Kent Brexitanian Lorry park....

Started by Tetley, October 16, 2020, 08:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAZ4929

Quote from: lmj52 on October 16, 2020, 22:08:39 PM
Maz, maybe check your figures, even the government's  are nothing like yours. You've gone a bit quiet on the haulage issues, by the way.

Checked my figures and they are exactly as I have posted.

Not intentionally quiet, just been busy dealing with the real world rather than worrying about speculation.
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

lmj52

Maz, maybe check your figures, even the government's  are nothing like yours. You've gone a bit quiet on the haulage issues, by the way.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

MAZ4929

Quote from: Roger on October 16, 2020, 17:24:11 PM
Don't worry Boris has just announced that he is going for an Australian style trade deal.

OOPS
that means no deal, or am I wrong.

What it means is - "EU, remember that 52% trade in goods and the 44% trade in services you enjoyed with the UK, well because of your unrealistic demands regarding state aid rules, expect an Australian type deal between us in future - 11% goods trade and 19% services trade"
What is important is not only to attain victory for democracy, it is to retain democracy.
Nelson Mandela.

lmj52

Well boys, after reading your previous comments I'd be struggling to get you two to understand anything. The information about the various problems you're going to experience is coming from your government.
Wake up!
The money guys are making even more, and you don't see it.
Enjoy your party, all 6 of you. :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

webejamin

Blimey  :shocked:  you ain't sayin gov.uk has shifted a few billion off into someone's back pocket are ya lmj? You'll be saying it's all happened before next :))
They wouldn't do that, would they? :shocked:

Lynden

Come on IMJ, who are these beneficiaries of gov money? I’ve always said the easiest way to lose cash is to let the gov administer it. So whose cronies have their fingers in this cookie jar, and who gave them the contracts?

lmj52

Whilst giving money to friends:  You may remember Crisp Websites Limited, trading as PestFix, the company with last reported net assets of £18,047.

On the 10th June, a judicial review letter was sent to the Government asking why they had agreed to pay 75% upfront for isolation suits worth £32m, to PestFix. PestFix had materially no assets, no experience in supplying PPE for use in a medical setting, and has since admitted supplying faulty facemasks. EveryDoctor has issued judicial review proceedings and will have a hearing in late February.

Today we learned Government had awarded a further five PPE contracts to PestFix for £313.7m for facemasks, gloves, and gowns. Government was obliged to publish these details within 30 days of the award of the contracts but, although five of these six were awarded in April, it is only today, six months later, that it has finally complied with its legal obligations. And we know, from a written answer to a Parliamentary Question, that there are (at least) five more contracts awarded to PestFix still to be published.

Government’s choice of counterparty for a third of a billion pounds of public money defies all rational explanation. How - and why - was this lucky beneficiary of huge state largess chosen? And why is the Government so persistently, and unlawfully, late in coming clean?
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

Quote from: Tetley on October 16, 2020, 18:35:05 PM
Quote from: webejamin on October 16, 2020, 18:29:00 PM
Don't worry Boris has just announced that he is going for an Australian style trade deal.

OOPS
Wish it was true Roger, but I've said from the start they'll sell us out.

Still no answer to me question :huh: I fought yers woz clevererer dan dat ::)
Anyway Lynden, we can make a fortune outa all dem EU drivers holed up in Kent, me an Hogs've gotta van fer knockin out grub in the lorry park innit. :wink:

meck sure yer get a permit Jams for kent...and set off early there might be a que....  :cheesy: unless yer mebee fit some blue flashin lights up on yer  van roof wi a pa speaker as well  and blow some sirens sound down the mic   :afro: ie wizz down ard shoulder on a burger himergency wi blue and two on  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAv1o9C9qow   :laugh:
We’ve already got it sussed Tets. The van is complete with signs saying Covid samples keep clear. The traffic parts like the Red Sea, no lights required. Webe is getting a licence for the Calais side as we expect loads more business over there.
One has to take yer opportunities were you find em. 😀😉

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on October 16, 2020, 18:29:00 PM

OOPS

Anyway Lynden, we can make a fortune outa all dem EU drivers holed up in Kent, me an Hogs've gotta van fer knockin out grub in the lorry park innit. :wink:

meck sure yer get a permit Jams for kent...and set off early there might be a que....  :cheesy: unless yer mebee fit some blue flashin lights up on yer  van roof wi a pa speaker as well  and blow some sirens sound down the mic   :afro: ie wizz down ard shoulder on a burger himergency wi blue and two on  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAv1o9C9qow   :laugh:

mebee set Lynded a" Brexit  help desk "up next ti van Explaining licencing requirements,uk & eu ,the TIR System ad the new re vamped customs procedures  & declarations systems .... ::)   :laugh: 

ive got ti dash i fink im  gona wee mi sen in a minute  :laugh: x
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

casablanca

Quote from: Tetley on October 16, 2020, 17:29:42 PM
Quote from: Lynden on October 16, 2020, 17:28:35 PM
Evening Webe, just back in after a busy afternoon. Starting to organise the Independence Day parties. We can kick off on November 1st and countdown to freedom. The EU don’t want to treat the UK as a valued partner, they just want to exploit us, so no deal it is. We’ll get Tets to organise the dancing, and the music. Imj can sort out the parking because he seems up on that and if Cartron is about he can do the drinks.
:grin:
Webe can you organise the bunting, and I’ll sort the nibbles. Job done.

are you lot in the same home.... :laugh:

:laugh: It has to be Bedlam, doesn't it??    :laugh: Love the Farage Garage, problem is unless you are from darn sarf it doesn't sound as good!

webejamin

OOPS

Lynden

Quote from: Angleseyite on October 16, 2020, 18:09:34 PM
are you lot in the same home....  :grin:
Tets, is that as in the same "Care" home??? :grin:
Not quite there yet Ang, but I’m sure we can recommend one for any returning ex pats. Webe looks after the Sarf, and I look after the Middle Lands. It’s one big party island. We might not have the warm weather but the Channel is looking wider every day. Beautiful, big World outside your little federal fiefdom.

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on October 16, 2020, 18:09:34 PM

think that an affirmative Ang    :))

anyway dears bad new this end mi Yamarley seats stuck in madrid  customs and ive got nowt ti sit on,on mi moto  :shocked:

thankfully its comin from china so should be streightforward.....ti sort  8)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Lynden

No Tets, but we are all one big very happy family.......just a quick question for our car park expert.....if the lorry park in Kent is big.....how big is the one in Calais....it must be enormous to cope with all that fresh produce coming over here. Might have to reject it if it’s not up to standard  :grin:

Tetley

Quote from: Lynden on October 16, 2020, 17:28:35 PM
Evening Webe, just back in after a busy afternoon. Starting to organise the Independence Day parties. We can kick off on November 1st and countdown to freedom. The EU don’t want to treat the UK as a valued partner, they just want to exploit us, so no deal it is. We’ll get Tets to organise the dancing, and the music. Imj can sort out the parking because he seems up on that and if Cartron is about he can do the drinks.

are you lot in the same home.... :laugh:

Lynden

Roger

OOPS

webejamin

Fing is, you anti Brexit people do seem to be a lot more clevererererer than us Brexiteers, but yers don't seem to know how long these fousands of trucks are gonna be parked up waitin to cross into da EU  :huh: 
I aint gettin into them comin over from the EU, yet, just the Kentish lot goin out.
How many trucks, and how long will they wait?

I mean, if yers don't actually know, just say so, instead of givin it all the doom and gloomy bits on Dover. :huh:

chas

wow all the other ports to use and all i read is about kent when i was a  driver the firm ask the custermer which port you would like us to use and the only way they would use dover cos its is the cheapest and as we all know its dearer to go by sea than road just my view  be safe all

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on October 16, 2020, 15:21:45 PM
How long do yers fink all this parkin up is gonna last then people? And who will be in the lorry park, our or yours? :wink:

6 months hard Brexit then Johnstone & co will roll over and does as there advised ..... to EU  trade ..... providing he doesn't extend the transition in December....

Fink il just get the roofles rocket out and watch his statement down beech ,best stock up wi bog rolls Jams  :))

webejamin

How long do yers fink all this parkin up is gonna last then people? And who will be in the lorry park, our or yours? :wink:

lmj52

The prime minister will be making a speech at 4 pm today.It's expected the announcement will include warnings of the impact of a no free trade deal. This was something we discussed a while ago, looks like the tariffs and delays at the ports we mentioned but were ridiculed by some on here are actually going to happen.
The PM will also take this opportunity to confirm the various covid tiers coming into effect.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on October 16, 2020, 12:23:31 PM
:)) :)) :)) :))
Great to see a bit of humour back on here :)) :)) :))  funs been gone too long :)) :)) :)) :))

Jams i just hope wi dont get those ruffian type turning ie that dont lift the seat ,  :))

or even worst  bogs all been full up and folks going native lowering the tone of the Brexitania kent countryside

:laugh: 

felipe

Quote from: lmj52 on October 16, 2020, 09:16:15 AM
I'm still trying to find out who won the contract for the 20,000 portaloos! :grin:
SERCO. I think.

felipe

Seems the government has found a way of clearing up all the S**t they have caused. Heard that tory MPs will be used to empty the bogs.

webejamin

:)) :)) :)) :))
Great to see a bit of humour back on here :)) :)) :))  funs been gone too long :)) :)) :)) :))

lmj52

I'm still trying to find out who won the contract for the 20,000 portaloos! :grin:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley