Windows10 Black background

Started by longsands, September 17, 2015, 13:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calbous1

Very good,i also learnt something from all settings.

longsands

Hi calbous1
You put me on the right track in resolving my problem.  When I clicked on the Notification icon, there wasn't a box with percentages to select from but a choice of four boxes one of which was 'All settings', this was the one I thought must appropriate and the one I selected. From the new display I selected 'Personalization' which allowed me to change the Desktop setting and then I choose 'Themes', which allowed me to revert the screen to what I wanted. So problem solved thanks to your input.
Much appreciated, many thanks.
longsands.   

calbous1

You can change the brightness by clicking on the notifications box on the bottom righthand side near the clock,there is a box with percentages that shows 25,50,75,and 100 percent.It might make an improvement.

longsands

Thanks calbous1 for your suggestion, unfortunately, following your instructions. I changed it from dark to light, but it seems to make the colours brighter, which improved the viewing.
I honestly think this is how Microsoft intended Windows10 to be.

My wife likes it anyway. 

Thanks again, longsands.

calbous1

Are you using edge? if so click on thr three dots on the top right hand side and choose settings,at the top it shows Choose a Theme,you have the choice of light or dark. Hope this helps.

longsands

I have been using windows10 for a few weeks now, but I can't get used to the web pages having a black background.  I've tried trying to change it back to what I would call normal viewing but to no avail. As anyone else tried to change it and if so, how did you do it. Maybe there is no way and you just have to accept as it is.

Thanks for any replies.