Theft from bank accounts

Started by ramblarider, March 16, 2013, 13:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

Most of the Russian money is dodgy anyway, wherever it it is in the world.

ramblarider

That was my thought. Not ones to take being victims of theft lying down, exactly.....

Another thought (despite the obvious problems caused), would they have DARED to have tried this in the US, with more guns in circulation than cars? I rather doubt it.

Maybe there's something to be said for the NRA after all.

gus-lopez

"" The savers,  half of whom are thought to be Russian, ""

Well hopefully then we are going to see large amounts of bodies turning up .   :clap:

sparkiemike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Trucker

YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HAVING SEX OUT HERE, NOT MANY DAYS GO BY WITH SOMEONE WANTS TO SCREW YOU..

ramblarider

The currency in Cyprus is the Euro......

They have been in the EU since 2004.

More news on this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21812853

Tetley

to be fair i know that the euro is backed by france and germany but there is no way i would go out of uk pounds or bank in euro land to more than a couple of k.... uk pounds are uk pounds been around for years.  :tiphat:

im also of the opinione now the way that things are panning out around the world not to invest anything outside of the uk that you carnt afford to take a hit on ie houses,cars.....
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Yes, I can see this happening in Spain, but we won't know about it until the last minute, just so you don't take your money out.
Be prepared!!!

sparkiemike

:wave

banker, politicians, religious leaders=double glazing salespersons, car salespersons, energy company sales persons

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

ramblarider

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/16/cyprus-eurozone-bailout-anger

This is extremely worrying. They call it a "levy", of course, but it is in reality pure and simple theft. Legalised theft.

There are obvious implications for holders of bank accounts in Spain, Greece and Portugal. This is (probably) not imminent, but clearly shows what can happen. Also, how sneaky they are if they do decide to do it.

It also puts all this "disclosure of overseas bank accounts" stuff in a particularly sinister, new light.

Simple question... do you trust these people, the bankers, the politicians, etc? If you then do nothing. If you don't - make other plans.