Pink GB license

Started by Jim1544, March 29, 2013, 09:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim1544

Well done jim1544. I noticed that this post was posted at 15.44 !
[/quote]  Strange , I noticed that too, 1544 was my collar number when I was a copper way back!!
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

gus-lopez

Quote from: Jim1544 on March 30, 2013, 14:44:16 PM
   BINGO.....I have managed to change it for a new Photo licence on line at .GOV.ORG they use your passport details and extract the photo on that and transcribe it on to the replacement Licence. Will be posted to my UK address within 2 weeks, then all i have to do is rip up the old pink one and return it to swansea.  AND its free :clap:  thanks again for all the help.

Well done jim1544. I noticed that this post was posted at 15.44 !

Jim1544

BINGO.....I have managed to change it for a new Photo licence on line at .GOV.ORG they use your passport details and extract the photo on that and transcribe it on to the replacement Licence. Will be posted to my UK address within 2 weeks, then all i have to do is rip up the old pink one and return it to swansea.  AND its free :clap:  thanks again for all the help.
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Jim1544

Thanks for all the replies, this licence was issued in 1981 so looks like I will have to change it for either a Spanish one or a new UK photo licence, will call at my local English speaking Gestor and see if its possible to get a spanish one, or alternatively send off to DVLA with her passport.  thanks again.

gus-lopez

The pink one, post '97 is legal on its own. You can also change it for a spanish one although in some places they are now asking for the green 'certificate of registration on the EU list ' before they will do it.

Duffs

I think you will find that the authorities will require you to have photo id to accompany the pink licence, ie passport. The best bet is just to update to a photo licence. It can be done on line and they will use your passport photo to put on the driving licence.

Jim1544

No Not a residency card holder, the Pink licence does say on the front..European communities model and the words "driving licence in English and 9 other languages including Spanish ??  I might even go to the guardia office in Albox and see what their reaction is, but from past experience one tells you one thing and another a completely different story!! thanks for your input toffee girl.

Toffee Girl

Are you a resident in Spain?
I am not,and the G men and car hire companys accept my pink license.

blondie

iv asked my husband and he said yes she will as your not allowed 2 drive outside uk on the one she has.

Jim1544

I'm sure someone out there must know the answer to this one, before I contact the DVLC.....my wife has a full car/moped license, the old pink one without the photo.  She now wishes to buy a scooter 50cc to go shopping on etc, will she need to change it for a photo license, she never drives a car here so we had no need to bring the question up before, but dont want to fall foul of the men in green. secondly, can she exchange this pink license for a spanish license?  thanks for looking.