black beetle on olive tree

Started by lou, May 14, 2009, 10:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou

Black beetles have gone!!!!!!!!! I did nothing went to water trees yesterday and they have all gone. Mind I did give them one of my looks when I found them there. Perhaps they took the hint! :clap: :clap:

NormanM

The white stuff is probably an infestation of wooly aphid, which looks like a fungus, but isn't. Just Google 'wooly aphid' and have a look at the BBC info there.
From Normam

butch

Hi, i also have loads of  these flying black beetles with a red collar on my olives.dont seem to be doing any damage,do you think they could be pollinating the blossom.   B

chelseaphil

I had the white stuff on mine two years ago. and got it a little bit again this year. Apparently it is a fungus of some sort but it did not do any harm to the tree or the flowers and olives. That year I still got 65kilos of the one tree. Last year with no white stuff 100kilos. But it was a good year all round for olives I believe.

bigtallgeezer

Also on Olives....we have loads of flowers this year ( bad for hay fever sufferers ) but they have some white powdery substance on them.  Any advice gratefully received...
Pat  :tiphat:
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

lou

I have found some black beetle type things on my olive trees they fly away when sprayed with water. Are they good or bad if bad how do I get rid please???