10 year old guitarist

Started by macc, May 03, 2014, 18:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crawdaddy

I used to go and watch the jam nights at The Grey Horse, SW London,  and two guys, Andy Cortes and Aaron Keylock  started there at the age of 10-11.

They still go down there now and again for a jammin'  session. 

They done alright these days on the London scene, but there were a whole lot more youngsters who came and were very good but never heard of again.

Very,very few make it big even locally. 

Tetley

I  think thats an intresting point,its a vast diffrence playing in a bedroom than it is to learning & playing & delivering in  a live gigg situation and if a youngster realy is the" real deal " there will always be somebody out there to make a doller out of them and with that comes the pressures wich can either make them or ruin the talent.

:tiphat:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

albertjames

There is a new one of these kids every couple of years...most of them fade back into obscurity after their 15 minutes, sometimes they do something with it like Derek Trucks and Johnny Lang, but most of these kids are just imitating what they see, and never develop any real musicianship. It's cool, but let's see where he is in 10 years.

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Tetley

Yes its fantastic ,he hasent learnt that on a ps3 he is cetainly gifted   :clap:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

doreen1

Wow, fantastic. The guitar was nearly as big as him. Good luck to him he could have a great future ahead of him. :clap:

Tetley

Quote from: macc on May 03, 2014, 18:44:26 PM
Have a look at this 10 year old, he started playing when he was 8, whats he going to be like when he,s 12.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQzL2Fkw4WA

At last somebody who will compeat with Bonamassa by the time he is 16 ,shake the guitar world down a bit   :clap:

macc

Have a look at this 10 year old, he started playing when he was 8, whats he going to be like when he,s 12.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQzL2Fkw4WA