muzzle or not

Started by radar, February 03, 2015, 09:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alto dogs

Once you know your area you will find lots of quiet remote places where your dog can be off lead. It may be wise to always have a muzzle handy, just to show that you do have one. We had to do that on the ferry. Only €3 in the Chinese shop! Some people muzzle to stop dogs eating stuff & you hear talk of poison. There was the biggest brute wandering about on his own in Albox this morning without collar, lead, owner or muzzle!

Lizzie1201

Radar, there are also a lot of Brits that let their dogs run around without leads and they have no control over them.
I have 2 GSD and when they go out they are always on a lead but never muzzled and I always carry their registration cards with me incase I get stopped by the guardia.
Both my dogs have been stroked and waved at by the Guardia Civil and I have never been questioned by them.
Liz

Karen4

This is why it's difficult go simply go for a walk here, if you're at all nervous around dogs. Not on leads, not muzzled, running after you, trying to jump up on you....no thanks! Friends of ours up the road ALWAYS have their dogs muzzled and on leads when they take them out every day. Very responsible.
Cl3880

tandas

I have rarely seen a muzzled dog in this area and as for dogs on leads most are let out by their Spanish owners to walk about on the own.  A rottweiler was walking about recently and I've seen a great dane on it's own.  There are laws ref cages in cars as well but you never see them being obeyed.  Make sure they are chipped and have the leishman collars and use your discretion as to when you can let your dog loose and you should be fine.

radar

Hi all, pending a possible move to the area i,m gathering info on bringing my 2 dogs over with me, one is no problem he is a small jack russell the other is a weimaraner although he does not come under the spanish dangerous dogs act he does weigh over 25kg ...i,m not sure if i need to have a muzzle on him when out, also i dont think i can let him off lead any where which is a great shame as he is a working gun dog and is trained to take whistle and voice commands, just wondered if any one had views on this..