email from Villalba

Started by tandas, May 02, 2024, 13:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

The NHS ,the Scottish and Irish health service , many major companies in Spain including Orange Telecoms have all been hit by cyber attacks recently even though they have the best and most up to date  defences .
The criminals just keep getting better at what they do .
Banks and insurers are regularly hit all around the world.
Iberdola in Spain recently lost personal information of 1.3 million customers in a cyber attack.
It's the brave new world we live in.
Not just Villalba

Lynne

Quote from: Johnny73 on May 03, 2024, 19:40:55 PMLots of companies have been the victim of cyber and other attacks and scams.
It's not Villa's fault so give them a break please.

These things happen because they don't have the proper computer protection to stop it happening, you get what you pay for.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

lmj52

It's difficult to find a local competent company to do the tax assessment. 6 years ago I tried 2 of the companies mentioned here. Very disappointed with their knowledge. I used one for the Spanish return, but had to do my own HMRC return as they couldn't do that.
I have friends who have been given incorrect advice that cost them money. Some have no idea how to treat things like SIPPs etc.
I do my own returns now, but provide the information to my accountant who inputs the details for the Spanish return.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

ADVANCE Digital

Quote from: Penhallow on May 03, 2024, 19:26:22 PMThere never seemed a problem when Tim had Indalo Partners , goes over to an Albox outfit and ?

Salvador Group took over Indalo Partners clients not Villabla, and last year Indalo Partners also had email issues, although not any form of attack, hopefully.

Johnny73

Lots of companies have been the victim of cyber and other attacks and scams.
It's not Villa's fault so give them a break please.

Penhallow

There never seemed a problem when Tim had Indalo Partners , goes over to an Albox outfit and ?

Lynne

That's probably why they didn't respond to my email last week - too late now, another place to avoid.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

shadeseeker

Let's hope they get it sorted quickly .
Well done for letting  them know
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

tanfield

they've confirmed a cyber attack.

shadeseeker

Maybe let them know. They do a lot of tax returns for expats who live in the area.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

tandas

Just had an e mail from Reception regarding Purchase order with a link that flags up unsafe as we have had no contact with them for over 5 years deleted it beware they may have been hacked.