2012 COUNCIL TAX (IBI)

Started by Roger, July 18, 2012, 16:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

COUNCIL TAX (IBI) REPORT

We are now in a position to give a report of the situation regarding Catastral Registration for Council Tax for 2012.
Only some properties have currently been registered by the Catastral Office, and only some of these have been registered for payment for 2012.
This work is done in Almeria and it is taking them a long time to work through the backlog. There have also been a lot of errors and other problems, such as:
Sometimes only plots have been registered, not the house.
Registrations have sometimes been made in the name of the builder or in the name of a previous owner; sometimes in the name of the person on the original building licence, even though this may have subsequently changed.
Names have sometimes been copied wrongly.
No addresses have been included.

All these problems arise often because they have used old documents, such as original segregation licences.

Some people have been to the Town Hall to make corrections, but these will not have been made in time for this year's billing.

I have been working through the document supplied to the Town Hall from Almeria, and filtering out the Spanish from the non Spanish names.
I have then identified these into barriadas and where possible into street names and house numbers.
Inevitably there are names I cannot identify regarding their location because I do not have their name recorded in my register.
This will usually be those who have been paying in the past. However there may be some people who have been registered to pay for years but have never received a bill.

This information is now available in the Town Hall in alphabetical order and in barriada order.

It is inevitable therefore that many people will not receive their bills by post.
We have been informed that they will be sent out early September, and that there is 2 months to pay.
Therefore if your PROPERTY is on the list and you do not receive a bill early in September you can come to the Town Hall for a copy. The debt is on the property, even though it may be registered against the builder.
After you have obtained the first bill you can overcome future problems of delivery by signing the Direct Debit request on the bill. Changes can be made in the Town Hall to update the registrations for future years.

Regarding the back dated payments; we have been informed that following arrangements will apply. I am informing people of this so that you have as much advance information as possible, although it is possible that there may be changes.
2011 bills to be sent out in October.
2010 bills to be sent out in November.
2009 bills to be sent out in December.

In each case there will be 2 months to pay, and the amounts for previous years will be reduced from the 2012 amount taking into account inflation.

To avoid everyone coming to the Town hall I can publish those areas which have been registered for payment.
However this may not be totally complete because of registrations I cannot identify.
I have legal advice that, because of Data Protection, I cannot publish names or addresses but I can publish street and barriada names