Driving or Riding your motor bike through France ?

Started by Woden, March 28, 2013, 08:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

cantabrian

I drove through France 4 yrs ago ,got stopped by the frogs , One was a bit tipsy !! Well they wanted to see this and that ,the normal routine ?? They were a bit pushy ! I explained to them in quite good french where were they in the WAR !!! ETC !!!! (Nelson onwards !!) they asked me a pleasant journey !!

webejamin

Don't smoke nibbler, but years ago I drove through France regularly and always got pulled, just outside the P.O.E. and frisked for fags, and then often all the way down to wherever, it was standard. They always thought I was crazy because I never had cigarettes :crazy:
Speed cameras were not invented then ;D

nibbler

Webejamin,
Be very careful how many cigs you carry through France. It's not the gendarmes you have to worry about it's the Duane. They enforce a 5 carton with receipt limit. Any more they will confiscate and too many will incur a fine.
Re speed camera's as has been mentioned there are a lot more than there used to be but the French have been quite fair in as much they have also installed roadside indicators giving you your speed before you reach them.
Nibbler

webejamin

Thanks for that Woden. Are you still required to carry loads of cigarettes for the local Gendarmerie? it's been a long time since I drove down and splashed the ash :tiphat:

Woden