AndroidMan TV Box

Started by Android Man, February 26, 2014, 03:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicking2006

Would it be possible for you to come and set my android box up for me. My son bought it in uk for Mother's Day but I am struggling to set up.

coldavies

Can i say a big thank you to Android man, i had a problem with my wireless mouse,sent an email,had a reply within 10 minutes with information to  solve the problem, cannot ask better than that.
Many thanks Jamie.  :)

packard

byrney

Or you could try wiziwig.tv via your pc to watch pretty much any live sporting event for free.

debs

Packard, you can access most of the Sports channels via the add-ons Mash-Up and Navi-X; however for the popular sports events the streams are not always very good.  There is an add-on you can subscribe to to guarantee a good stream for all games.  You also get access to most sky channels. Here is a link to their channel list
http://streamtvbox.com/site/sports-schedule/

think subscription costs about £10 a month now - price has doubled as it has become very popular.

packard

Senile, I am thinking of getting one of these boxes. Most adverts say "free" sport including prem. football. Perhaps this is not true.
Please ask hubby for me what he is getting for the subscription.

senile

Since our internet provider has upgraded our speed, we now have 2 android boxes from Jamie, service second to none.  Far more choices on programmes, films etc.  My hubby has opted to subscribe to the sports channels, he is really happy to get all the sports he can absorb.

glenholt

I have an androidman box, and at the moment very pleased with the service Jamie has given. I know he was at the market last Saturday because I spoke to him. So who is spreading these false rumours.

Daffy

I had a  Eurosat email this morning touting for business at 14.99 PER MONTH as well as BUYING  the boxes!!!! I only enquired FIVE weeks ago so it didn't take long to get back to me did it??? :whistle:

I have bought two boxes from Android man and am well pleased with both the boxes and after care.

Thank you Jamie
:clap: :handshake

PAX

Jamie, I totally with what you are saying about damaging someone else's business.  I am therefore asking you to practice what you preach.  I was in hearing distance this morning, when you approached a young Spanish girl and accused her of spreading these rumours about you going back to England.  FACT this Spanish girl has done no such thing.

mickandjan

Well we cannot understand how anyone couldn't find you at the market  ???  Mick found you easily enough, and you sorted out our problems there and then, for which we thank you!

We also found a new router was long overdue for us.  All working really well now!   :clap:

Lone Wolf

My self and 3 neighbours bought android box's from Jamie about 5 months ago, we are all extremely happy, we didn't  have any problems until about 2 weeks ago with the buffering that has now been sorted, guess what guys nothing to do with Android Man I simply asked my internet provider to sort it or I would change providers. They did
We have 8 meg and our box is working at probably 95% very little disruption and got loads more choice not like  a dish.

evansnews

I second that Jamie, got one of your boxes a couple of weeks ago and I am very impressed with it and pleased with your after sales service thinking of getting a second one for the bedroom.

Android Man

Sorry we will not be at any internet cafes for at least a week whilst catch up with the back log, we have amended our ad on this forum and placed an advert in the papers to say this.
we are always at the market every Saturday rain shine and high winds. (check out our new sun roof @Los Llanos) sunrun $%
If you need any support please email, or visit our support desk   www.amdroidman.eu/support   or see us at the market    :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:   

Monty1

I went to Total Entertainment today to see Android Man but no one was there. Will you be there next Tuesday.

Android Man

Tandas   -  should have gone to specsavers.

We have 2 stalls side by side with a big AndroidMan banner and a few tvs

come by next saturday.

tandas

Went to Los Llanos today and didn't see you there.  Where are you at next?  Or have you run out of boxes now.  Would like to know the whys and wherefors on a box as been away in the uk and just come back.

senile

I bought an Android box from Jamie 1 month prior to the great switch off.  No probs at all until the switch off occurred.  After this occurred we had, (like many other people suffered problems).  We contacted our internet provider who have now upgraded our system to 6mg earlier this week.  Since then we have had very few problems.  At the moment we have the 1 Android box from Androidman, but we our now seriously considering a second box.  We have also taken out subscription to the sports channels today.  This now enables us to watch all Sky sports channels, ESPN, etc. etc.  We can also watch BBC and ITV channels if there is a problems with Filmon.  I am extremely grateful for the support that Jamie and Jacquie have given us throughout this transitional period.  Their patience and support have been second to none.

jonno

re people who say reception better with laptop than android box are they standard lap tops at around 400€ or more expensive models?

Maria

Cyprus lost their Sky beam about 3 years ago, and even where landline connections are readily available all over the island, thus negating the need there for ISP Wifi providers, but they still have experienced "buffering" and similar such android and Filmon problems.  Seems almost all problems are credited to "supply and demand"

Is a larger dish the only answer? or will the Junta/Guardia latch on to foreign TV being watched via a large Sky dish, and one day pounce, who knows?  Feel sure our adopted country would prefer we watch their own TV adverts.

see Cyprus opinions here:

http://www.cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=52362

Some valid points made by "Holitec" to the issues,

phileas fogg

I have a 1.9 dish as well as the Android, the latter I use mainly for Virgin TV and sports channels. I have HD connected and the picture from the dish is perfection. When switching over to the Android as expected it is of poorer quality and has the world wide problem of buffering.
Those who cannot have a 1.9 dish Android will give you TV but not in the perfection you were used to with a dish.
This is just not a problem here in Spain but world wide and no one yet has come up with an answer to give you a good streaming.
As I stated before I have one of the top routers and also android box and I still get the problems others do and I installed all programs myself so there is no chance of any virus problems to get into the system.
I wish it was my writings about "door stop" for android boxes but got this off web

byrney

Have been watching Filmon for the last couple of weeks directly through my laptop with very little buffering, hanging, or whatever it's called - certainly not enough to worry about.  I have even managed to record programmes (10 hours free available), which I could never master on the old DVD recorder!

However, tonight I experienced problems with both live TV and a recording I'd done.

I contacted Filmon using their "Chat" facility, and got an immediate response.

It was to go into my "History" tab, click "Clear Recent History", click the boxes "Cache" and "Cookies" and then "Clear Now".  Restart Filmon and, hey presto, no more problems all night.

Hopefully, this little "fix" might help others having problems.

roadrunner

We bought an android box from Jamie six weeks ago. We had no problems until Astra 2E was turned on, then there were issues with buffering/freezing, then eventually the download speed was so low that we had no TV at all. We had words with our IP provider who magically increased the download speed back to it's normal 6MB!

Jamie also kindly offered to reload the box a couple of weeks ago and we are more than happy with our TV viewing via android now!

Thank you Jamie and Jackie!

phileas fogg

I have the latest BT router the one you see on TV being advertised. It is so powerful if a fly lands on it, it will get zapped. I have this hard wired to my quad core android box and plugged into a new TV. I am on 6 meg and never drops below 5 meg. This is the top of the range box and the picture quality is poor and flat looking, connect to my laptop through router and I have wonderful clear crisp TV.
I get buffering and picture loss using the Android.If I get it with this system then I am sure others must do as well. As stated before this box makes a good door stop

debs

We bought one of the original android boxes from Android Man over a year ago and despite a few teething problems have never had anything that Jamie could not sort out.  We subsequently upgraded to the newer quad core box and what a difference from the earlier models - we have no complaints whatsoever.  Thanks Jamie

Roger

My android box is a useful and cheap way of watching TV.
However it is not as good as a lap top, although it has more options.

For example this morning the android box completely locked and it took a lot of re booting to free it.
I currently cannot get ITV (again) on the android box but can get it on my lap top, no problem.
Also no Channel 4 again.
Also the quality on the lap top is far better, particularly now I have got wide screen on the lap top.

so for me the android box is useful while my wife watches TV and I answer e mails in the lounge, without being exiled to my desk top in the office, and for catch ups for Corrie etc.

But for quality the lap top every time.

Dog Lady

Yes also thanks Jamie Only had our box since Monday but very pleased with it No problems apart from one lengthy time out  which we think was down to Filmon and our  unfamiliarity with the controls

Just wonder if you have time you could produce say an A4 list of basic operational points as for other non techies like us navigating around the numerous applications etc is a slow process

Daffy

Thanks Jamie.
Very well pleased with my Android box especially now that Albox online seem to have improved the internet speed.
Just very pleased to have TV back and with all the extras. Slowly going through all the "box sets",Downton, LA Law Dancing on Ice etc.  :clap: :handshake

Android Man

Update regarding Live UK TV on our Boxes.

Since BBC and ITV disappeared we noticed in the first week that there were lots of problems regarding internet, however in the last week there are far less problems, we have also noticed that most ISP companies are trying their best to resolve these issues, I must point out that these problems are very isolated, your router must be in good condition, including cables, adaptors and the dish/modem.

At my market stall we have customers talking to each other, we find that 2 people with the same internet provider are having completely different experiences, I have come up with alternative methods other than filmon and have put them onto boxes where customers are having buffering issues and this seems to have fixed most issues, we also invite our customers to bring their boxes to our stall to test it as they say it freezes, upon testing they can see that the issues are with their home setup, after a call to their internet provider, and a little bit of tweaking it should work, I know of a few internet providers who are improving some of their older networks and it will take up to 10 weeks.

I have now set up a new help desk for all our customers who have any questions www.androidman.eu/support  I hope this new system will help our customers, We would like to apologise to anyone who has tried emailing us, we have had some problems with our emails (virus) during the last 7 days.
Remember we are always available on saturdays at Los Llanos market. 

If any of our customers are unhappy with our boxes please email us with your concerns and if you are not satisfied we will issue you a REFUND. Conditions do apply such as all the original contents, packaging and receipt.

My final thoughts...  we are ALL trying our best to get YOU FREE TV some will have to be more patient than others whilst the upgrades take place. We also have to adapt to a new way of watching TV, back in the 20th century you turned a dial to change channels, you also had to get the kids to hold the aerial, normally in a awkward position trying to get the best picture, then there was the big brown TV's with big fat buttons for tv channels...... things change and evolve if you want FREE TV you have to understand there could be some minor isolated problems or blips on the net, I am no way against satelite companies, I know most of them provide a very reliable service. If you do not want to adapt then buy a dish, my neighbour upgraded their dish and are impressed only 850€   we all have a choice. I have had a quick browse through the recent threads and it seems there's not exactly 100's of people complaining compared to the 1000's using it. I would think more of my customers would be on here talking about their experiences but i assume they are watching our android box and have no problems with their internet, if its any consolation the first 2 weeks we had only .8 mb most evenings (wife was well upset no live soaps) and i could only work after 11pm into the very early hours (cock a doodle doo) I must say that my internet provider Aplinfo after some nudging, phone calls and emails came to my house this evening and fixed all our issues, and after doing a speed test i must say i am more than impressed with the speed and quality. (Arsenal in HD yeah)

Final final words..   filmon in my opinion is a very good addon to have, like EX-Pat and notfilmon. many are worried about this court case, last year back in January when we were selling the android boxes we used the filmon app, well they got shut down in February it was not long before they were up n running again a few months later. I will always try my best to get our customers FREE TV, we already use alternative streams to filmon. I pay for a sports package which is £10.99 for new customers, it has loads n loads of sports channels in SD and HD, there are over 150 channels which also includes ITV and BBC, We do not push/promote the paid for services especially for normal Live UK TV as it should be FREE.

Jamie AndroidMan
support@androidman.eu