sky coverage

Started by everset, November 07, 2012, 16:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elle1971

No problems here - still got all our channels. x
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

kerash

:clap: :clap:Thanks very much for the advice, try the simple things first :whistle:

eurosatwiz

Quote from: kerash on December 11, 2012, 15:44:08 PM
As of this morning 10am we have been without any channels viewed via sky. The programme schedule is present but when any channel is selected a message displayed states 'technical fault please try later'.

All channel except ch5 can be viewed via Humax including SkyNews.

We are situated in El Rincón Arboleas and have a 1.2m dish. Signal strengh is good and locked.

Have we lost Sky for good....?

Kerash
Hi kerash
We haven't lost em yet
That's a fault with box seen message many times
Try removing power plug leave 10min
Plug back in may fix prob ?
Advice is free

CT

kerash: Have you been on to the Sky web site, there's lots of information about the various errors and how to deal with them. First thing is to re-boot your box, sounds like a local problem as no-one else appears to be complaining.If all else fails you need a trusty satellite engineer, several of who contribute to this site.Sky channels were not on the satellite that changed, they should be as per normal.

kerash

As of this morning 10am we have been without any channels viewed via sky. The programme schedule is present but when any channel is selected a message displayed states 'technical fault please try later'.

All channel except ch5 can be viewed via Humax including SkyNews.

We are situated in El Rincón Arboleas and have a 1.2m dish. Signal strengh is good and locked.

Have we lost Sky for good....?

Kerash

Tetley

Quote from: The Sheriff  ILLIA. on December 11, 2012, 11:22:57 AM
Tetley,

There are as many English Language programs on Spanish TV as Spanish language - especially at night time - we have the option every evening of at least 10 English Language films - not dubbed with subtitles - the actual spoken word.

Yer ive seen them films as well Fred... not mutch talking in em tho  :o   ;D
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Tetley,

There are as many English Language programs on Spanish TV as Spanish language - especially at night time - we have the option every evening of at least 10 English Language films - not dubbed with subtitles - the actual spoken word.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

CT

Sounds like it could be a very happy 2013 for dish manufacturers and installers although the loss of C5 will not drive me to buy a new dish.

Tetley

Quote from: michris on December 11, 2012, 10:08:33 AM
Tetley

Your english still requires a little more work.

Ive given up with English im now on Spanish then hopefully once thats sorted im of onto Chineaze   :)

ne- how
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

michris

Tetley

Your english still requires a little more work.

Tetley

We have lost channel 5.... hopefully the rst will follow soon...then i can improve my Sp by watching SP  telly   ;D

eurosatwiz

How many 1.3 or 12.dishes are there in Arboleas ?
Well over 2000
Imagine if you will all of them having to change
Maybe it won't come to that !! Who knows
But if it does then supply will dry up
Advice is free

byrney

2000 new dishes in Arboleas alone?

Have you been on that funny stuff again Martin? lol

eurosatwiz

Quote from: byrney on December 11, 2012, 09:01:49 AM
Why will it take weeks to get new dishes?

Most distributors carry a max of 100 dishes
And have a weekly delivery
There are a few thousand potential clients requiring dishes
Lets just say 2000 that's a major understatement and that's only in Arboleas
Many more all over Spain
That's at least 10weeks work even the manufacture won't be able to make them quick enough
Advice is free

byrney

Why will it take weeks to get new dishes?

eurosatwiz

I agree with what most of you are saying about waiting to upgrade to some extent
It does make sense
But if the same thing happens with future changes that we have seen recently
Then most people will lose the free to view channles
Then demand for bigger dishes will be greater than supply
Meaning some people will be left with NO tv for some time could be months it certainly won't be weeks

Advice is free

CT

APY2: ITV 2,3 and 4 haven't moved so you should be able to get them plus, as you say, some of the ITV regions.As there is virtually no difference in ITV regions these days apart from local news you shouldn't lose any of the popular network programmes unless you are only locked into STV.

byrney

Flimflam - "Have been advised to get a bigger dish".

By a satellite engineer by any chance?

Others have suggested its best to wait until things settle down before spending your money........

flimflam

We've lost itv, ch5, 4seven and a few others - we've gained quite a few other channels - food channels, really, etc (don't normally get these in
our sky package ) - unfortunately - we still get all the sports channels!!!!!  Have been advised to get a bigger dish - but we can live without the
ones we can't get - can always find enough to watch.  Might think about getting a spanish ariel - some of the channels on that sound o.k.??

Optomist

I dont think all the ITVs have been moved so i would try looking for another regional version , we have ITV 1 Wales and ITV London , both still perfect so i dont think they have moved , if they have im sure there will be an expert more than happy to correct me  :whistle:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

everset

as others are saying ch5 and the other 5s are the problem channels but ive totally lost itv,  ch4 and 4seven, ive since found i can recieve itv+1 on 131, has anyone lost these or others

CT

I suggest you save your money for a big dish until next year when 2E and 2G come along

anneck

sorry finn,  i am not in the business and have not a clue re positioning of a new satelite. i am only giving info as a have a 1.9 dish which i brought down with me from the costa blanca.  in my total innocence i believed that i could impart my situation, if only to help others who may encounter loss of channels.
annneck

Optomist

Quote from: sat on December 08, 2012, 20:03:10 PM
Quote from: APY2 on December 08, 2012, 18:23:23 PM
Moved yes
BBC1 HD England, BBC1 HD Northern Ireland and BBC HD have not yet moved to 2F, and are still on 1N.

Only copies of BBC1 HD England, that will eventually become BBC1 HD Wales and BBC1 HD Scotland, have moved from 1N to 2F.

I stand Corrected , that will teach me to double check 1st and not trust my memory , good to know we have the experts here to rely on or we wouldn't have a clue what was going on .

byrney

Exactly Finn.  Let´s hope some people haven´t already taken up offers of new dishes on the basis that supplies might run out......

finn

dish sizes, transponders mega this and that!!! this post sounds to me like an ad for companies that sell large dishes  and yet reception seems to be ok as roger says. if all you lose is channel 5 then thats not the end of the world or is it.
relax guys and wait and see what reception you have in a few weeks before shelling out on expensive massive dishe.

sat

Quote from: APY2 on December 08, 2012, 18:23:23 PM
Moved yes
BBC1 HD England, BBC1 HD Northern Ireland and BBC HD have not yet moved to 2F, and are still on 1N.

Only copies of BBC1 HD England, that will eventually become BBC1 HD Wales and BBC1 HD Scotland, have moved from 1N to 2F.

anneck

Still have HD on 1.9m dish

Optomist

Moved yes but not gone , we still receive it perfectly . What size dish and make of receiver do you have ?

jill cockfield

CT

I wonder if the dish installers who read this thread have come to any conclusions now 2F appears to be operating and little, if any, trouble is being experienced ? It sounds as if new and larger dishes are not required unless you are desperate to watch C5.

olive25

An update from SES ASTRA's Website

SES

We'd like to respond to your questions relating to the current channel shifts at 28.2 degrees East and the footprint of ASTRA 2F. The UK channels are currently shifted from ASTRA 2B and ASTRA 1N to ASTRA 2F which has been launched recently and is operational now. ASTRA 2F is part of our fleet replacement programme at 28.2 degrees East. The channel transfer is ongoing and will have no implications for viewers in the UK since the TV programs shifted to ASTRA 2F operate on the same frequencies and are broadcast for the UK. TV viewers outside the UK, however, may see an impact as they might no longer be able to receive the channels due to their transfer to a beam with a smaller footprint. This footprint meets the requirements of our customers, the broadcasters, who focus their program distribution on the UK where they have the programme rights.

sat

Quote from: CT on December 07, 2012, 14:55:05 PMI am not clear whether 1N has been turned off yet prior to its departure to another part of space.
Not yet.
It is still live with about 15 frequencies / transponders, that are still carrying BBC ITV C4 Disney Nick and some Sky Sports Active channels.

byrney

Well APY2, it looks as though those of us who have been fearful of having to fork out huge sums of money to have our equipment upgraded can be at least cautiously optimistic and that the gloom merchants hopefully were wrong.

I will be following your advice and letting things settle down before I make any silly decisions about needlessly upgrading - sorry sat guys.

For now, I am quite happy with what I am getting - C5 is no great loss.

Elgin

After a couple of powere cuts I was surprised thar the Sky box came back on without any problemd.  I have checked the default transponder setting and it has gone back to the UK default 11.778 but everything still works.  Moreover we have more movie channels and we now have the full 7 day programme guide.