Removing extranjeros from the padron

Started by knowall, June 12, 2010, 13:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyH

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

Andy

Roger

The National Police inform the Town Hall when someones residence certificate expires, and the Town Hall has to remove them from the Padron, unless you go in to the Town hall to renew the padron entry.

atnuj

Issue 1.

There is a legal requirement placed on all Ayuntamientos to update their Padrons monthly - but as many people never bother to tell them when they leave, the norm is that they send out letters to the adress you registered at, about every 2 years, and delete you if you do not respond - sounds reasonable to me....

Issue 2.

A certificate that one is on the Padron is available on demand at any time from the Ayuntamiento - most entities (like utilities, insurance companies etc.) will only agree validity if it has been issued within 3 months before presentation.... you do not need to renew it every 3 months - just when you want it, should the last one be over 3 months old

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Neil, No they last for a lot longer - but if anyone wants a copy of your Padrone it should be an up to date one    ie.  that years.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

UEI

I thought padron entries only last 3 months anyway?

knowall

mandering