Helecoils

Started by RedEyes, September 28, 2018, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEyes

Many thanks for that Tetley.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Tetley

Quote from: RedEyes on September 28, 2018, 12:26:50 PM
My wood burning stove has brass handles which rotate on a steel thread, which is not a clever design feature.  After 17 years, the brass has worn to an oval and the handles no longer work properly.  The manufacturer no longer provides spares, as they dropped this particular model a few years ago.

Is there anyone out there who can fit helecoils/keenserts, or similar, to my existing handles?  Alternatively, any other solutions on offer?

I am not about to replace a €1,000 stove for the sake of a couple of handles worth €20!

there is an engineering shop in olula del rio main street next to santander bank befor the mini r abought they will helicoil it or stud it and re tap it out to standard.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

RedEyes

My wood burning stove has brass handles which rotate on a steel thread, which is not a clever design feature.  After 17 years, the brass has worn to an oval and the handles no longer work properly.  The manufacturer no longer provides spares, as they dropped this particular model a few years ago.

Is there anyone out there who can fit helecoils/keenserts, or similar, to my existing handles?  Alternatively, any other solutions on offer?

I am not about to replace a €1,000 stove for the sake of a couple of handles worth €20!