Partaloa demolition ??

Started by jim, June 12, 2014, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

I almost dare not say this, but the majority of properties in Spain are legal. YES I know this does not help those  unfortunate folks who are stuck with an illegal home, and I have every sympathy with those in this nightmare situation. We try do to our bit by belonging to the AUAN.
We have become totally disillusioned with all levels of the Spanish government and all who sail in her ! ! It beggars belief that in the 21st century a European country can allow such a situation to continue, in which many thousands of mainly retired expats stand to lose everything that they have worked for. I thought the Spanish were a nation who respected  old folk ? Ha Ha. I cannot see an end to this in our lifetime. Liz, aged 64 .

glenholt

WELL SAID MADREMIA, too many people have too much to say from their a####.

jimmybeen

MadreMia    If you were not duped then I don't know what to call it  :head
I hope you are a member of the AUAN as anyone with illegal property issues should be !
and I hope like me that you attend all the demos, meetings & marches that try to shine a light on this issue !
All are victims not thick as you state I'm inferring, but victims of a bad system but I still don't understand after all the publicity about this issue folk keep coming here and buying illegal properties it beggars belief IMO.
I'm not going to wind anything in as I'm not a wind up merchant even if Roger says I am, I'm just saying it as I see it.     

Rod

The priors did everything right, got all the documents required from Vera council but still it was demolished. The court ordered Vera council to pay compensation, where is it?
As for saying that it happened because there are no Uk councillors in Vera to me that beggars belief.
By the way when are the Arboleas elections being held.

MadreMia

Jimmybeen, All I can say is keep your nasty negative comments to yourself!! Being a homeowner of the said properties, we were not 'duped' and we certainly did 'our homework'. We ALL have full  ESRITURA, and it states quite clearly  'URBAN LAND' and stamps all over it from the Junta de Andalucia, land registry etc etc. Who knows what skulduggery goes on behind the scenes when you go to purchase your dream property? SO, two properties have recently been sold and did the authorities I.e. Junta etc, Land Registry pick up the fact there were criminal proceedings against the houses NO!! So wind your neck in mate and stop slagging off myself and my neighbours and making us out to be THICK!!!!

lanky

Yes, and which dodgy estate agent is involved?  English? Spanish?  They are not bothered as long as they have got their pound of flesh

jimmybeen

I don't understand ....... it beggars belief ...... how on this glorious earth can anyone get off the plane and buy a property without doing an once of homework! Why would any sane person buy a property in Spain (or any foreign  land) or even back in the UK without doing a little bit of research. 'Land grab' and 'illegal builds' has been the scourge of property ownership and property purchase here for decades and it has been a big hit in the British press and TV programmes for more than fifteen years.
How on earth have so many come here and been duped ?? I just don't understand the Brits at all !  Now we hear that they, the silly 'numb nuts' are still coming here and handing over their hard earned life savings for a villa that may soon be a pile of bricks. What on earth are they on. I don't get it.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on June 12, 2014, 17:00:53 PM
How many British Councillors are there on Vera Council?
That is the reason.
Get involved or don't bother and accept what happens to you.
Your choice.

The fing is Rog,not every area has the benifit of people like yourself whom posess years of political ,legal,planning and council mangment experience,the last thing area,s with illigal homes need is a council full of novices whom think they know what there doing,leading every bxggxer up the garden path.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

How many British Councillors are there on Vera Council?
That is the reason.
Get involved or don't bother and accept what happens to you.
Your choice.

Rod

You are living in a dream world if you think that they will get compensation. Just look at the Prior's case, court said they should have compensation, where is it?

Tetley

Thanks Rog,i new yed have the job in hand,well done  :clap:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

The answer to your second question is no.

As for the first question.
The owners submitted an appeal against the Council proceeding.
This is in the hands of our lawyer.
The owners can get a personal update from me, but I am sure they have nothing to worry about.

If I may make a political point.
In Arboleas we have a team of Councillors who were elected on the promise to protect all our residents.
We will keep our promise.
In Parlaloa and other towns they have the opportunity next May to elect a Council which will work for them not for private interests.
But it will not happen unless people start to take action locally now.

Tetley

Rog
whats the latest on the 7 Arboleas building licences you were instructed to cancel,have you carried out the cancelation or have you manged to delay it until the granting of inovation 14 in a few weeks time ?

also have you had anymore legal instruction to cancel anymore building licences apart from the 7 Lv houses in Arboleas  ?

TVM   :tiphat:

Roger

The Council, if the claim is true, committed the alleged crime.
The Council is still there and has a continuing legal responsibility.
Nothing else will help the owners because unless the land can be made urban
under urban planning legislation the houses will always be illegal.

You can of course campaign for the Junta to change the law and back date the application of the change.
In the opinion of planning consultants I have spoken to this is very unlikely to happen.

Lynne

Quote from: Rod on June 12, 2014, 11:26:16 AM
What chance of getting a cent back from the Council or promotor?

FAT...!
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Lynne

Firstly, the news is unfortunately true and secondly the website you named is far from up to date.  One villa shown in Piedra Amarilla was sold nearly a year ago!
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Rod

What chance of getting a cent back from the Council or promotor?

Roger

This story is in today's edition of Voz de Almeria.
It states that the former PSOE Mayor, and current councillor, has been charged, and the public prosecutor is asking for 9 years prison term.
Reading between the lines it seems that licences were issued by the Town Hall for houses on rustic land.
Hence the owners could obtain escrituras using these illegal documents.
We have a similar situation in Arboleas, also involving Lakes Vega, the builder.
However in Arboleas the difference is that the land in question will soon be made urban under existing planning laws.
The problem for these houses in Partaloa is whether or not it will be possible to make the land urban.
If not the owners should take legal action against the Town Council for compensation.

Rod

True. Don't hide, get something done about this and join the AUAN.

jim

Below is a part of the storey from the Costa Almeria News...... please someone say this is not true......we have been actively looking to buy again in this area (we lived 6 years in Arboleas) This sort of thing will put buyers off yet again, just as things are starting to move in the right direction. 

"The public prosecutor has requested the demolition of 13 expat homes built illegally on non-urban land in Partaloa amid claims the properties were knowingly sold while they were the subject of a criminal investigation.
The 13 homes located in the district of Piedra Amarilla were built by developer Francisco Javier Fernández del Pino, from the Lakes Vega building firm.
In a further twist, the AUAN expat property rights association has claimed that the latest buyers being duped are Belgian citizens who are unaware that their properties are under threat of demolition.
CA News can also reveal that at least two homes in Piedra Amarilla were being advertised for sale on the UK website 'A Place in the Sun' this week."
DILLIGAF