Warning - beggers are about again

Started by Paul and Jo, May 12, 2011, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optomist

Good to know most people are aware now of this problem , as in many other countries they work in teams , In Asia i have seen 10 or 12 dropped off in from smart merc minivans , many have babies ( borrowed or hired for the purpose ) they will often pinch the child to make it cry as they beg from cars at lights , others pretend to be blind with an arm on someone with sight ,to many scams and tactics to go into here but just take the advice given by other posters ,WALK AWAY, don't hesitate , don't speak , don't look at them or anything if you can help it , act as if they were invisible,  they do very very well from it . If you want a bit of fun try making hand gestures as if you were deaf , they will look totaly confused .

midasdriver2001

We nearly got caught by one in mercadonas this morn, he handed the clip board to my hubby who was just about to sign it when i grabbed it off him and said he wants ya money and making out he cant hear or speak, and i promptly gave it back and said no thank you, i said he will be sharing coffee with his mates soon and having a good chat, there were 3 of them in there

emma123

I was approached by one of them after taking my trolly back, just said 'No, no, no' and walked past him. I then saw 3 of them, all with clipboards walking away. 20 mins later saw one of them in Arboleas near Charter. Keep your money in your pockets.

paul-sue

Yes you are right they are a real pest remember them from the last time they hit Albox, do not even attempt any conversation just walk past them.

Paul and Jo

Just a warning to all that the deaf beggers are about again. Just noticed a swarm of them around Mercadona only approaching the English.
They are not authorized collectors and the the papers they show you are only bad photocopies with fake stamps. They ask for your name, nie number and a donation and normally have a few written on the sheet already for 5 or 10 euros.
Don't be fooled by them - they are not deaf as they have been seen sitting in the coffee shop talking normally to each other!

This is only a frienly warning as I have seen so many people be conned by them.

Jo.