultural water gushing through the trenches every night that looks like clear spring water LOL....
Gotta love living in rural Spain  :rofl:

Cass

I have spoken to the water company and they said"due to low rain full they are sucking the water from under ground and thats why it is so dirty! and if we dont like it they can turn us off" so changing my filter more often seems the best way lol.
My softener is the best thing i have brought here i would say.

Lets all hope for a bit of rain this winter so we dont have this problem next year   oun

Rod

We live in La Hortichuela too. Have a filter where the water comes in and another pre water softner. Have to change them every 2 weeks, first one is solid with dirt by then but it does help the second one.

Stina

Last summer our water was off for 8 weeks so had tankers coming but the waterbill was €300 despite this.... This last bill was the same for same period... Which wouldn't be a problem if the water was any good... Makes me want to stomp my feet lol... (have changed the filter, rewashed my whites and now are lovely and clean and White)
Just wondering though if anyone has put in a complaint and what the outcome was  :whistle:

uffington15

we live in La Horthichuela and are lucky that we rent so moving isn't a problem just an expense.  In the Costa Blanca we weren't on mains water and the deposito water was fine for everything except drinking.  Think going to tanker water here would be a good idea if the quality and availability is good. probably more expensive but at the moment we pay for dirty water.  Hope you sort something out

Stina

Hi there Uffington... Are you in the Albox area? We own our house outright so moving isn't an option but we are seriously considering doing away with Gestagua altogether and getting a tanker in instead?.. My folks live 5 mins away bycar and their water is fine..

uffington15

same thing here, pre filter on water softener is brown within half a day.  Have closed pool down as we itch after a swim, calcium build up depsite softener and we wont risk the  drinking water filter.  Have found an answer though, we're moving out of the area.

Stina

Does anyone else have a problem with filthy water? We had a water softener installed a couple of months ago and within a week the filter is completely full, my white washing came out dirtier than when it went in  808
Is there really any point in complaining or will they just shrug? Any advice would be appreciated!