boris

Started by kev, January 12, 2022, 17:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny

Tony Blair isn't the issue here - the issues, which you chose to ignore are those of all the citizens of the UK who suffered, obeyed the rules while Boris and his team floughted the very rules THEY had put in place.
Likewise you've ignored the plight of all those left behind in Afganistan now under constant threat of death...wow what does it feel like to be so blinkered and unfeeling..whilst millions were unable to grieve, say their last farewells just so Boris 'Party Boy' could put two fingers up at all those who did what they knew was the right thing to do at huge sacrifce.
Your opinions, which you are entitled to are though, vastly out of step with most of the UK who believe in honesty and decency when it comes to doing the right thing.
Johnny

byrney

They all are mate!

rt21

Quote from: Roger on January 27, 2022, 09:34:53 AM
Boris Johnson lies to suit himself whenever he wants.
He believes its his right to do so.
He invents facts which he repeats to justify himself.

People who have known him since school say he has always been the same.

So you can't believe anything he says.
However many people take his words as fact because they can't believe that anyone can be so dishonest.

So he could well hang on. And could well win the next election.
He paints a positive vision which people want to believe, and want to ignore the unpleasant facts, such as a NHS in meltdown.

I think most reasonable people from different political persuasions would probably agree with your post Roger

Richard

Johnny73

***. "You would rather a proven liar, cheat and sociopath run the country."***

You already have one in number 10 running the country Byrney..

byrney

"You would rather a proven liar, cheat and sociopath run the country."

Unlike Tony Bliar?  Obviously you've conveniently forgotten him!

Johnny73

Unfortunately the brexiteers love him . Their only priority  is to depart the EU and stand alone and will protect him at all costs as that's the only reason he is in power.
The MPs who would like to jettison him are more interested in protecting their jobs than protecting the country.
Boris won't publish Sue Gray's enquiry if it paints him in a bad light and Dick from the Met will do nothing.
Just let them plod on into the mire making Britain great again.
I'm off for a work related Mahou. 🍺

johnny

Quote from: byrney on January 26, 2022, 16:35:06 PM
Oh johnny. FFS.

Cats and Dogs?

Parties in Number 10?

Are these really the most important things which are going on in the World?

You are just so desperate to get your commy mates in power.

So sad.

Everybody in the UK were obeying the rules but no, not Boris and his team of liars.
People were not able to say goodbye to loved ones, attend funerals all the while people in Downing Street were partying, bringing booze in and taking everyone else as mugs.
On the eve of Prince Phillips's funeral the Queen sat alone respecting the rules.
One rule for the UK and another for them.
Animals over people - these Afgans were helping the British Army and many were left behind. Boris/Carrie wanting to get the cats and dogs out.
How on earth you make it a party political issue God alone knows - it's just common decency and respect something that Boris is sadly lacking.
You would rather a proven liar, cheat and sociopath run the country.
He has been sacked for lying from so many jobs (it was he, as Foreign Secretary (sacked) who managed to get Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's sentence increased with his blunderings.
The sooner he gets sacked/removed the better for everyone.
Johnny

Johnny73

*** You are a good poster and I enjoy reading your posts and banter and as far as I am concerned the issue is closed and forgotten. Let's move on
best wishes
Richard *****

👏👏👏

Roger

Boris Johnson lies to suit himself whenever he wants.
He believes its his right to do so.
He invents facts which he repeats to justify himself.

People who have known him since school say he has always been the same.

So you can't believe anything he says.
However many people take his words as fact because they can't believe that anyone can be so dishonest.

So he could well hang on. And could well win the next election.
He paints a positive vision which people want to believe, and want to ignore the unpleasant facts, such as a NHS in meltdown.

rt21

Quote from: Angleseyite on January 26, 2022, 18:01:50 PM
Sorry you feel insulted Rich, but what exactly was it if not that.. From what I've seen it couldn't be described as a party, not in my view anyway.

Hi Angleseyite

I haven't read your pm yet as I am short of time this morning, but will do so later in the day

What I did want to say was that although I did feel your words were insulting, I didn't feel personally insulted. If that doesn't sound double dutch.

You are a good poster and I enjoy reading your posts and banter and as far as I am concerned the issue is closed and forgotten. Let's move on

best wishes

Richard

Tetley

Looks like were going to get" Barking/Meowin gate" now as well..... ::)

O and Soviets aint looking to friendly either ....think il stop in shed and watch telly   :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Richard I have sent you a pm.

My point is that opposition are obsessed with removing Bojo and nothing else. Once the investigation of partygate has been completed, maybe Boris will have a position to consider, but he is a Teflon political sort.

Tetley

Richard this brand of Tory ERG isme...is a shxt show very different to my day ,

sorry for the loss of your Mam and quite frankly the indifference you have been shown by posts on here

i would think 95 % of readers will understand you valid points raised ie the uk is a shxt show at the moment

and if i was an NHS  nurse ,burnt out, sleeping in the  car, winter 2020 for fear of giving covid to the family ...quite frankly i would want to shuv, the pm birthdays cake in full, in his mouth candles and all ........ :blank:

lions led by self entitled ......political donkeys .. :blank:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

rt21

Quote from: Johnny73 on January 26, 2022, 18:55:07 PM

Richard, so sorry for your loss.

Thank you Johnny

Richard

rt21

Quote from: byrney on January 26, 2022, 18:43:20 PM
Thanks Richard.
But beg to disagree.
A few "illegal" parties versus economic boom, all time unemployment rates, not to mention World beating vaccination against Covid.
You really are having a laugh!

Well call me an old cynic Byrney, but I am sure you know full well as I do that boom and busts are  often created by governments intervening in the economy through government spending, often with money that they have had to borrow. Now of course it could be pure coincidence that in January the government had to borrow an estimated £8.8 billion, which was £18.4 billion more than in January 2020 and which is both the highest  January borrowing since  monthly records began  in 1993 and the first deficit for 10 years. Mmm interesting

Also the last comparative economic figures that I saw last week were for Q3 2021 which revealed the following.
UK GDP grew by 1.1% compared to the previous quarter
The EU GDP grew by 2.2%
Compared with the pre pandemic peak ,       ( Q3 2021)
UK GDP was 1.5 % lower.
German GDP was 1.1 lower.
Eurozone was 0.3% lower.

There was of course good news in the UK regarding employment but this was not so much based on increased GDP more to do with the displacement of EU workers

Comparative figures for Q4 2021 will be released shortly which may show of course a different picture. We shall see.

In terms of the vaccination programme I set out below the latest figures

UK
1 dose 77.7 % of the population
Fully vaccinated 71.7 % of population
Booster    55% of population

Spain
1 dose 86.2 % of the population
Fully vaccinated 80.8 % of population
Booster    41.5% of population

People can judge for themselves which figures are better

Richard

Johnny73

And not to mention the chaotic result of brexit with fishing chaos , trucking and delivery chaos in and out of UK.  Farmers throwing food away because of  shortage of workers .  And the ongoing impasse with the NI protocol which threatens the brexit deal.    But we all see what we want to see.
Richard, so sorry for your loss.
Ps. Have the UK caught up to Spain yet with vaccinations ??

byrney

Thanks Richard.
But beg to disagree.
A few "illegal" parties versus economic boom, all time unemployment rates, not to mention World beating vaccination against Covid.
You really are having a laugh!

rt21

Quote from: byrney on January 26, 2022, 18:19:19 PM
Richard. I saw my 89 year old step mother die in February last year.
Followed by an horrendous two months of fxxxing Social Services insisting that my 92 year old frail dad could look after himself with their "support". Forgive me for being cynical laughing. Prats.
Anyway, I finally had to arrange for him to be in a home. During which he kept falling over and eventually died in October.
So please don't imply I don't know.
A simple party in No. 10 v the catastrophy which is the health service?
Is that all the opposition can go for? Pathetic.

If you read my message again carefully Byrney you will see that I was explaining my anger at Johnson and why I thought it was an important topic in this country

It had nothing to do with what you know or didn't know about what was happening in this country

Richard

byrney

Richard. I saw my 89 year old step mother die in February last year.
Followed by an horrendous two months of fxxxing Social Services insisting that my 92 year old frail dad could look after himself with their "support". Forgive me for being cynical laughing. Prats.
Anyway, I finally had to arrange for him to be in a home. During which he kept falling over and eventually died in October.
So please don't imply I don't know.
A simple party in No. 10 v the catastrophy which is the health service?
Is that all the opposition can go for? Pathetic.

Johnny73

"""From what I've seen it couldn't be described as a party, not in my view anyway.*""
😀😀😁

Angleseyite

Sorry you feel insulted Rich, but what exactly was it if not that.. From what I've seen it couldn't be described as a party, not in my view anyway.

rt21

Quote from: Angleseyite on January 26, 2022, 17:51:57 PM
Whether Bojo goes or not due to wine and crisp at break time etc is not as important as the other much larger issues including a potential start to a European conflict, so the opposition are obsessed with Boris going and not apparently the larger issues. Bit sad really.

The real sadness is that a guy without a shred of decency, honesty or integrity is still in his job

I think your description of wine and crisp at break time is a bit insulting to many of us.

Richard

Angleseyite

Whether Bojo goes or not due to wine and crisp at break time etc is not as important as the other much larger issues including a potential start to a European conflict, so the opposition are obsessed with Boris going and not apparently the larger issues. Bit sad really.

rt21

Oh johnny. FFS.

Cats and Dogs?

Parties in Number 10?

So sad.

They may not be the most important things going on in the world Byrney but they are the most important things going on in this country

We have a known liar as a Prime Minister who ordered the Police to take action against anyone breaking the Social Distancing Rules that he introduced and which he flouted in No 10

If I had to describe my motivation for continuing this attack on Johnson it is pure anger with the man

During the last two years there has been various lockdowns in which I couldn't visit my mum in her care home. She was 98 years old when the lockdowns were introduced. She was blind and very hard of hearing and relied on daily family visits for company. During the lockdowns she would sit in her room staring in front of her looking like a lost soul. (Sometimes my sister drove  up to the care home and could see her from a distance whilst sat in her car) Everyday she would ask staff at meal times why her family was not visiting her. She didn't understand the situation. If we could have visited her for just 5 minutes it would have meant the world to her.

She never really recovered from the loneliness of those times and we buried my mum just over a month ago, just 5 months shy of her 100th birthday

So when I think about those times and I hear about the shenanigans of the PRAT who is in office it just makes my blood boil.

The quicker he does the decent thing and resigns the better it will be for all of us.

Richard

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on January 26, 2022, 17:05:59 PM
I'm no real Bojo fan, but I've seen better opposition on the Muppet show than in this current labour lot etc :grin: :grin:

my fave was fozzi bear and the drumer .

Oh johnny. FFS.

Cats and Dogs?

Parties in Number 10?

So sad.

bryns if yer tellys working put chace on   :)) x

Angleseyite

I'm no real Bojo fan, but I've seen better opposition on the Muppet show than in this current labour lot etc :grin: :grin:

Johnny73

Byrney , just to be clear that post from Johnny is not me !!!
Happy hour used to be relaxing .??

byrney

Oh johnny. FFS.

Cats and Dogs?

Parties in Number 10?

So sad.

johnny

The lies are now coming thick and fast.

Foreign Office emails released today contradict Downing Street’s insistence that Boris Johnson did not personally authorise the controversial rescue of cats and dogs from a British animal charity in Afghanistan over that of rescuing interpreters and other Afgans and family members who were helping British forces.

Boris on August 25th denied he had anything to do with any arrangements, saying "it's complete nonsense.."
Johnny

Johnny73

He can't comment on anything  until the result of the enquiry 🍷😂
Let's see how slippery he is tomorrow when the enquiry result arrives and the *** hits the fan .
Slippery dead man walking.!!

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on January 26, 2022, 15:04:04 PM
Quote from: Tetley on January 26, 2022, 14:58:04 PM
Just watched PMQ,s he is a gifted Lad is Our Boris ....... :laugh: talk about confidence in ones own Ability ,next level this lad  :))

Bojo is as slippery as a greased eel. Labour are useless, can't land a punch on him. It's embarrassing :grin: :grin:

He would have made a Fantastic Marx Brother, something like Dr Hackenbush's assistant ,luv it   :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icq2KvONMPA

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on January 26, 2022, 14:58:04 PM
Just watched PMQ,s he is a gifted Lad is Our Boris ....... :laugh: talk about confidence in ones own Ability ,next level this lad  :))

Bojo is as slippery as a greased eel. Labour are useless, can't land a punch on him. It's embarrassing :grin: :grin:

Tetley

Just watched PMQ,s he is a gifted Lad is Our Boris ....... :laugh: talk about confidence in ones own Ability when yer up against it  ,next level this lad  :))

lmj52

The longest time a party has been in power in my lifetime was the Conservatives from 1979 to 1997.
This lot are coming into year 12.
It’s time for a change. Labour need Andy Burnham and the other Milliband, amongst others.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: rt21 on January 20, 2022, 22:17:37 PM
I have to say Steve I was spitting feathers this evening when I saw my local conservative MP gleefully telling Sky News that she had been cheering on Johnson at PMQs.

If there was a General Election tomorrow I would walk 5 miles to vote for any party that would oust this most corrupt, dishonest and inept government that I have had the misfortune to experience in my lifetime

I have to say I have never had such contempt for a government as this one. My conservative friends also can't stand the man

Richard

Richard a friend of mine is a local X conservative party chairman in a large constituency, he asked for my Overview...

my reply

he seems a must have friend at the Summers Sunday afternoon BQ ie life & soul of the get together among family friends    :wink: