Adelante Free Bird

Started by Tetley, July 25, 2018, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: bagwash on July 28, 2018, 21:05:39 PM
Tetley, I have no doubt this group are very good, but if somebody doesnt like the type of music they play then they are unlikely to watch them.
For example my better half is a big big fan of classical music, and sadly only classical music, Schubert being his favoavourite, so he has absolutely no desire to listen/watch anything else.
It is not personal just a matter of personal choice

im afraid wi wont be able to help,the only thing i can now suggest is ignoring mi music postings and mi links ,however if yer lucky somebody might read this thread and nock a  local Schubert tribute act up lol  :wink:   :laugh:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

bagwash

Tetley, I have no doubt this group are very good, but if somebody doesnt like the type of music they play then they are unlikely to watch them.
For example my better half is a big big fan of classical music, and sadly only classical music, Schubert being his favoavourite, so he has absolutely no desire to listen/watch anything else.
It is not personal just a matter of personal choice

Tetley

Quote from: lmj52 on July 28, 2018, 18:43:11 PM
Quote from: Tetley on July 28, 2018, 18:29:32 PM
my lad did the peidra Almera fiesta the other week solo guitar then after he played a flemenco group came on,2 singers 1 dancer and one classical guitarist,fantastic and again the flemenco guitar lad was a real player,its all abought live music and choices.

That was a great night Tets

yer i must admit i enjoyed it sat with a few beers & friends in real spain.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lmj52

Quote from: Tetley on July 28, 2018, 18:29:32 PM
my lad did the peidra Almera fiesta the other week solo guitar then after he played a flemenco group came on,2 singers 1 dancer and one classical guitarist,fantastic and again the flemenco guitar lad was a real player,its all abought live music and choices.

That was a great night Tets
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Quote from: doreen1 on July 28, 2018, 18:33:05 PM
We stood and watched their warm up and thought the young fellas playing the guitars were great. They should have dropped the abuelas 👵🏻
As you say Tetley, it's all about the live music. Long may it last.

indeed it is Doreen one of the main reason my lad wants to be a lawyer is that the  music will always be the un wind and the passion,plus he as been playing in venues  from  age 12 and says the only thing that spoils music...is musicians.... ( joke  :)) )

doreen1

We stood and watched their warm up and thought the young fellas playing the guitars were great. They should have dropped the abuelas 👵🏻
As you say Tetley, it's all about the live music. Long may it last.

Tetley

doreen1

On Thursday night here in Terreros we had a great night of music. A group of singers doing cover versions. Really good and a wonderful atmosphere.
Last night though was woeful. Choirs of elders in flamenco dresses, trying to sing. I was clapping after one set and my husband said no please do not encourage them

Tetley

Quote from: bagwash on July 28, 2018, 17:08:19 PM
Trucker - that would be true, and only true if everybody had the same personal taste in music, and thankfully we all dont. Whoose decision would it be to decide what type of music - rock soul blues pop disco dance country classical etc,we all listen to
The phrase variety is the spice of life - obviously this applies to every aspect of life.

so what do you want to see localy  ? apart from the same old same old rock covers bands or Karioki type sing along tribute acts just out of intrest ?

my personal choice in music is classical guitar ,this realy sorts the player out,ie no effects, no bullshxt ,just the buisness

Local Lad Ish,Vicente Amigo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMcMjyQVnO0&start_radio=1&list=RDvMcMjyQVnO0

bagwash

Trucker - that would be true, and only true if everybody had the same personal taste in music, and thankfully we all dont. Whoose decision would it be to decide what type of music - rock soul blues pop disco dance country classical etc,we all listen to
The phrase variety is the spice of life - obviously this applies to every aspect of life.

Trucker

If ever you see/hear this band you too would want to say how good they are...

brf

I see no reason why Tetley should not post here. If he dominated the forum then the admins would have a job to do but as I see it he makes a reasonable number of posts and his tastes are as valid as anybody's.

twojaysalmeria

Quote from: bagwash on July 25, 2018, 16:54:47 PM
Tetley, i mean no sarcasm by the following
I cant understand why people would want to thrust their music likes on other people, being a huge music fan i could literally post hundreads of links of my favourite music, cut and pasted or uploaded from the many social media sites onto this site - but why ?  We each have our own musical likes and genre.
I suppose if i did then i could boost my total posts well into the many hundreads and maybe thousands.

Good morning. I like this thread and the fact that we occasionally get videos or links to music that is sometimes new to me or perhaps a gentle reminding nudge to revisit old friends. Agreed, it could become tedious if we had hundreds of links daily but, at the moment, it's a quiet nook where, from time to time, we have the chance to explore or just enjoy recommends from other forum members.

And there's the bonus that we sometimes get to see a local band who are worth looking out for if they are gigging locally.

Cheers

J

lmj52

I cant understand why people would want to thrust their music likes on other people, being a huge music fan i could literally post hundreads of links of my favourite music, cut and pasted or uploaded from the many social media sites onto this site - but why ?  We each have our own musical likes and genre.
I suppose if i did then i could boost my total posts well into the many hundreads and maybe thousands.

It's a music board, post your likes. Maybe?
However if you don't like the posts you don't have to read/listen.
Danny and his group play great music and I know many people have been to see him as a direct result of such posts.
Takes all sorts I guess
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

I cant understand why people would want to thrust their music likes on other people, being a huge music fan i could literally post hundreads of links of my favourite music, cut and pasted or uploaded from the many social media sites onto this site - but why ?  We each have our own musical likes and genre.

I just stick em on to keep the music section turning over and my lad somtimes gets a gigg of the back of it..... wich de frys his head from the uni studys lol

i somtimes put vids up in the bike section as well if yer into yer motos.

bagwash

Tetley