Quote from Mayor of Albox

Started by unclebob, June 26, 2010, 19:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffi

Jabba you wrote
how are the Spanish owners going to pay extra on their IBI because the ones near me haven't got 2 pennies  to rub together.so they wont be happy and as they say their not bothered one bit and dont understand why we should have sewage.
they have managed to get by for generations so why cant we.

WE can and would be happy to its the EU who are making this a requirement on all national governments and in some areas around Albox and Arboleas natural water courses have become contaminated by sewage and are thus unusable now,  As soon as there is a higher volume of properties then things change.

jabba the cat

Blueboy
i agree but i would make everyone legal then take the riches as you say.... difference between me and them is i like a quite life :lol:

blueboy

jabba
the object of the excercise is not making property legal or installing services, it's all about obtaining more riches from the expats and owners.
A by product MAY be the legalising of some of the properties :tiphat:

jabba the cat

Roger........ just a quick one how are the Spanish owners going to pay extra on their IBI because the ones near me haven't got 2 pennies  to rub together.so they wont be happy and as they say their not bothered one bit and dont understand why we should have sewage.
they have managed to get by for generations so why cant we.
a someone said earlier politicians where would we be without them..getting on with our life. :tiphat:

andie

ok Roger thanks for your reply it looks far from "straight forward " to me,and personally from what you have written i would go for the 5 to 10 year time scale.

ie funding for sewrage plants,roads up,financing,and local agrements and agrements on finance and ibi increases / impmentation  for the Arboleas area to cover the infrastructer short fall.

S   :tiphat:

Roger

The question is about cost and time scale.
First of all, I emphasise I am talking about Arboleas, not Albox, where the problem is far worse.
No-one can realistically quote a firm answer to any of these questions at the present time. We are still working on it.
In my personal opinion, but based on detailed discussions, the cost for each house owner in Arboleas can easily be absorbed within the IBI when we can all pay it, possibly with a small increase over 5 years.
The basic infrastructure (tarmac etc) I believe could be done within 18 months.
Sewage, including connecting to a workable system, would have to be done barriada by barriada, and the time scale would depend on funds which could be raised. It would be foolish to try to put a time scale on this with so many unknowns.
The important thing is that we have a workable plan which does not place an unacceptable financial burden on the house owner. One way we can ensure this is to make sure we elect a Town council with representation from the whole community, so that we all have a say in the way things are done.
At the present this is not the case, and the Town Council takes the view that it is our (the house owners) who have to carry the full financial burden, without the assistance of grants or long term loans by the Council.

HogRider

Quote from: cactus jack on June 27, 2010, 12:27:42 PM
One question why doesn't everybody TRY pulling in the same direction instead of constant backbiting and sniping.

Jack

Unfortunately regard the pulling in one direction and the way we have sailed with many changes of direction in nearly 3 years some forum members are beginning to think that the hand on the tiller of the good ship 'SS New Arboleas' has been steering a course with a compass borrowed off of Captain Jack Sparrow !

Yes I agree that Lieutenant  Roger has put his hands up to being 'Shanghied' by Admiral Angel but the problem remains unless the good peeps of this town are treated with openess and transparency by any new administration (Particularly in this pre election period) the aspirations and dreams of an Arbiland Nirvana will surely founder on the rocks of voter contempt !

Hogs :tiphat:

andie

"One question why doesn't everybody TRY pulling in the same direction instead of constant backbiting and sniping"

Because one side have been dealing with the issues for the past 3 years and carnt really get thair head around some of the "other sides statments "involving the same issues all be it with 10kms distance between towns,ie houses sat on gardens,no hab certs & mains services & dodgy paperwork,hence my questions to Roger,as i along with many others would like to know of the" straight forward legal solutions "for Arboleas .

S   :tiphat:

cactus jack

Here we go again two week break then same old questions same old moaners. Signing off this longstanding boring thread.
One question why doesn't everybody TRY pulling in the same direction instead of constant backbiting and sniping.
Leave it with yer :head

blueboy

And how much will it cost? :tiphat:

Sorry Steve, slow writer :tiphat:

andie

"Fortunatelyfor Arboleas there are straight forward legal solutions "

what are thay please Roger and  over what time scale are we looking at ie 1 to 5 years or 5 to 10 years also are costs involved for the home owners ,to acheive the "straight forward legal solutions"

thanks

Steve   :tiphat:

Roger

Hogs.
I did say that we have a lot of problems in Arboleas. As do Albox.
The fact is that, having discussed the issues with people who have a lot of technical experience and knowledge, I am sure the the problems in Arboleas can be sorted out very easily, but there has to be a change of political control to achieve this.
Returning to the thread.
I have asked these same people the question about Albox. They have no straight forward answer.
I do think that the people of Albox should be demanding more action and more answers from their Mayor.
Afterall, he has the services of an army of technicians. But their priority is clearly not the problems of the British.

HogRider

Uncle Bob

It is now my turn to offer apologies for going off your thread and for that I'm am very sorry ! But it makes my blood boil that all be it a well intentioned group of people (Volunteers one and all) have taken a basic help the peeps with problems remit into a 'everybody is wrong except us and we are going to put it right if you vote for us next May and we can sort out the Peoples Republic of Arbiland' !

Roger

Arboleas is not wonderful with no problems.
But it could easily be.
We have a lot of problems which have to be sorted out and soon.
Unfortunately we have a Town hall which is not addressing the problems.
In that we are the same as Albox.
Fortunatelyfor Arboleas there are straight forward legal solutions.
I wish it was as straight forward for Albox.

unclebob

How on earth did you people manage to change a criticism of the Mayor of Albox, in to an Arboleas is wonderful, and the AUAN are the devil incarnate..

Beggars belief.

Rod

Hogs, occasionally we diagree as we are cannot all be of the same opinion every time but I must say, for me, you have it spot on this time.  Rod

iuvlambos

From what I have seen over the last 6 months if people from outside of Arboleas had stopped throwing accusations and ridicule at the Helpdesk just because they are jealous that someone is actually trying to achieve something for residents. Then probably more of the people would have confidence in the helpdesk and their plans. The helpdesk certainly appears to have achieved far more than anyone else outside of Arboleas. Even if it has been slow in releasing information,they told people what they achieved and were trying to achieve.  They seem to be rectifying errors made and have admitted those errors, that takes courage. Why not leave them alone to do what they said they will do and release information in September. Then, if they do not release it people will have every right to ask why.

HogRider

But that of course depends on which page of the hymn sheet they are singing from, and which donkey they are riding and even possibly which way the wind is blowing with the many changes of position, direction and political approach from the 'team' in Arbiland that we have witnessed on this forum !

Perhaps a bit more time learning basic communication skills by the aforementioned in Arbiland would have seen less sceptics at this stage of the game and more positive supporters !  And if you really want to be where you want to be this time next year you had better start thinking on how you can convince the sceptics that your position is the only one that will achieve results.

PS And Juan please stop the AUAN bashing cos it's shows large chunks of inmature stupidity in the 'We're Gonna save Arbiland and turn it in a land of milk and honey' mantra ! 

JuanSheet

hi bob
Im so glad i live in Arboleas where we have a good team trying to sort out the problems i e  the arboleas helpdesk.
its a shame you people in Albox seem  unable to even communicate with the town hall as all you appear to want to is continually snipe and complain.
At least here in Arboleas Roger and co can try sort things out ,i know its difficult ,but they have some idea what theyre up against and can then at least try to formulate their ideas for change accordingly.
I suggest you and your cronies stop and think and reconsider your approach,because i personally think  the AUAN have achieved very little,other than creating an impossible situation between themselves and the people they will inevitably have to talk to,if they wish to ever resolve any problems.

unclebob

The following is a quote from an article in La Comarca, a local Spanish magazine for the Almanzora valley.

QuoteThe mayor of Albox, José García is quoted as saying that he understands and shares the feelings of those affected. He understands that the homeowners feel that it is taking too long to provide a solution to the problem but his council has been working from 2008 to find solutions.

I missed it at first, but the sharp-eyed amongst you might recollect that Pepe was elected in May 2007 (I am fairly sure). Which means that it took him a year to discover there was actually a problem, and start working on it.
For a man who has been on the council for 12 years now (actually a lot more), one would have thought he would be paying attention at council meetings, and realise there was a problem.
He certainly knew of the problems in March and April of '07, when he paraded around the ex-pat community, promising to solve the problem.
So! what was he doing in the year prior to acting on the problem? It probably took him that long to get all his family and mates in to council positions and jobs.... I know.... cynic in me!...... naughty boy!
Just think. In that first year he could have spent some time organising water and electricity services to the poor unfortunates that don't have it. OR!.... maybe even providing a regular supply of water to those that DO!

Politicians eh! What would we do without them?....................... HAVE A BLOODY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!