Fresh chillies

Started by elliymob, June 22, 2015, 15:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliymob

Thanks bill,

jalapeño's are used in many dishes but are very mild often served in salads or along side tacos etc , they can be smoked over wood Chipping's and dried they then change name and are known as chipotles and are used in sauces etc.

We'll be in consum tomorrow after the market so I'll have a look.

Cheers steve

Cuddlybill

saw jalapinoes (sorry about the suspect spelling) in Consum HO on Sat.  Usually find they have stuff that other supermarkets don't.  ++=
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

elliymob

Quote from: Elgin on June 24, 2015, 11:53:52 AM
You could probably come and pick a few of mine (not sure exactly what sort of chillies they are but I'm sure I could spare a few.

That's very kind, when you get a surplus please PM me and I'll pop around  :handshake

Steve

Elgin

You could probably come and pick a few of mine (not sure exactly what sort of chillies they are but I'm sure I could spare a few.

elliymob

Thanks for the replies

Steve

hurlez

They sell birds eye chillies in Rizos greengrocers in Albox just up the road from Mercadona, however they are expensive.
I usually buy a box and freeze them , I only need to take a couple out when I need them  and they do not seem to lose any heat by freezing them.

trishtrosh

They had them in Lidl at Vera on Saturday

antatoo

I bought a bird's eye chilli plant from the garden centre at Vera (near the Galasa roundabout) a few years ago. Unfortunately it died last winter as I didn't bring it in like I usually do, so I only have a container full of dried ones that I took off it now.

It is worth a look if you are passing though as it was quite easy to care for and gave me loads of chillies every year and, even though they are very small, they are extremely hot and it is handy to have fresh ones on tap when you need them.

Good luck

elliymob

Hi , I'm looking for fresh chillies , jalapeños for every day use and scotch bonnets or better ! Ie naga's or Jamaican 7 pots for that special occasion

++=.

Been around the markets and what passes for a Spanish chilli is more like a pointy pepper. I know I can get dried but love the fresh flavour .

Any pointers ? Gardeners ?

Have tried to grow my own from seed and local plants but their just not getting going unlike the tomatoes !

We're in Urcal but don't mind a worth while drive.