Our first posting

Started by felipe, January 01, 2012, 16:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Peter, you are now the moderator for the RBL board.  I will make it read only for everyone except you as the moderator. If members wish to ask a question they can do so on the main forum board.  It will keep this board tidier that way.  Phil

peatpee

Hi Filipe
I am the new chairman of the Albox Branch of The Royal British Legion and Chris has now stood down from the committee completely. he will not be posting on here in future. Do you want to change the moderator to me?
Kind regards
Peter
Peter Phillips
Chairman
Albox Branch of The Royal British Legion

felipe

I have put this on for RBL on their behalf, they will in future be making their own postings on event etc this year. Phil

The Royal British Legion is the UK's leading Armed Forces charity and one of its largest membership organisations. Members get together through the network of branches and clubs all over the UK and overseas to participate in social, fundraising and welfare activities.

There are two local branches. In Albox we hold our Coffee Mornings on the first Thursday monthly at 10.30. Our Monthly Meetings on the third Thursday at 11.00 at La Parrilla Restaurant in Albox.

In Zurgena we meet on the 1st Thursday of the month at Latinos Bar, La Alfoquia, Zurgena at 11.00

Membership is open to everyone. If you have an interest in the objectives of the Legion and want to help and support those who have served and their families, come and join us. We welcome men and women of all ages, whether they have served in the Armed Forces or not.

Legion membership ensures that:

•   Remembrance is kept alive and that the sacrifices our brave Service men and women have made are never forgotten.
•   The ex-Service community have a voice and that their concerns are brought to the public eye.

Becoming a member also provides the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of social activities and events held locally, throughout the year.

If you want further information on the Albox Branch log on to http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/albox or contact the Chairman, Chris Pearce, on 630 56 26 18 or email at hello@chrispearce.co.uk

If you are interested in the Zurgena Branch log on to  http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/branches/zurgena  or contact Mr Mick Gardiner, Chairman, on 950 064 291 email: aligard57@hotmail.com

Our social activates are open to members and non members, (who pay a little extra). Activities will be posted regularly in this section.