Price of New Dish:

Started by harmo, February 09, 2014, 13:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

partaloa

Quote from: partaloa on March 07, 2014, 15:50:34 PM
needed it for a client and I found someone who put up a new big dish all complete for just 650 euros :) if someone want the contact please pm me .

Got a massive on messages and all said it would be fair to give the name.

Sorry.  Please PM people. It is unfair to those that are advertising on the forum doing this exact same work.

No problem  :)

partaloa

needed it for a client and I found someone who put up a new big dish all complete for just 650 euros :) if someone want the contact please pm me .

Got a massive on messages and all said it would be fair to give the name.

Sorry.  Please PM people. It is unfair to those that are advertising on the forum doing this exact same work.

Karen4

If they had been that price I'd have hired a van, driven down there and brought a load back to sell here for the coast of my diesel! It is a very, very misleading advert and may well be removed. They do state, further down the page, that all you will get if you "buy it now" is a piece of paper...!
Oh, just had a look and the item has been removed! Well done to ebay.
Cl3880

Karen4

That one advertised on ebay for 99p is very misleading - further down the page it says not to click on the buy it now as iall you will get is a piece of paper, so you'd be wasting your time Graeme! I understand it has been reported to ebay as misleading advertising.
Cl3880

partaloa

yes that can be ,I just took one of the links to show. there are enough on ebay and also on the facebook groups I saw several for sale. I got sometimes also from people who bough houses and say a german or a dutch client don't want the dish and asked me if I know someone who want it. I know a 1.8 m dish ,but I am not sure if that would be helpful as the new terms are 2.4 m. But when I have it again ,I will post it directly.

Karen4

Cl3880

Karen4

No, they say that:
hank you for your enquiry, unfortunately we stopped supplying the large dishes due to the damage being caused by the couriers. The largest we now supply is 1.1m diameter, our website can be viewed at www.satelliteonline.co.uk
You could get one delivered to an address in England and then brought here if you trust the courier to be careful? If Eastenders matters that much to you?!
Cl3880

cougar

It seems that it's been hacked :lol:

Three Blind Mice

Richard

Had a look on their site and can't find the dish

Any chance of a link please  :tiphat:

Richard Betteridge

had a look on the internet and Mansar Ltd in Melksham Wiltshire UK are advertising a 2.4 dish complete with all fittings and delivery to spain for £195, you just have to get somebody to install it for you,it includes bracket,pole,lnb & patio type stand,no idea how long it takes for delivery.BUT HOW GOOD IS THAT

GOOD LUCK RICHARD

Rod

No problem with my channels, 1.9 dish in La Horticheula, Albox.

mbit66

Quote from: pablosmum on February 11, 2014, 09:51:26 AM
We have a 1.9m dish and lost BBC with everybody else. This morning we have lost the ITV channels as well .

If you call the engineer who installed it he will fix it for you. We have all had to tweak some of the dishes installed before Astra 2E went live.

Mike

jimmybeen

'Garlicking' states that just north of HO the 1.9 dish is working well ....... I wonder where 'Pablosmum' is ?

pablosmum

We have a 1.9m dish and lost BBC with everybody else. This morning we have lost the ITV channels as well .

jimmybeen

In the thread 'TV channels' 'anneck' says the 1.9 dish is working, so maybe the big dish is the answer despite the price !

Tetley

i was paniced into buying a 6.99 hdmi  lead  :o  ,i was in bits last night at the end of midwifes  :o x2

:)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Reiver and kittycat - I never said that either of you two were panicked into buying a larger dish - after all, I have no idea who you are.

I was just saying that I hoped that those who were haven't got a problem.  I only raised it because of a comment by one of the sat engineers that he had discovered a potential problem with the 1.8m dish - although, thankfully, that now seems that is not a problem.

Glad that you are happy.

Karen4

Only if I was playing rugby for Ireland Richard...but then again tehy are such a great team they don't need any help!  ;)
Cl3880

kittycat

Reiver, i am so glad you stated not panicked into buying it, nobody is or was made to purchase a larger dish it is purely by choice!!!

The Reiver

Quote from: byrney on February 10, 2014, 15:22:04 PM
Just hope that those people who were panicked into buying 1.8m dishes some 18 months ago are finding that they can still receive their UK telly.

Thank you so much for your concern Byrney.  We bought our big dish last June (we were not panicked into it) and it is working beautifully, thank you.

rt21

Quote from: Karen4 on February 10, 2014, 17:11:45 PM
We have 2 Samsung Galaxy 3 tablets and a laptop as well as a main PC. When watching TV on the tablet via filmon there is no loss of speed, picture quality or any other problem. I think we will hook up the TV to one of the tablets and see how we get on. Well what I really mean is we will get Queen Clare Shirley to tell us exactly what cables etc to get and then come round for drinkies and nibbles and a hooking up lesson!  :king:

So you want lessons as a hooker Karen.  :D

Richard

Karen4

We have 2 Samsung Galaxy 3 tablets and a laptop as well as a main PC. When watching TV on the tablet via filmon there is no loss of speed, picture quality or any other problem. I think we will hook up the TV to one of the tablets and see how we get on. Well what I really mean is we will get Queen Clare Shirley to tell us exactly what cables etc to get and then come round for drinkies and nibbles and a hooking up lesson!  :king:
Cl3880

Roger

It seems to me that the quality from a dish is better than internet.
But at 1000 euros or more it is a big investment.
If I am spending that sort of money I expect a guarantee that it will work, or my money back.

webejamin

Fanks fer including me Hogs ;D bin feelin a bit shunted lately :(

byrney

byrney

Just hope that those people who were panicked into buying 1.8m dishes some 18 months ago are finding that they can still receive their UK telly.

johnny

It's a case of buyer beware at the moment. Don't rush into anything...and do research as there are many options other than a dish.
Johnny

Eddie

from what i am seeing a 1.8m dish will be borderline and you will need a 2.4 to cope with most atmospheric conditions and that is in the Albox area.

harmo

I have spoke to him on Saturday and he said 810 euros to exsisting customers plus bits.

Mike.                                     

byrney

Eurosatwiz is advertising on here for satellite systems from €299.

harmo

Thx for putting me right .

Mike.

sat

Quote from: Karen4 on February 09, 2014, 22:48:29 PM
I thought that the new satellite signal was stronger the further north you go so maybe the dishes don't need to be as big there as here?

In the CB yes, but the null spot we had for 10 years or so is now over the Barcelona area, so they have to upgrade their 80cm dishes to 1.8s and 2.4s!

mbit66

The dishes.needed in the.costa.blanca now are the.size.we used to have and I retailed.

Karen4

I thought that the new satellite signal was stronger the further north you go so maybe the dishes don't need to be as big there as here?
Cl3880