Kent Brexitanian Lorry park....

Started by Tetley, October 16, 2020, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunedin

They are going to have to make getting the lorries back home to Europe a priority if the drivers are to be with their families for Christmas Day. Latest figures say upto 2,000 lorries affected. Not the figure Boris gave. 😎

Rod

Thanks Tets, an honour for an Essex boy.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rod

Lynden

Outgoing movement to restart tomorrow. Details to follow, but expect anyone leaving the UK to have a negative Covid test as part of the process.

Karen4

Ooh, I've been reading more misleading headline information then! It's on, it's off, it's on again...I'm going to stop trying to keep up with it now and get on with other things!  :laugh:
Cl3880

Rod

Sorry Karen4 but no sign of the lorries going anywhere soon. Boris was on TV saying he had spoken to Macron and they hope to sort out the problem but no movement.

Lynden

I’d say that was reasonable Steve.

steveconway24

At the very least, the UK should insist on a negative test to be able to enter the country like a lot of countries have, I'm amazed that they still haven't done that.

webejamin

Yep, I go along with that Lynden, they should have banned travel to and from the UK months ago. It was travellers brought it in in the first place. Once it got here to this tiny, overpopulated little island, it was bound to run rife.
No pencils needed for that one ::)

Lynden

If I was responsible for travel in any Country I’d ban travel from and to the UK. Why risk it. We always like to have a bash at the French, and they us, it’s part of our culture. :grin:

Johnny73

Webe me Bucko , àYou need to send others pencils as well as Spain has now closed borders to UK travellers.
Maybe Macron had a word with the Spanish.
At least it has knocked brexit off the news.

webejamin

Quote from: Johnny73 on December 21, 2020, 12:28:57 PM
Why are the bolshie French getting the blame for everything.?? 27 countries including the UKs closest neighbours have stopped travel but only the French get the blame. Possibly a bit if Brexiteering  dislike of the French.
Its just as bad for French truck drivers .!!  One feels so sorry for all drivers sitting in 5 mile queues on both sides of the channel on Xmas week.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/21/which-countries-have-banned-uk-flights-over-new-covid-19-concerns
I'll send you some pencils Johnny me boyo :grin:
Of course it's just as bad for French drivers, but Macron didn't think about that one until he saw it unravel on the telly, :grin: Bit like some others on here innit. ::)

Gotta say it's lovely and quiet here the last 9 months with fewer planes roaring overhead, but it should get very quiet when most flights stop :grin: Mind you, there seems to be one or two still at it. 

Karen4

I didn't know the French are getting the blame for everything? Are they? Normally politics is a game of more than two halves where all sides try to score points against each other, and the current ludicrous Brexit/UKexit situation is a good example. It's never the politicians or the squillionaires who suffer as a result!
However, if ports are open again it will restore a little bit of normality to an otherwise horrible situation.
Cl3880

Johnny73

Why are the bolshie French getting the blame for everything.?? 27 countries including the UKs closest neighbours have stopped travel but only the French get the blame. Possibly a bit if Brexiteering  dislike of the French.
Its just as bad for French truck drivers .!!  One feels so sorry for all drivers sitting in 5 mile queues on both sides of the channel on Xmas week.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/12/21/which-countries-have-banned-uk-flights-over-new-covid-19-concerns

Karen4

It appears that the French have now lifted their ban and opened the border and ports. It's all just a game really, isn't it? Is it?
Cl3880

Dunedin

The strain is showing a cross the channel and everything is getting blocked. There is talk of the stoppage being lifted already. While the UK markets have dropped they have not dropped as much as the EU markets. That tells you something. 🤔

webejamin

I wouldn't be worrying too much Ang, once the French have made their little point about Brexit while talks are still going on, it'll settle down again.
You can be sure the new strain is already in France and everywhere else. It's how we got it here, by people bringing it in.

Angleseyite

Its not who's trucks are where, the problem is the lack of movement, this will create problems for sure no matter who is causing the problem.. It all needs addressing asap...I am concerned for the welfare of my relatives etc in the UK. Its all becoming a big mess...

webejamin

Quote from: Angleseyite on December 21, 2020, 10:10:22 AM
Another conspiracy theory!!!!
:))
You only have to look whenever yer go anywhere near dover Ang, most Trucks are either EU trucks, or EU drivers. so when the French get bolshie, it's mostly them that get caught up in it. Have a drive round the M25 and count the EU trucks against UK trucks. :huh:
Unaccompanied trailers aint affected and there's plenty of them coming and going.
Yer just gotta know about these fings innit :wink:
When there were strikes by fuel drivers years ago, fuel came in through private jetties  :grin:
Conspiracy indeed :grin: 

Angleseyite

You're right Tets of course, it might be only 15%, or whatever, but my point was its starting to compound, and that is a problem, I don't understand the complete need to explain every detail to some and even then they don't get it... No wonder they voted out!!!!

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on December 21, 2020, 09:57:40 AM
These reported food shortages on top of the miles of lorries etc and all the other ills, are the last thing we want for the motherland....

the problem is Ang when yer start playing silly bastards.... ie plastering yer rn  patrol boats  over the media with gob all,s commenting on how rigaros the enforcement will be in the hope of leveridge in the negotiations  and EU  fishing folks families looking at bankruptcy ,s after generations if there fishing is restricted or stopped thes not a right load of wonderment how its going to pan out....this is only a taster of a No Deal EU/UK  cold trade war ....which is why there will be a deal ,but the uk is an Island Hiltler was on coarse to invade it and it is well within the current european scope to blockade it with regulation ,they all need to get there deal done now.

and as for the trucks Jams....90 % of stuff is shipped into uk from EU  by road ,if i was an EU Truck boss id be parking my wagons up and looking for EU  only work rather than have all this Brexinomics and having to pay drivers and mi trucks stood still  wi fridges running .

bass bunny

they will be panic buying already after this mornings sky interview with Shapps ,the only good new is Williamson is in education out of the way as you really would be shafted if he was managing the trucks .

what a bunch of runts.....
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

BassBunny

Quote from: Angleseyite on December 21, 2020, 09:57:40 AM
These reported food shortages on top of the miles of lorries etc and all the other ills, are the last thing we want for the motherland....
The Supermarkets have had their Xmas stock for months and only 15% of produce is from the EU, (Aldi and Lidl is less). The media creating fear again.

Angleseyite

webejamin

It's mostly EU drivers they're stopping :huh:

ajc

Ze French are having a bit of a sulk under the guise of covid.

Angleseyite

webejamin

Reality has been with us for years Tets, it's just that some haven't felt it before. :huh:

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on December 20, 2020, 21:18:59 PM
I wonder how much of the EU talks about freight being banned to and from the UK over the virus,is really to do with the Brexit negotiations :shocked:  no, they wouldn't do that would they :wink:

Stock up Jams project reality will be with you in 11 days .

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/road-haulage-boss-says-fresh-19495092

webejamin

I wonder how much of the EU talks about freight being banned to and from the UK over the virus,is really to do with the Brexit negotiations :shocked:  no, they wouldn't do that would they :wink:

ajc

Johnny73 for what reason have you assumed our comments would be anything to do with your post 🤔

Johnny73

****Ireland has now followed the others and are stopping all travel into Ireland from Britain from midnight.
Sad for those with tickets booked and plans all made but with the way its going in England its probably for the best.
What a mess.****

What on earth is anti UK or to do with brexit on my post .???
I just felt sorry and sad for all the people  many of whom I know who had booked ,made plans to travel to and from Britain.
Why do you make anything more of it.
Yes I should have started a new thread but didnt think it would excite a few of you  ( and its just the same three ) so much.
Maz is correct on another post.

ajc

I have a couple of friends here who are stuck and they have actually conditioned themselves to find any reason to knock the UK to make them feel better about being here , but they are nice people so I accept how they are.

webejamin

I know ajc. I know a couple of Spanish nurses here in the UK, they have nothing but praise for the UK, same for a few old workmates from Vigo, they always knock Spain though. I have my own rants about the UK and I live here.
I know UK people in Spain that are stuck there forever and hate it, but they'll still knock the UK. ::)

lmj52

Quote from: ajc on December 20, 2020, 18:10:02 PM
Webb’s I’m sure you are correct but I have Spanish friends and they continually moan about the mistakes made within the Spanish gov regarding covid yet nothing seems to get an airing on here and here is where many on this forum live, it’s only ever the failings (plenty) of the UK.

Start a thread about Spanish issues then. This thread is about Kent lorry park. That ok?
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.