The journey south

Started by Yorkshireman, February 18, 2009, 19:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorkshireman

Cheers Hogs, just got a quote from a mate of mine £270 to fetch the bike down to a depot in Almeria.
This includes packing in a Harley crate that he,s sourced from our local Harley dealer.
This means touch wood , when Im out in may for a week the bike will join me.
After i take fuel and ferry costs and time off work, this is a no brainer.
In an ideal world nothing would give me greater pleasure than to ride down but i shall look forward to some magnificent rideouts when im down there!
Ear all see all say nowt,eat all sup all pay nowt,and if tha ever does owt for nowt , allus do it for thisen!

HogRider

Yorkshireman

My preferred journey south would be to ride the bug*er and make a bit of a holiday out of the journey but in reality I suppose having it shipped is probably the answer.

Try Fred Phillips (Removals) He shipped my Road King, or Jimbo the Scot, he's moved stuff back to the UK for me that we didn't need here or Gary at EPS who will give you a quote I'm sure ! All the contact numbers for the above are on here somewhere so have a bit of a mooch with the search facility !

Hogs  :thumbsup

PS Don't forget to disable / Service mode your alarm before it goes in the truck !

Yorkshireman

Finally I have the go ahead to bring my bike to sunnier climes where the rideouts are guaranteed.
I only have a holiday home , but come out 4/5 times a year and so will no doubt get more use  than I do at present.
I am debating wether to ride down or ship . Ideally I'd ride down but all my flights are booked this year and so are the family holidays.
So if i want my bike out this year I'm going to have to ship it or wait till next year to ride down.
           SoI'm wondering if anybody has had a bike transported down there and what are the costs involved,also are they delivered to your door or a transport yard.
           I have so many questions eg tax ,insurance,plates ,servicing etc,but lets get out there first!
Ear all see all say nowt,eat all sup all pay nowt,and if tha ever does owt for nowt , allus do it for thisen!