problem neighbours

Started by michnmart, June 21, 2009, 14:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

I feel so sorry for your situation - we had moronic neighbours in Somerset and we tolerated it for about 5 years.  We lived in hope that they would move but eventually we decided to go instead as things were just gradually getting worse.  We had planned to move to Spain but in the end left 2 years earlier than we intended.  These people had upset a number of other neighbours and we all tried different ways to alleviate the problem, talking to them calmly, ignoring them, writing to them, contacting the local neighbourhood police etc.  Nothing much worked.  They're still there nearly 9 years on making the other people's lives a misery.

Sadly their antisocial behaviour will probably never improve because that's the way they were brought up and they cannot see anything wrong in it.  It's all in the breeding I'm afraid.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

yo_leviatan

Quote from: michnmart on June 24, 2009, 21:04:50 PM
Thankyou slimboyfat for understanding the situation we are in. we have had the problem for 4 years. everyone else is saying that we are just moaning and grumpy but we are not we are very tolerable people but enough is enough. thanks for your options last resort is probably hitting them
I'm sure you are tolerable people, you are demonstrating here because you are asking for a solution and that is what tolerable people do :tiphat:
Nothing new under the Sun

michnmart

Thankyou slimboyfat for understanding the situation we are in. we have had the problem for 4 years. everyone else is saying that we are just moaning and grumpy but we are not we are very tolerable people but enough is enough. thanks for your options last resort is probably hitting them

Slimboyfat

Sadly there's not much you can do without stooping to their level and calling in the heavies.
It's a sad fact that some people don't care if their behaviour is antisocial and couldn't give a hoot if they upset other people.

I've been in exactly the same situation and found myself banging on walls, knocking on the door and telling them to shutup or I'd go berserk but even though my complaints and threats were sometimes met by a marginal reduction in noise the problem always recurred.

All I can do is advise you to listen to soothing music and smile sweetly as if they like you they may not want to upset you.
With luck the behaviour will change or they will move on soon.

Options.
1. Ignore it
2. Appeal to their better nature
3. Ask Guardia Local to help although there's little they can do
4. Fight fire with fire (It all gets silly and you end up embarassed and annoyed)
5. Get nasty (Tempting but unless you know the influential locals a very bad idea)
6. If the Spanish part of the partnership is male, get to know the family and tell his Mum

You have my sympathy and best wishes for whatever you decide to do but I suspect exercising patience is your best option.

SBF
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leader

Clare53

Oh this must be horrible for you and so hard when they have no awareness for other people hope you get it sorted!

yo_leviatan

Quote from: Scotty on June 23, 2009, 17:48:48 PM
Quote from: yo_leviatan on June 23, 2009, 15:32:25 PM
Quote from: jim on June 23, 2009, 15:22:11 PM
yo_leviatan,

Nothing is more important than FOOTBALL,  "VIVA ESPANA" :lol: :lol: :tiphat:
I supose you don't have spanish keyboard, when you want to write ñ just use alt+164 and then you can write properly España

Hey, how do you fancy doing a thread where you correct our  Spanish?

It would be great :clap:  If your English wasn't as good as it is, we could return the favour

I'm not correcting your Spanish, I'm giving to him an advice on how to write the letter ñ.
I can correct your spanish if you want it but first of all you have have to do it  :)

Scotty

yo_leviatan,

I supose you don't have spanish keyboard, when you want to write ñ just use alt+164 and then you can write properly España

Hey, how do you fancy doing a thread where you correct our  Spanish?

It would be great :clap:  If your English wasn't as good as it is, we could return the favour

andie

Quote from: jim on June 23, 2009, 16:18:45 PM
Steve turn your radio down,if i point my super duper noise directional finder at your location i can just about hear Desert Island Discs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We don't want you to upset the moaners do we. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :tiphat:

nope carnt hear yer Jim,we need more valve Vox,s Amps,bet the dont get this greif in Seat Ibeza  :angel:  :rofl:   :wave  S

jim

yo_leviatan,

Thank you ,Viva España
DILLIGAF

jim

Steve turn your radio down,if i point my super duper noise directional finder at your location i can just about hear Desert Island Discs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We don't want you to upset the moaners do we. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :tiphat:
DILLIGAF

andie

"Then again, moaning does appear to be the British national sport."

it was till thay all moved here !   :wave

i left the uk to get away from moaning gugggers now thav all incamped in depressimeria and followed mi,brudy internet its the work of the devil   :o   :o

:lol:  S

yo_leviatan

yo_leviatan,

yo_leviatan

Quote from: Juliet P on June 23, 2009, 15:23:07 PM
Quote from: yo_leviatan on June 23, 2009, 15:10:28 PM
Quote from: jim on June 23, 2009, 15:08:28 PM
Quote from: Rollo Tomasi on June 23, 2009, 15:05:23 PM
Quote from: michnmart on June 21, 2009, 14:19:07 PM
Does anyone no how to deal with a problem neighbour. Have english neighbour with spanish partner both are ignorant and they leave there car radio on blasting when not in car. generaly making a nuisance of themselves. have asked them to stop but falls on deaf ears. Doesnt just effect me it also effects our other lovely neighbour.

I don't understand what the bigger problem is, the neighbours making noise or them being ignorant, considering their ignorance is the first thing you mention then you appear to first have a problem with their respective personalities and secondly have a problem with a bit of music. Frankly I don't think you can have sensitive ears living in Spain, it is the 2nd noisiest country in the world, if it's not machinery it's local fiestas and fireworks.
Then again, moaning does appear to be the British national sport.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:
It is a Spanish national sport too, be sure of that!!! Even more important than FOOTBALL

Nah, the spanish national sport is gossiping!
;D ;D We have perfect control of different disciplines, we are masters of that sports.

Juliet P

Quote from: yo_leviatan on June 23, 2009, 15:10:28 PM
Does anyone no how to deal with a problem neighbour. Have english neighbour with spanish partner both are ignorant and they leave there car radio on blasting when not in car. generaly making a nuisance of themselves. have asked them to stop but falls on deaf ears. Doesnt just effect me it also effects our other lovely neighbour.

I don't understand what the bigger problem is, the neighbours making noise or them being ignorant, considering their ignorance is the first thing you mention then you appear to first have a problem with their respective personalities and secondly have a problem with a bit of music. Frankly I don't think you can have sensitive ears living in Spain, it is the 2nd noisiest country in the world, if it's not machinery it's local fiestas and fireworks.
It is a Spanish national sport too, be sure of that!!! Even more important than FOOTBALL

Nah, the spanish national sport is gossiping!

jim

yo_leviatan,

DILLIGAF

yo_leviatan

jim

DILLIGAF

Rollo Tomasi

yo_leviatan

Quote from: Roller on June 21, 2009, 15:55:50 PM
Try Maria, the local policewoman. Speaks reasonable english & is very helpful
Not necessary, one of them is Spanish, even beeing ignorant he/she will understand spanish properly, not sure if he/she will understand the baseball bat language but it is another option, writing in his/her car with it or turning off the radio with it  :lol: :lol:
I'm just joking.

JessicaH

Invite them, and your other neighbours over for a meal and during the course of the day/evening bring the discussion around to the music.
It still may not solve the problem but involving a third party to speak with them is certainly not going to improve the situation.

Roller

Try Maria, the local policewoman. Speaks reasonable english & is very helpful

LittleRichard

I would say get a better car with a louder radio. Give them a taste of thier own medicine.

The G-man will not be able to do anything unless its after mid night of before 7am.

LR

VIVA ESPAÑA

suelesj

Jim...the neighbours  might not know how to play baseball  :whistle:  :whistle:

jim

1, Quite word in the offender's ear.   :o
If that don't work.

2, Call the G-men   ::)
If that don't work.

3,BASEBALL BAT   :crazy: :whistle:
DILLIGAF

michnmart